The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Because what the world needs now is an 80 year old crockpot in the White House. Oh and a First Lady under investigation

Yes, let's elect the hypocrite.

"I stand with the little guy who gets left behind! I mean, I don't actually stand with him because I own three houses and my wife is corrupt, but I WOULD stand with them if I didn't have to look down on those little peons."

Your BernieBots need to wake. He and Lizzie are playing you all for the lazy slugs you're so desperate to be. Free college! Free wifi! Free phones!

Dumbasses.

Well, it looks like the 2018 GOP will campaign on the exact same thing they did the last 7 years. Typical.

Except it will be (supposedly) passed in the next few weeks...................so they will not be running on repealing, but on who would draft the replacement, so hopefully every incumbent will be tossed.

If congress was included in Obamacare, it would be fixed by the weekend.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has already announced the GOP’s next move on health care reform, and it’s precisely the strategy they should have taken up in the first place.

This is a very good step in the right direction for the Senate..............if they actually do it.

It's highly unlikely to succeed, and it will put enormous pressure on the moderates, who are sure to have reservations. But as conservatives will remind them, most of them already voted for straight repeal in 2015 — and it will be hard to explain why they wouldn't do it again.

Republicans are getting caught with their pants down. Honestly I think the whole party expected Clinton to win and were looking forward to it. That's why Chaffetz left for Fox News. Instead of being able to clown it up on the news with his Hillary investigation, he has to investigate a sitting Republican president. There's no fun in that so off he goes to Fox. Meanwhile Republican legislators who for years fought Obamacare merely for political points, without the prospect of actually repealing the thing, now find themselves in a dog who caught the mail truck position. They never wanted to repeal it because they knew it would be political suicide.

If Democrats had any kind of singular message on health care right now they could be capitalizing on Trump bringing their opponents down. But they're as politically incompetent as the rest of 'em.

Edited by HappyDays

If Cuomo ends up running for president, I bet New Yorkers can shame him into getting single-payer done on the state level in NY

He can't run as a "progressive" if he denies his constituency socialized health care

The GOP screwed up, everyone gets blame from the hardliners to the moderates to leadership to the Con media hucksters to the unrealistic expectations of voters.

Even if somehow the GOP are able to cobble some sort of law that repeals parts or all of Obamacare, the argument that healthcare should be provided to all American's has already won in the conscience of most American's. It would only be temporary. The idea that a purely market driven system of healthcare is what should be in place is a dying idea. Pragmatism could potentially provide a better path that includes a more effective partnership between market driven forces and government, but the GOP and Conservatives are not able to come to a lasting solution.

Edited by Magox

The GOP screwed up, everyone gets blame from the hardliners to the moderates to leadership to the Con media hucksters to the unrealistic expectations of voters.

Even if somehow the GOP are able to cobble some sort of law that repeals parts or all of Obamacare, the argument that healthcare should be provided to all American's has already won in the conscience of most American's. It would only be temporary. The idea that a purely market driven system of healthcare is what should be in place is a dying idea. Pragmatism could potentially provide a better path that includes a more effective partnership between market driven forces and government, but the GOP and Conservatives are not able to come to a lasting solution.

The solution today, tomorrow, in 2 years, in 5 years outside of Single Payor will essentially be the Affordable Care Act. The GOP has been on a boat ride in Fantasy Land for the last 6 months, and the last 7 years for that matter. Tax credit schemes for individual insurance policies will not be less expensive, easier to understand or provide better outcomes. I'm looking forward to seeing this dog and pony show end and a move toward tax reform.

ROGER SIMON: Obamacare Survives Thanks to Republican Moral Narcissism.

Shades of P.J. O’Rourke’s famous line that “The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn’t work and then they get elected and prove it.” :D

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/270348/

ROGER SIMON: Obamacare Survives Thanks to Republican Moral Narcissism.

Shades of P.J. O’Rourke’s famous line that “The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn’t work and then they get elected and prove it.” :D

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/270348/

Exactly!!

The Hill on MSN.com · 3 hours ago

President Trump took to Twitter on Tuesday to call out Democrats and 'a few Republicans' for the collapse of the GOP’s health care bill.

Just hours after two more GOP senators yanked support for their party’s health care bill, effectively killing it, President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Tuesday to blame the failure on “all of the Democrats and a few Republicans,” but added, “We will return!”

Q - How many Democrats are working on writing the new bill?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

To govern is to choose, and quite a few Senate Republicans don’t really want to choose.

When you hear the “input from both parties” happy talk,

ask what conservative Health Care reform ideas that the Democrats will accept.

I think you know the answer.

Dems ACA “fix” ideas are more mandate enforcement, more subsidies for patients or insurance cos, or public option.

This is why it's impossible to work with Dems on a "fix." They want to double down/expand ACA. Not roll it back.

It's because the Republicans did the same, they "obstructed" with Obama's agenda and it paid off huge electoral dividends.

Dem's are doing the exact same thing but now are taking it to a whole new level, hoping to get similar results.

The way an ideal system should be run is where the politicians represent all their constituents not just their most ardent supporters. With the primary system we have in place, and the way information is now disseminated at warp speed, and voters primarily deciding to get news from sources that conform with their pre existing held views, it is no wonder we have the bankrupt governance that we have today.

So how is this "good 'ol corporate greed"?

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

This. I told my friends and family that should alzheimers befall me, I'm taking out a raft of credit cards, going to vegas, using them all on cocaine and hookers, and will take a leap off a building when the money runs out. No way i wanna be kept alive in a condition like my grandparents were. =/

Taking out a bunch of credit cards means you have a funny idea of "cutting costs."

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Are you trying to say you didn't post the following earlier in this thread or are you backtracking by claiming it was sarcasm?

jmc12290, on 16 Jul 2017 - 2:54 PM, said:snapback.png

That's why we didn't just find a definitive cure Hepatits C or anything.... that good 'ol corporate greed.