The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Oh man: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/03/10/carville_hillary_certainly_is_not_going_to_get_rid_of_obamacare_i_promise_you_that.html

James Carville, promising us that Hillary isn't going to get rid of Obamacare? :lol: Look at his silly head bobbing back and forth: He doesn't really believe all that much in what he is saying.

Well, progressives? Now you are pants F'ed. Why is James Carville, the Clinton's personal talking head, saying this, and saying this now? Accident? Coincidence?

All we need to see: Lanny Davis coming out and saying the same thing, and that will confirm it. Hillary WILL make getting rid of Obamacare a talking point for her campaign. And don't be fooled: we are speaking in Clintonese here.

Hillary, speaking in Clintonese: "We absolutely have to support Obamacare, because we can't go back to what we had.(:rolleyes:) That means doing the things that are going to support its success going forward....I just have a small list here of the things we will be working on....". Translation: "support" means kill. "success going forward" means whatever Hillary has to do to not be hurt by Obamacare. "small list" :lol: "the things we will be working on" means they will completely repeal and replace all of it...leaving a few trivial things in place to give the lie just enough truth...

....so that 3 years form now, James Carville can go on TV and say "See? I told you we weren't getting rid of it". :rolleyes::lol:

More confirmation of:

You can't have your Hillary, and your Obamacare too.

Dems Obamacare Offensive in FL-13 Backfires

Democrats are downplaying any larger significance from Republican David Jolly’s win over Democrat Alex Sink in Tuesday’s special election, but a recent memo found the party was hoping the race would be a blueprint to display public support for Obamacare come November. A memo from Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee executive director​ Kelly Ward obtained by the Hill last month even warned that Republicans’ opposition to Obamacare “comes at their own peril in 2014.”

“Democrats are now on offense over the Affordable Care Act, putting Republicans on their heels over the costs of their plan to repeal the law altogether,” Ward wrote to staffers, according to a February 26 report from the newspaper. “Americans are rejecting Republicans’ repeal agenda both nationally and in swing districts, where voters want to see the Affordable Care Act fixed and improved, not repealed.”

Ward denounced “Republicans’ fake ACA horror stories” and said their position would ultimately be “anathema to 2014 voters.” Her confidence echoes Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s repeated guarantees that candidates will definitely run on the health-care law moving forward, despite controversies and problems facing it.

Nonetheless, the strategy evidently sunk Sink. Running on that message, Sink lost to Jolly in a district she had previously won in 2010; President Obama had won the district in both 2008 and 2012.

Tonight’s Special Election Sends National Signals for Fall

At this point in a midterm election the smart contributor money in Washington, D.C., and elsewhere is trying to figure where to place its bets in November. Both parties are road-testing messages for the fall. That’s why tonight’s stunning special-election victory by Republicans in a Florida House district won twice by Barack Obama has national implications. Democrats are in for a “bumpy ride,” as Bette Davis would put it.

Republicans shouldn’t have won tonight. Their candidate, 41-year-old David Jolly, was easily caricatured as a former congressional staffer and Washington lobbyist. He was vastly outspent by Democrat Alex Sink and her allies, and ran a shambolic campaign that was ridiculed behind the scenes by GOP operatives. Sink was a moderate female who had carried the district when she was running for governor, just over three years ago. As Florida’s chief financial officer, she outshone Jolly in terms of government experience.

But Jolly was for total repeal of Obamacare and Sink was, well, nuanced in expressing her opinion that the law could be “fixed.

Voters weren’t buying that.

Turnout was high for a special election and the enthusiasm was clearly with GOP voters. Democrats stayed home in greater numbers.

Edited by B-Man

More good Obamacare news from Sebelius.

They have no idea how many have paid for coverage, they have no idea what percentage had insurance prior to signing up, they have no idea how many have lost their coverage, but they know this much: costs will go up next year.

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Wednesday that Obamacare premiums will probably go up in 2015, that she does not know how many Obamacare customers have paid their premiums, and that she does not know how many Obamacare enrollees had insurance previously.

“I think premiums are likely to go up, but go up at a slower pace” than they did previously, Sebelius admitted at Wednesday’s House Ways and Means Committee hearing.

“I can’t tell you that, sir, because I don’t know that,” Sebelius said when asked by Georgia Rep. Tom Price how many Obamacare customers have paid their first premiums. Sebelius said she also does not know how many Obamacare customers previously had insurance plans that were canceled.

You heard stories of what a failure this bill and President were going to be, but you just never think it will be as big and embarrassing as it seems. And yet it is.

More good Obamacare news from Sebelius.

They have no idea how many have paid for coverage, they have no idea what percentage had insurance prior to signing up, they have no idea how many have lost their coverage, but they know this much: costs will go up next year.

You heard stories of what a failure this bill and President were going to be, but you just never think it will be as big and embarrassing as it seems. And yet it is.

So do they have any metrics? At all?

That's completely embarrassing.

Sebelius Won’t Promise No More Obamacare Delays

“There are 37 changes to the law,” Republican representative Dave Reichert said today at a House Ways and Means Committee hearing, noting that HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius had promised the American people during a Fox News appearance there would be no more changes to the law.

“Can you make a promise to the American people that there will be no more delays to the so-called Affordable Care Act?” Reichert asked the secretary.

Sebelius responded, “We will continue to put out regulations to the policies as we go through this act.”

