Olympic Men's Hockey

Cripes, the press conference to announce the Canadian team started at 10:30, and it's 11:15 and they still haven't announced it. Just blah-blah speeches by people nobody cares about. And then they have to do it in French too. Talk about overkill.

Cripes, the press conference to announce the Canadian team started at 10:30, and it's 11:15 and they still haven't announced it. Just blah-blah speeches by people nobody cares about. And then they have to do it in French too. Talk about overkill.

Ya it was brutal.

Here it is in case you are interested...

Forwards (14): Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews

Defense (8): Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, P.K. Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Goalies (3): Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Thornton is a master play maker who would cut up that big ice nicely. He should be there over Nash and Carter. Maybe if Stamkos can't go Joe can. Also, Brent Seabrook should be there to play with Keith. imho . If the final were even a 3 game series I would say Canada for sure but in these tourneys anyone can win.

Edited by Dante

Thornton is a master play maker who would cut up that big ice nicely. He should be there over Nash and Carter. Maybe if Stamkos can't go Joe can. Also, Brent Seabrook should be there to play with Keith. imho . If the final were even a 3 game series I would say Canada for sure but in these tourneys anyone can win.

Speaking of big ice, lessening injuries, and getting away from a physical N. American game... Isn't it time the NHL make their rinks bigger!

Speaking of big ice, lessening injuries, and getting away from a physical N. American game... Isn't it time the NHL make their rinks bigger!

It would require renovating all the arenas at all levels so players were use to the new dimensions as they moved up through the ranks, and would reduce the seating capacity. There's no financial benefit. Plus most fans prefer the physical play.

Joe is right about renovating the rinks. I don't know how they recoup the high priced seating unless the arena gets a lot of work. Personally I would like a bigger surface. Not euro/Olympic big but maybe a couple feet wider and longer. Players are way bigger and faster now.

It would require renovating all the arenas at all levels so players were use to the new dimensions as they moved up through the ranks, and would reduce the seating capacity. There's no financial benefit. Plus most fans prefer the physical play.

But we are not getting physical play! You got Big Daddy Shanny running around suspending and fining players. Something has to be done that is productive...

It is like the Steven Wright bit about naming his dog:

"I got a dog and named him 'Stay'. Now, I go 'Come here, Stay!' After a while, the dog went insane and wouldn't move at ...

"Come Sit, come Sit!"

That is what NHL hockey is becoming!

I betcha the players love playing international. They can skate!

Anyway... Good team selection!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois