The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Yes! That's because of our reliance on private insurance companies. The costs of fighting over who gets what money means that you need lawyers and administrators to fight that war. Medicaid delivers cheaper care than the private insurance

No it doesn't. You don't know ****.

Don't you have a train to catch?

The real difference is that the US healthcare system is geared to provide legal and accounting services as much as it is healthcare. I doubt England's PHS employs seven administrators and accountants per doctor like the Veterans Administration does.

Should the U.S. copy England's system ?

Why are you asking me? Ask one of the dumbasses who thinks "We should be more like Europe!" is a coherent policy.

Because of your first post above

The real difference is that the US healthcare system is geared to provide legal and accounting services as much as it is healthcare. I doubt England's PHS employs seven administrators and accountants per doctor like the Veterans Administration does.

Should the U.S. copy England's system ?

Why are you asking me? Ask one of the dumbasses who thinks "We should be more like Europe!" is a coherent policy.

Because of your first post above

Well then you're rather !@#$ing stupid, aren't you? I hypothesized a critical difference between the US health care industry and the rest of the world, and used one country I'm familiar with as an example. And somehow, that means you think I should commit myself to advocating that one example I used to demonstrate my hypothesis?

Well then you're rather !@#$ing stupid, aren't you? I hypothesized a critical difference between the US health care industry and the rest of the world, and used one country I'm familiar with as an example. And somehow, that means you think I should commit myself to advocating that one example I used to demonstrate my hypothesis?

So much for a civil exchange

fMAmKOSk_bigger.jpegL.A. Times OpinionVerified account @latimesopinion
Follow
More

Los Angeles County has more people on Medicaid than 45 states do.

40 percent of LA county is on Medicaid.

Medicaid in the United States is a social health care program for families and individuals with limited resources.

That's why people voted for Trump, they are fed up with politics as normal.

Very few Presidents were able to get both sides of the aisle to work with him, except in times of war (real war) and other emergencies.

Boy aren't voters in for a rude awakening.

I guess the were fed up with transperancy and truth. Now they are getting a closed gov't and lies.

Ooops.

People who didn't vote for Trump would never stop complaining, even if you paid them a lot of $$$.

So they don't count.

It's the voters who silently showed up for him on Election Day, not telling the pollsters what they were going to do.

Exiled, it's just a clownish game no matter who is in charge, nothing good comes of it; if one wants to cheerlead for a Party it seems rather silly to me, unless they are paid 6 figures to do so.

People who didn't vote for Trump would never stop complaining, even if you paid them a lot of $$$.

So they don't count.

It's the voters who silently showed up for him on Election Day, not telling the pollsters what they were going to do.

Exiled, it's just a clownish game no matter who is in charge, nothing good comes of it; if one wants to cheerlead for a Party it seems rather silly to me, unless they are paid 6 figures to do so.

Well, one can hope some of the paid guns here aren't making 6 figures cheerleading for their party.

I got plenty wrong to say about both parties.

There's little good to say about any party any time, unless one is a stooge for either party.

Sitting around waiting for a stranger to turn your life around is a waste of your time and existence.

yet they persist...

fMAmKOSk_bigger.jpegL.A. Times OpinionVerified account @latimesopinion
Follow
More

Los Angeles County has more people on Medicaid than 45 states do.

40 percent of LA county is on Medicaid.

Medicaid in the United States is a social health care program for families and individuals with limited resources.

That tells me little as 42 states have a population less than Los Angeles County. What's more interesting to me is what states rely the most on federal government assistance by their population %. The best study I could find methodology wise was from Wallethub (using data from 2014 and 2015) which showed 8 of the top 10 states who rely on federal assistance were traditionally red states (Maine and New Mexico were the exception). Kentucky and Mississippi took the top two spots. California was 46th and New York was 34th. The methodology appears pretty sound, but no study is perfect.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#dependency-and-state-taxes

Edited by Doc Brown

Ten carriers. Not eighteen. Ten.

And don't give me that "'phibs with flight decks are technically carriers." They're not, even if they forgot to put a well deck on the new LHAs.

sailors-play-football-during-a-swim-call

i've seen a bunch of photos of the well decks being flooded for pool parties

Wow , thats a lot more support then I thought.

No it doesn't. You don't know ****.

Don't you have a train to catch?

And when you began thinking, what did you think?

stop replying to Tiberius you twats.

and doc brown it messed up the quote box to respond when telling those idiots to spot quoting gaytor

as their tax revenue decreases - supposedly as their population slows i will be curious how much more states like ny and california can continue to spend. if not for nyc ny would be broke for the systems they've created. nyc funds ny.

That tells me little as 42 states have a population less than Los Angeles County. What's more interesting to me is what states rely the most on federal government assistance by their population %. The best study I could find methodology wise was from Wallethub (using data from 2014 and 2015) which showed 8 of the top 10 states who rely on federal assistance were traditionally red states (Maine and New Mexico were the exception). Kentucky and Mississippi took the top two spots. California was 46th and New York was 34th. The methodology appears pretty sound, but no study is perfect.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#dependency-and-state-taxes