New Gregg Allman biopic...

Buftex

Derek Trucks & Warren Haynes are leaving ABB...i don't like this news at all

http://www.jambase.c...Band-After-2014

Well that is crappy news and nothing against ABB but that just means more Gov't Mule! And you know they (ABB) never seemed to make it out this way anyway. I was lucky to catch them at The Fox in Oakland for their 40th anniversary tour when I first moved her and they have not been here since.

I became a recent fan of ABB because of warren haynes and to a lesser extent derek trucks. I'm a big fan of govt mule. Also tedeschi trucks.

Well that is crappy news and nothing against ABB but that just means more Gov't Mule! And you know they (ABB) never seemed to make it out this way anyway. I was lucky to catch them at The Fox in Oakland for their 40th anniversary tour when I first moved her and they have not been here since.

I became a recent fan of ABB because of warren haynes and to a lesser extent derek trucks. I'm a big fan of govt mule. Also tedeschi trucks.

I get that. Warren and Derek bring a lot to the band but as long and Gregg, Butch and Jaimoe are still there they will be worth listening too. As a matter of fact they are already auditioning for replacements. :lol:

1535728_342521765890825_491112250_a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I heard, the other day, that Gregg Allman is in poor health. The only info I'm finding is very vague. It's sad; this is the last year he will tour with the band. I really hope he's able to end his historic run on his own terms.

http://ultimateclass...postpones-tour/

He checked himself in. Not sure if it's substance abuse again. I can't believe he's still alive with a couple overdoses and a liver transplant. I heard however that his solo tour may start up again. A band member of his mentioned they have several dates in the NE in August. One of which I have ticket for (Artpark) when I'm back visiting.

The group's a mere shadow of its former self. Sad to say.

I disagree. It will never be what is was in the early few years with Duane, Dickey and Barry but it is far from a shadow of it's former self. With Warren, Derek, and Oteil they were pretty damn strong. Warren was the best thing to happen to that band since Duane passed.