The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Justice Department sides with court ruling Obamacare invalid

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday announced that it is siding with a district court ruling that found the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional.

</snip>

Please and thank you! 

John McCain saved Trump a bunch by not killing Obamacare, but the courts might still hand Dems a BIG winning campaign issue here 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Please and thank you! 

John McCain saved Trump a bunch by not killing Obamacare, but the courts might still hand Dems a BIG winning campaign issue here 

There is zero chance that a medicare for all type health insurance becomes law in this country anytime soon.  Zero.  A majority of lawmakers won't have the stones to vote for it, but that won't prevent your side from running on it and not being able to actually get it done. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

There is zero chance that a medicare for all type health insurance becomes law in this country anytime soon.  Zero.  A majority of lawmakers won't have the stones to vote for it, but that won't prevent your side from running on it and not being able to actually get it done. 

If Conservatives crash the health care insurance market, yes, the Dems will love that! 

Trump's budget already takes an ax to healthcare, so there is no hiding which side is for the people and who is for the wealthy 

He's right :) 

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday blasted the Trump administration's call for the courts to strike down ObamaCare, warning that it would be a political "anchor" for every Republican heading into elections in 2020.

"The Trump position ties a two-year anchor around the neck of every Republican for the next two years. Yet again, they will be forced to defend the indefensible. It's a stark reminder of the difference between our two parties," Schumer said from the Senate floor.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/435822-schumer-trumps-obamacare-move-an-anchor-around-the-neck-of-gop

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Justice Department sides with court ruling Obamacare invalid

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday announced that it is siding with a district court ruling that found the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional.

</snip>

I don't understand the strategy especially after they got burned by healthcare in the midterms.  It's like Republicans want to give the 2020 election away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pelosi reminded the media:

Last night, in federal court, the Justice Department of the Trump Administration – you’d think they have more to do – decided to not only try to destroy protections for preexisting conditions, but to tear down every last benefit and protection the ACA affords.

The GOP will never stop trying to destroy the affordable health care of America’s families. I always think of Mr. Clyburn and John Lewis when they quote Martin Luther King, when he talks about, ‘of all the injustices, the most inhumane is the inequality of health care.’

23 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Surely the Dems will run on Medicare For All! And they'll get it done! Just like they ran on "We're Going To Impeach Trump!" and got that done.

I mean, they did, right?

Wait. No. I think they changed their mind on that.

Well, hey, at least they have him nailed for collusion  with...

Wait. No. That didn't work.

Well, hey, at least Avenatti got him with the whole Stormy Daniels...

Well, hey, at least they...uhhh...they...uhhh...they got the New Green Deal passed by an overwhelming....

Wait. No.

Damn. What the hell is the DNC doing now that they have the house?

Anyone? Bueller?

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Anyone? Bueller?

They want to investigate Trump's financial records. As if they would actually be able to understand them. That's all they got.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Surely the Dems will run on Medicare For All! And they'll get it done! Just like they ran on "We're Going To Impeach Trump!" and got that done.

I mean, they did, right?

Wait. No. I think they changed their mind on that.

Well, hey, at least they have him nailed for collusion  with...

Well, hey, at least Avenatti got him with the whole Stormy Daniels...

Well, hey, at least they...uhhh...they...uhhh...they got the New Green Deal passed by an overwhelming....

Wait. No.

Anyone? Bueller?

You'll be eating those words when Schiff & Swallwell are able to prove the authenticity of the dossier!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You'll be eating those words when Schiff & Swallwell are able to prove the authenticity of the dossier!

Are we still at Drip! Drip! Drip! or are we back to Tick-Tock! Tock-Tock!

You can feel the walls closing in for a bombshell!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If the Dems run on Medicare for all, or reparations for slavery, Trump might have a chance in 2020. Maybe. 

What if they run on the Green New Deal? They're all endorsing it in their campaigning but abstaining from voting for it in the Senate. Are they just confused?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What if they run on the Green New Deal? They're all endorsing it in their campaigning but abstaining from voting for it in the Senate. Are they just confused?

Nope, they understand there is a great emergency right now and therefore this has to be dealt with, but the AOC plan is a bit too comprehensive for many people's tastes and less comprehensive plans will have to be put forward. I have my doubts much can be accomplished on this, but I do not see it as a vote killer. Until gas prices rise, but that's later 

I wrote an extensive post on Medicare and what it actually costs.

First, Medicare is not free. It doesn't cover lots of things - like dental expenses, eyeglasses, hearing aids. It also has caps to the coverage that it does provide.

And very significantly - it is a policy that covers a SINGLE individual. There are NO family policies. Oh, and one more thing, you don't get it unless you've worked and paid into the system for 30 quarters, i.e., 7.5 years. 

Just Part A costs $437 per month per person unless you worked for 7.5 years and paid into the system.

Part B costs at least $134 per month per person, and it's means tested, so you could pay as much as $428.60 per person per month for Part B.

Part B also has a $183 deductible per year per person, and after that you still have to pay 20% of the Medicare approved amount of your Dr. bills. 

So, I say yeah, sure. Give 'em what they're asking for. Make Medicare mandatory for everyone. Then let 'em start crying about how expensive the insurance is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, that's the problem - it's "too comprehensive".

tenor.gif

Oh, not for you. You don't think there's a problem. And also you are so incredibly partisan you actually listen to and believe Trump. 

How has the world ever made any progress with people like you around? I guess with people like me being around. :) 

51 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nope, they understand there is a great emergency right now and therefore this has to be dealt with, but the AOC plan is a bit too comprehensive for many people's tastes and less comprehensive plans will have to be put forward. I have my doubts much can be accomplished on this, but I do not see it as a vote killer. Until gas prices rise, but that's later 

OK. So tell us what you'd do to make it less comprehensive. Would we still be able to eat beef? Would we have to ride bikes instead of using fossil fuel vehicles? What part of AOC's plan would you jetisson?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

OK. So tell us what you'd do to make it less comprehensive. Would we still be able to eat beef? Would we have to ride bikes instead of using fossil fuel vehicles? What part of AOC's plan would you jetisson?

I hope we still get rid of airplanes and powered ships. Riding to Hawaii on 20 foot long seahorses seems like the schiff.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, not for you. You don't think there's a problem. And also you are so incredibly partisan you actually listen to and believe Trump. 

How has the world ever made any progress with people like you around? I guess with people like me being around. :) 

I think we should test this.. you go away and we'll see if progress stops. 

• Thank you (+1) 1