The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

On 6/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, row_33 said:

It’s worse under Obamacare?

single payer is the only way to go unless you can pay out of pocket for private care on top of it....

but you won’t listen.....

Single payer is crap.  Canada's health care is crap.

The biggest problem with Canadians is that they have lived in cages for so long, they don't know what freedom feels like.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

The biggest problem with Canadians is that they have lived in cages for so long, they don't know what freedom feels like.

i know a dozen US families who have lost children and parents to routine cancers that would have been taken care of no problem in Canada

in the US they couldn't afford the costs and died, simple as that

maybe they deserved it because they weren't rich, that would be an American sentiment, right?

Orton, you can't be that much of a mindless pig to make such comments, can you

You would be ten-time "free-er" in Canada and your life would be much more enjoyable....

you wouldn't have that 3 foot broom up your ass, for starters.....  :D

Edited by row_33

On 6/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, row_33 said:

It’s worse under Obamacare?

single payer is the only way to go unless you can pay out of pocket for private care on top of it....

but you won’t listen.....

I agree.  Single payer in that every single person should pay for themselves and their own insurance.  When that happens people will be more health conscious, more judicious in what they spend, the medical providers will have to find more cost effective solutions and we can actually have a health care marketplace which we don't have today. 

37 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i know a dozen US families who have lost children and parents to routine cancers that would have been taken care of no problem in Canada

in the US they couldn't afford the costs and died, simple as that

maybe they deserved it because they weren't rich, that would be an American sentiment, right?

Orton, you can't be that much of a mindless pig to make such comments, can you

You would be ten-time "free-er" in Canada and your life would be much more enjoyable....

you wouldn't have that 3 foot broom up your ass, for starters.....  :D

I know dozens of Canadians who opt to travel to the States to actually get care because it's almost inaccessible in Canada.

You will never hear me say that a child deserves to die.  Or that they deserve cancer.

The best way to control healthcare costs is to allow full competition by insurance companies nationwide; allow health insurance coverage to be purchased a la carte; mandate that all hospitals and other institutional healthcare providers be non-profit; and mandate that if you can't pay your bill, these guys get to hunt you down and repossess your organs:

2010_repo_men_001.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'll tell you one thing...I sure the hell hope it doesn't look like this:

image.jpeg.0dc1b5cee3b54eaa2d7d5ed50811f7c4.jpeg

Google AI can predict when you will die

Do you want to know when you will die? Google is training its new artificial intelligence computer to predict whether hospital patients will die 24-hours after admission.

The accuracy of the initial trials is at 95%

The technology Opens a New Window.  can also predict the number of days a patient will be in the hospital or the chances of being readmitted.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/google-ai-can-predict-when-you-will-die

Insurance companies will like this 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

New Trump Admin Rule Gives Small Businesses Easier Access to Heath Insurance

by Mary Chastain    June 19, 2018

“You may be able to buy a policy that’s several thousand dollars cheaper."

That monster! It takes a special kind of evil to allow people to band together to buy insurance plans that doesn't cover things they don't need covered.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Google AI can predict when you will die

Do you want to know when you will die? Google is training its new artificial intelligence computer to predict whether hospital patients will die 24-hours after admission.

The accuracy of the initial trials is at 95%

The technology Opens a New Window.  can also predict the number of days a patient will be in the hospital or the chances of being readmitted.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/google-ai-can-predict-when-you-will-die

Insurance companies will like this 

Sounds like a great addition to the death panels.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sounds like a great addition to the death panels.

Y'know, though...if I go in to the hospital, and an AI says I've got a 95% chance of being dead in 24 hours, I'm pretty much okay with being transferred to hospice.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Y'know, though...if I go in to the hospital, and an AI says I've got a 95% chance of being dead in 24 hours, I'm pretty much okay with being transferred to hospice.

I wonder if AI knows what kind of insurance you have? I'm willing to bet the Medicaid insured people have a lot more chance of being dead in 24 hours than the ones with Cadillac plans.

• Like (+1) 1

This state has the most fast food restaurants in the country

According to a recent study by Datafiniti, there are 6.3 restaurants per 10,000 residents in Alabama—making it the state with the most fast food restaurants in America per capita. Nebraska and West Virginia follow with 5.4 and 5.3 restaurants per capita, respectively.

A trend in the research also shows that southern and central states have far more fast food restaurants than the East or West coasts. 

Meanwhile, Vermont has the least fast food restaurants per capita. New Jersey and New York followed at 2.0 and 2.1 per capita. 

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/06/27/this-state-has-most-fast-food-restaurants-in-country.html

Family of baby treated at hospital with bottle of formula gets $18G bill: report

A bottle of formula and a nap cost $18,000, according to a family whose son was treated at a San Francisco hospital after a head injury.

Vox.com reported that a family from South Korea was visiting the city in 2016 when their infant son fell off a hotel bed and hit his head. The baby reportedly never lost consciousness, but was crying hysterically. So out of an abundance of caution, the family took the baby to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, the report said.

Doctors quickly determined that eight-month-old Park jeong-whan was fine. The family told the news site that the baby had some formula, took a little snooze and they got on with their vacation.

Two years later, the family said they were handed the bill: $18,836.

Hospitals defend the charge by essentially saying it costs money to keep a good response team on hand.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/29/family-baby-treated-at-hospital-with-bottle-formula-gets-18g-bill-report.html

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Family of baby treated at hospital with bottle of formula gets $18G bill: report

A bottle of formula and a nap cost $18,000, according to a family whose son was treated at a San Francisco hospital after a head injury.

Vox.com reported that a family from South Korea was visiting the city in 2016 when their infant son fell off a hotel bed and hit his head. The baby reportedly never lost consciousness, but was crying hysterically. So out of an abundance of caution, the family took the baby to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, the report said.

Doctors quickly determined that eight-month-old Park jeong-whan was fine. The family told the news site that the baby had some formula, took a little snooze and they got on with their vacation.

Two years later, the family said they were handed the bill: $18,836.

Hospitals defend the charge by essentially saying it costs money to keep a good response team on hand.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/29/family-baby-treated-at-hospital-with-bottle-formula-gets-18g-bill-report.html

Y'all know why that bill is so expensive right?

• 3 weeks later...

Woman Cries Over Ambulance Cost After Getting Leg Caught in Platform Gap

The victim reportedly begged people not to call an ambulance, despite her painful injury

The 45-year-old woman was taken to Boston Medical Center and is recovering. A police report said the severe laceration on the woman's leg left her bone exposed.

Maria Cramer

@GlobeMCramer
 Awful scene on the orange line. A woman’s leg got stuck in the gap between the train and the platform. It was twisted and bloody. Skin came off. She’s in agony and weeping. Just as upsetting she begged no one call an ambulance. “It’s $3000,” she wailed. “I can’t afford that.”

After Globe reporter Maria Cramer tweeted about the incident, the New York Times editorial board penned a story entitled "This Tweet Captures the State of Health Care in America Today."

MBTA officials told the Globe that the gap between the train and the platform was about five inches wide.

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Womans-Leg-Caught-Between-Orange-Line-Train-and-MBTA-Platform-at-Mass-Ave-Station-Boston-487178921.html