Sebelius: ‘I Don’t Know’ How Many Obamacare Enrollees Have Paid

Today Kathleen Sebelius told the House Ways and Means Committee that HHS does not know how many people who are enrolled in Obamacare have paid their premiums.

When Representative Tom Price asked Sebelius asked how many of the 4.2 million people enrolled have actually paid for their plans, she responded, “I can’t tell you that because I don’t know that.”

That report is damning. What you are watching is the slow and methodical self-destruction of liberalism/progressivism/etc right before your very eyes.

Big words, incompetent actions, no accountability, broken promises and literally billions of wasted taxpayer dollars on the single-most embarrassing legislative failure we will see in our lifetimes.

Brought to you by the party of the people..and by 'the people' we mean the people who were paid the billions of dollars to launch this incompetence on the American people.

So do they have any metrics? At all?

That's completely embarrassing.

I'm thinking: both you or I, given merely "select" priviiledge on the various DBs, could tell this entire board exactly what is happening in about an hour. I know I could.

Yeah: reporting, the task we assign the dumbasses/rookies on the project....is suddenly a major challenge?

Integration/Federalized data issues? Deploy Mule, and STFU. I could train most of this board to this in about 2 hours.

This is a pathetic attempt at hiding the data. There's no way in hell they don't know the answers to these questions. No way. The people who are believing them, and calling them incompetent, are being extremely naive.

Therefore, don't be surprised if suddenly, magically, the data that answers the questions Sebelius "doesn't know" comes out. Why? Because Accenture isn't going to have some (*^*&%^$^#go out and tell people that they can't do reporting. No way in hell.

Sebelius and the rest of CMS top management are absolutely fooling themselves if they think Accenture is going to allow any of this to stick to them.

I'm thinking: both you or I, given merely "select" priviiledge on the various DBs, could tell this entire board exactly what is happening in about an hour. I know I could.

That presumes on a sane schema and something resembling quality data.

I would not be surprised if, after an hour, we threw up our hands and said "What is this ****? I can't make sense of this. What the !@#$ did you guys think you were doing?" I would expect, for example, that they're doing things as stupid as accepting alphabetic characters in currency fields (they didn't have time to write the code to check in the web page that numbers are numbers, so rather than throw an error they changed the database field from a numeric to a character type, so it wouldn't "break" when invalid data was entered. I've seen that done.)

This is a quintessential "We have to do it fast, we don't have time to do it right" project. Which is the opposite of what I tell my developers: be lazy and do it right the first time. If you don't have time to do it correctly now, you won't have time to fix it later. And hey...my project right now is not only on schedule, but two years ahead of EVERY other project in this program, because I insisted everything be done right the first time and fixed problems early.

Which is also why my project was just cancelled..."Other projects are so far behind schedule, we need you and your developers on those instead." Yes, I've had a project killed for going too well. Welcome to government contracting.

That presumes on a sane schema and something resembling quality data.

I would not be surprised if, after an hour, we threw up our hands and said "What is this ****? I can't make sense of this. What the !@#$ did you guys think you were doing?" I would expect, for example, that they're doing things as stupid as accepting alphabetic characters in currency fields (they didn't have time to write the code to check in the web page that numbers are numbers, so rather than throw an error they changed the database field from a numeric to a character type, so it wouldn't "break" when invalid data was entered. I've seen that done.)

This is a quintessential "We have to do it fast, we don't have time to do it right" project. Which is the opposite of what I tell my developers: be lazy and do it right the first time. If you don't have time to do it correctly now, you won't have time to fix it later. And hey...my project right now is not only on schedule, but two years ahead of EVERY other project in this program, because I insisted everything be done right the first time and fixed problems early.

Which is also why my project was just cancelled..."Other projects are so far behind schedule, we need you and your developers on those instead." Yes, I've had a project killed for going too well. Welcome to government contracting.

those are universal rules and work well in farming.

Former Dem Rep. Who Voted for Obamacare Speaks Out Against HHS Mandate

A former Democratic representative, Bart Stupak of Michigan, who voted for Obamacare decried the Department of Health and Human Services mandate requiring coverage of contraception and drugs that may cause abortion, saying that during congressional debate on the law “we agreed to conscience protections.”

Latest Obamacare Pitch from Celebrity Moms: ‘We Nag You Because We Love You’

Yep............that'll work.

Former Dem Rep. Who Voted for Obamacare Speaks Out Against HHS Mandate

A former Democratic representative, Bart Stupak of Michigan, who voted for Obamacare decried the Department of Health and Human Services mandate requiring coverage of contraception and drugs that may cause abortion, saying that during congressional debate on the law “we agreed to conscience protections.”

Latest Obamacare Pitch from Celebrity Moms: ‘We Nag You Because We Love You’

Yep............that'll work.

poor little zygotes! Will they go to heaven?

Obama: Obamacare Enrollees 'Might End Up Having to Switch Doctors'

http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-obamacare-enrollees-might-end-up-having-to-switch-doctors/

Remember Obama’s promise? Under Obamacare, “if you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period

In an interview with WebMD, Mr. Obama admitted what we already knew: he was lying.

We might have to “switch doctors”? Why, that doesn’t sound like keeping the doctors we like at all, does it?

Edited by B-Man

no, just being sarcastic about your feigned outrage

There is, quite literally, nothing you could do to outrage me.

I do, however, find you to be greatly lacking in class, manners, depth, and common decency.

You are, quite frankly, low; and you've defined yourself as such with your own chosen words.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker