This winter

Ice bowl 67

I can't remember anything about that winter, and I was trying to today, because I read that the most amount of snow we ever had in 24 hours was on something like December 12-13, 1995

The one I remember in the 90s was 1999. We didn't get a massive storm, but a good amount every day for something like the first 3 weeks of January. We were walking around in tunnels and there was nowhere to put the new snow.

I was in Chicago and remember it well... It was brutal, but not as early as this year. Summer of July 1995 was the hottest I ever felt... I think it was 103 @ its hottest... Maybe have tied a Chicago record! ??

bbb, I think OP is in the Green Bay area... So weather further east (towards BFLO/Ohio) may have been different. It seems parts of the Great Lakes gets the mess on different years. Chicago's big ones were 1967 and 1978.

BFLO was 1968 & 1977. I was born February 1968 and my parents said it was mess @ the hospital. @ Sister's Hospital, my father got three parking tickets he "claims" he never seen... Supposedly the snow buried them. LoL

Actually, scratch that about BFLO... Of course more than just 1968/1977! LoL... I can think of a bunch of years before I moved away the early 1990's! LoL

1985 pops out as well as 1978 as well as the March ice storm, was that 1976?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yeah, 1985 was 2nd worse that I remember to 77. The Jimmy Griffin 6 pack blizzard.

And, 76 was the ice storm. That was fun for this 13 year old. No power our whole family stayed with our friends down the street who had a fireplace.

Okay... Here's the scoop... It is going to be almost 50 degrees in BFLO this weekend... Where is all the water going to go especially if things are jammed up w/ice?

Good thing is Mother Nature sorta takes care of us and realeases the frozen stuff throughout the winter... Could be worse, places like Fargo, ND... Then on top of it, their watershed drains north...

Good luck, this mini-thaw will realease just enough... Hopefully things won't jam/flood up!