The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Firs

That's not the point. Putting more people on Medicare by simply redifining what " poor is" doesn't solve healthcare cost issues. Just puts more on the government tit.

As long as they get health care, I don't mind that it's a government program providing it

JUNK INSURANCE OR JUNK REPORTING?

obamacare.jpg?resize=110%2C85

In the guise of a news story, the New York Times presents a screed against what it calls “junk insurance.” The occasion for the screed is Senator Ted Cruz’s proposal that insurers be allowed to sell plans that that don’t meet Obamacare standards, if they also sell policies that meet these standards. The idea is to give consumers choices.

The Times’ Reed Abelson complains that under this proposal, insurance companies will sell “bare bones” policies, as they have done in the past. These policies may strike the Times as “junk insurance,” but for some consumers they are precisely the insurance they desire.

Years ago, I heard an “off-duty” insurance salesman say that people should only buy insurance to cover risks they cannot bear financially. In other words, buy auto and homeowners insurance, but don’t insure your television or computer.

In the health insurance context, this philosophy militates, for many, in favor of buying insurance that protects against health catastrophes, but doesn’t cover, say, routine visits to the doctor. In other words, insurance with a very high deductible.

I wrote here about my attempt to purchase such insurance for my wife to cover a hole in her French insurance policy. Pre-Obamacare, is was able to do so. Post-Obamcare, I’m not.

To President Obama and the New York Times the insurance we sought is “junk.” To us, it is the insurance we need to buy.

More at the Link:

But any such Soylent will have already passed it's Sell By date

Correct. I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, they generally look like they could give you a disease just by looking at you. Can you imagine eating them?

Never mind Joe. Because he almost got chopped to bits and eaten he seems to be wishing it on everyone.

Correct. I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, they generally look like they could give you a disease just by looking at you. Can you imagine eating them?

Never mind Joe. Because he almost got chopped to bits and eaten he seems to be wishing it on everyone.

:lol:

If we don't find a solution? How about people plan and prepare for major medical costs.

My take away is that drug companies could make mega $ if they discover a cure for so many millions worldwide.

My take away is that drug companies could make mega $ if they discover a cure for so many millions worldwide.

I actually think a cure for cancer would be a bad thing. We'll need something new to cull the herd if there is a cure. I'm thinking getting rid of the stupid people.