The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Without the votes to block Obamacare repeal, Democrats are turning to procedural moves they believe will underscore their most powerful argument: Republicans are hiding their repeal plan from the public and using Senate procedures to keep it a secret.

"Republicans are drafting this bill in secret because they're ashamed of it, plain and simple," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. "These are merely the first steps we're prepared to take in order to shine a light on this shameful Trumpcare bill and reveal to the public the GOP's true intentions: to give the uber-wealthy a tax break while making middle class Americans pay more for less health care coverage. If Republicans won't relent and debate their health care bill in the open for the American people to see, then they shouldn't expect business as usual in the Senate."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/19/democrats-stop-senate-business-obamacare-239715

REMINDER:

That this is even a point of contention proves one thing — ignorance of the legislative process. Legislation is not passed in secret, away from the public eye, neither are bills signed into law without substantial public oversight.

Everyone will get a chance to gripe, complain, throw tomatoes, and trot out a child who will most certainly die if Republicans don’t act!™ once the bill is finished and finally introduced.

But the media uproar isn’t about everyone, it’s about the media. They’ve been shunned the opportunity to intentionally mischaracterize components of a bill before its introduction.

The dynamics are so out of kilter, the political press corps believes itself entitled to not merely observe, but to participate in the legislative process.

And that’s exactly why they haven’t been invited to the party.

Despite what major outlets are reporting, nothing nefarious is happening. No one is being blocked out of any normal process. There is no “stonewalling” (since that’s the latest fashionable Beltway complaint lodged at those not bending to media will). The media only have themselves to blame.

Despite what major outlets are reporting, nothing nefarious is happening. No one is being blocked out of any normal process. There is no “stonewalling” (since that’s the latest fashionable Beltway complaint lodged at those not bending to media will). The media only have themselves to blame.

Seriously Bro - Take a look at your life....is this what you endeavored for....spending your days and nights on a crappy forum sifting through prismatic sources so you can pat yourself on the back in a symbolic forum win?

Let's hear some ACA defense..................

Iowa’s last Obamacare insurer asks for 43% rate increase for 2018

This is a dodge actually. The Republicans don't want to fix this, they just want to cut medicaid because that's where the money is for the tax cuts for the wealthy. So you have heard from an ACA defender.

Nice propaganda though. Just what you are paid for.

Why do we allow a paid poster on this board?

This is a dodge actually. The Republicans don't want to fix this, they just want to cut medicaid because that's where the money is for the tax cuts for the wealthy. So you have heard from an ACA defender.

Nice propaganda though. Just what you are paid for.

Why do we allow a paid poster on this board?

Stop your crusading. It makes this board a lesser place.

The US economy blew it by not going to single-payer healthcare when it had the chance.

Another bad one was the automakers didn't conjoin their pension plans, instead holding out for each of their unique ways of fraud and bankruptcy.

Water under the bridge.

Heaven help you if you cannot afford catastrophic care and hospitals cut down on their amazingly nice free surgeries and work for the poor.

Seriously Bro - Take a look at your life....is this what you endeavored for....spending your days and nights on a crappy forum sifting through prismatic sources so you can pat yourself on the back in a symbolic forum win?

There is nothing "serious" about your post sir.

Just your usual misinterpretation of who your fellow posters are and what they are about.........Little surprise there.

YOU would do yourself better, if perhaps you stopped worrying about others and started to realize the vacancy of your own posts.

Start reading other views instead of dismissing them outright.

There is nothing "serious" about your post sir.

Just your usual misinterpretation of who your fellow posters are and what they are about.........Little surprise there.

YOU would do yourself better, if perhaps you stopped worrying about others and started to realize the vacancy of your own posts.

Start reading other views instead of dismissing them outright.

Yes, because being a cut and paste monkey like you is where it's at, huh?

$$$$$

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

You're not trying to make a point, you're just a jerk.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.11.

DEAR ABBY: I have a longtime friend I see almost every day. She's an awesome friend. Her children are adults. One of them is gay; the other is a transgender male. I respect her for supporting her children, learning everything there is to know about the LGBT community and seeking social change on their behalf.

The conflict lies in the fact that my religious beliefs and personal feelings are at odds with the notion of gender fluidity. I think the concept is nuts. I have compassion, however, for people who suffer with their identity in any form. I also believe in equal rights.

I do support my friend, who supports her kids, but I feel like a fraud when she and her friends talk about gender neutrality and vent their indignation that someone called someone else by the wrong pronoun. I act equally offended, but the truth is, I don't believe in these ideas or this cause.

I don't want to lose an important friend. I want her to feel supported -- but I'm lying. Please help. My conscience is bothering me. -- FEELING LIKE A PHONY

your reply needed to be the "shut up you dumb monkey" reply. You blew it.

Worst loss of control since Daystrom's M-5 almost took Captain Kirk's job.

That wasn't Kirk's fault.

And that's the intent of my script. I wanted to farm out my "You're an idiot" work, so I had more time for other things.

That wasn't Kirk's fault.

And that's the intent of my script. I wanted to farm out my "You're an idiot" work, so I had more time for other things.

It's okay if it goes out unintended when we know what you are about.

Might damage some well-thinking people though the first time it happens.

Edited by row_33

It's okay if it goes out unintended when we know what you are about.

Might damage some well-thinking people though the first time it happens.

Anyone damaged by being called an idiot by a javascript library was already damaged beyond repair beforehand.