The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

RAND PAUL: Retaining instead of repealing Obamacare will be Republicans’ undoing.

If we are to subsidize health insurance, why not food? Or water? Or housing? You may respond, yes, but we already do that. You are right we have subsidized, for the poor, food and housing, but we didn’t, until now, attempt to subsidize a market item for all.

With this bill, Senate Republicans declare they have overcome Hayek’s protestations about the pretense of knowledge — the idea that no central planner can know enough to engineer an economy successfully.

With this bill, Senate Republicans declare they have the knowledge to determine and correct prices for millions of Americans who purchase health insurance. Pretense? You bet it is.

Markets are incredibly complex interactions between millions of people in a nearly simultaneous bazaar of trading. No one man or woman possesses that knowledge, so anyone who sets or attempts to set prices for health insurance is doomed to fail.

And mark my words, this Senate Healthcare bill will fail just as its twin Obamacare has, for they suffer from the same pretense of knowledge. No one is smart enough to plan even the simplest of marketplace prices — no matter how much data is available.

Entitlements are just as addicting for politicians of either party as they are for their beneficiaries — a fact Democrats have been counting on for generations.

Reminder: MICHAEL WALSH: The Coming GOP Electoral ‘Health Care’ Disaster..

RAND PAUL: Retaining instead of repealing Obamacare will be Republicans’ undoing.

If we are to subsidize health insurance, why not food? Or water? Or housing? You may respond, yes, but we already do that. You are right we have subsidized, for the poor, food and housing, but we didn’t, until now, attempt to subsidize a market item for all.

With this bill, Senate Republicans declare they have overcome Hayek’s protestations about the pretense of knowledge — the idea that no central planner can know enough to engineer an economy successfully.

With this bill, Senate Republicans declare they have the knowledge to determine and correct prices for millions of Americans who purchase health insurance. Pretense? You bet it is.

Markets are incredibly complex interactions between millions of people in a nearly simultaneous bazaar of trading. No one man or woman possesses that knowledge, so anyone who sets or attempts to set prices for health insurance is doomed to fail.

And mark my words, this Senate Healthcare bill will fail just as its twin Obamacare has, for they suffer from the same pretense of knowledge. No one is smart enough to plan even the simplest of marketplace prices — no matter how much data is available.

Entitlements are just as addicting for politicians of either party as they are for their beneficiaries — a fact Democrats have been counting on for generations.

Reminder: MICHAEL WALSH: The Coming GOP Electoral ‘Health Care’ Disaster..

Yes, because Rand's idea would be an electoral winner.

:doh:

Yes, because Rand's idea would be an electoral winner.

:doh:

Disappointing...................you usually put a little thought in your responses.

Try looking at it in the reverse.

If Obamacare is simply tweaked instead of overhauled....it will be a TREMENDOUS ELECTORAL LOSER

Disappointing...................you usually put a little thought in your responses.

If Obamacare is simply tweaked instead of overhauled....it will be a TREMENDOUS ELECTORAL LOSER

I've provided my reasoning behind this quite a few times, is it really necessary to repeat it over and over?

For the sake of argument I will.

Rand's idea for starters will be pilloried by the media twice as much as it already is being criticized. The idea of repealing first and then trying to get legislation that will gather enough votes for new legislation would be much worse in the eyes of the majority of the public. I know you and others don't like the idea that the government should be helping provide healthcare to the public, but the majority of the public do like that idea.

The reasons why the GOP's plan has such low approval ratings is because they think it's too "mean", Rand's idea by that definition would be not just "mean" through the eyes of the public but outright cruel.

Either way, this is a electoral loser no matter how it goes down for the GOP. The question is how much of an electoral loser will it be?

All these years, they talked like big tough guys, "Obamacare is a disaster, Repeal and replace" bla bla bla.

They passed these show votes never actually thinking through what could actually become law if given the opportunity.

The best thing they could have done was work with the Democrats right from the onset, and I've communicated at various points how that could have looked like.

Single Payer here we come.

Obamacare is a disaster, Repeal and replace" bla bla bla

8 years later "the disaster" still rules because one party wanted nothing to do with it then and now nothing can get done because some of them demand repealing it and won't accept any lesser version.

Who gets invited to all of theses "secret" Health Care meetings held to come up with a "new" plan similar to the old plan, but with a different name?

Had both parties worked together 8 to 9 years ago the thing might have worked out.

The Dems are doing very little. Is that by choice or circumstance?

If the Affordable Health Care Act is simply tweaked instead of overhauled I believe it will pass by a decent margin.

Getting nothing done after a decade, now with a Republican majority and a (heh hem) Republican pres will definitely hurt them in next voting cycle.

8 years later "the disaster" still rules because one party wanted nothing to do with it then and now nothing can get done because some of them demand repealing it and won't accept any lesser version.

Who gets invited to all of theses "secret" Health Care meetings held to come up with a "new" plan similar to the old plan, but with a different name?

Had both parties worked together 8 to 9 years ago the thing might have worked out.

No, the thing wouldn't have worked out. It was designed to be a metastatic cancer that couldn't be repealed, and that fundamentally altered the relations between patient, provider, and insurer by inserting the government in to all of those relationships. It was designed to be this !@#$ed up.

You think Obamacare is a disaster because the right wanted nothing to do with a law so bad that no one on the left even bothered to read it?

You really are batschitt gator-level stupid at this point.

Obamacare was shoved down the throat of the US by the Democrats against all objections.

That's it. Plain and simple.

But hey...you blame the right. It worked so well for you the past eight years. :lol:

The best thing they could have done was work with the Democrats right from the onset, and I've communicated at various points how that could have looked like.

Single Payer here we come.

I'm not sure single payer will happen, but who knows,

If Dems and Reps come together on something it would probably be a smaller tax cut along with expanded care for something, so it would get paid for with deficit spending. Politically, I think that's the only way it makes it through.

I can see why you think that.

Thinning the heard? You don't think it is messed up?

It gets vetoed by anyone who's not Bernie in the White House - Cuomo would veto it on the state level in NY

Bernie Sanders 2020

Because what the world needs now is an 80 year old crockpot in the White House. Oh and a First Lady under investigation