Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About The “Religion” Of Islam

No, and if Muslims have a problem with that they should leave the country.

I'm not too familiar with that. My family paid for our house in cash. There are interest free banks in that part of the world, though.

I think it may have been the Chicago Tribune other Chicago paper I caught it in, a while back. How banks are trying to solve the problem with homeownership among people of Islamic culture. Best way to explain it is a "rent to own" type set up.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No civil or tribal wars. Strong economies. They're not being invaded by another nation.

I would say "iron rule" also. There is chaos in many other Islamic nations and that and terrorism is being done in the name of Islam. How often do we see mobs of people over there rioting and holding ups signs call for infidals or cartoonists to be killed? Answer me this: If you were boarding a plane and you saw six Muslim men board too would that make you more nervous than 6 Rabbis or 6 Bhuddist Monks boarding?

I would say "iron rule" also. There is chaos in many other Islamic nations and that and terrorism is being done in the name of Islam. How often do we see mobs of people over there rioting and holding ups signs call for infidals or cartoonists to be killed? Answer me this: If you were boarding a plane and you saw six Muslim men board too would that make you more nervous than 6 Rabbis or 6 Bhuddist Monks boarding?

No. I wouldn't be nervous at either group.

You'd be wrong. The single biggest misunderstanding the West has about most of the Islamic world (especially the Arab, Persian, and North African regions - which, to be honest, is what most Americans mean when they say "Muslim") is that it's not a hierarchical society. It's strongly tribal, and authority is thus more diffuse. It's why Israel and the rest of the West can't figure out the Palestinian Authority, why Afghanistan is centennially a cluster-!@#$ to our eyes, why fatwas aren't the least bit binding, why Churchill makes broad and quaintly Victorian generalizations about Islam based on Sudanese tribes, why the Arab armies generally can't fight worth ****...

You'd be wrong. The single biggest misunderstanding the West has about most of the Islamic world (especially the Arab, Persian, and North African regions - which, to be honest, is what most Americans mean when they say "Muslim") is that it's not a hierarchical society. It's strongly tribal, and authority is thus more diffuse. It's why Israel and the rest of the West can't figure out the Palestinian Authority, why Afghanistan is centennially a cluster-!@#$ to our eyes, why fatwas aren't the least bit binding, why Churchill makes broad and quaintly Victorian generalizations about Islam based on Sudanese tribes, why the Arab armies generally can't fight worth ****...

Lol. So true. Can't fight worth a lick.

I've got a book on my bookshelf on the subject. Maybe 700 pages of text, with 400 pages of end notes, analyzing why Arab armies (and Libya and Egypy) can't fight.

The final conclusion of 700 pages of analysis is basically "!@#$ if we know...but God, they suck, don't they?"

I'm not sure what you are saying i'm wrong about. If it's the "iron rule" comment I was referring to Saudi Arabia and Jordan. The rest of your comments here I haven't been a part of.

I've got a book on my bookshelf on the subject. Maybe 700 pages of text, with 400 pages of end notes, analyzing why Arab armies (and Libya and Egypy) can't fight.

The final conclusion of 700 pages of analysis is basically "!@#$ if we know...but God, they suck, don't they?"

Technology got the best of them. They weren't half bad when they fought with swords on horses. Lol.

Technology got the best of them. They weren't half bad when they fought with swords on horses. Lol.

No, organization got the better of them. When they fought with swords on horses, they were fighting Western nights as grab-asstic as they were. The Islamic world never made the transition from tribalism to either authoritarianism that the Mongols did under Temujin, or to hierarchicalism that the West did after the Reformation.

I didn't read through this whole thread because the first couple pages showed me what I already knew...

The thread was started to show how Islam was a bogus religion, but as is typical, instead of debating the merits of the OP, most simply fell into the denigration of the OP.... Hmmmmmmmm.......

I guess this proves, if you have no intelligent conversation to add to the debate, attack the messenger.... Do your best to call him/her names, and hope the topic goes away, or at least the ones posting in favor, finally get tired of being called names...

Amazing new way for us to edify each other huh?? If we have nothing intelligent to add, call the other names??? Is this taught in debate forums now? I know it's "normal" in politics, but this thread disgusts me....

I won't debate Faith anymore on line because of this denigration, but if any one wants to discuss this face to face, let me know... I prefer it when people call me names, as a Christian, to my face.....

I didn't read through this whole thread because the first couple pages showed me what I already knew...

The thread was started to show how Islam was a bogus religion, but as is typical, instead of debating the merits of the OP, most simply fell into the denigration of the OP.... Hmmmmmmmm.......

I guess this proves, if you have no intelligent conversation to add to the debate, attack the messenger.... Do your best to call him/her names, and hope the topic goes away, or at least the ones posting in favor, finally get tired of being called names...

Amazing new way for us to edify each other huh?? If we have nothing intelligent to add, call the other names??? Is this taught in debate forums now? I know it's "normal" in politics, but this thread disgusts me....

I won't debate Faith anymore on line because of this denigration, but if any one wants to discuss this face to face, let me know... I prefer it when people call me names, as a Christian, to my face.....

Right...

And we call each other names even if we have something to add. You're not new here. Don't pretend to be.

Now go back in your !@#$ing hole.

yeah but your face makes strong men cringe, women vomit, and children cry which puts us all at a disadvantage

That would be Tasker and his new sidekick DC Tom. They never make a post without including &^#(# retard or $@&*% asswipe.

Is it because they are willing to die for Allah @ all cost, even first? Say running through a doorway like Leeroy Jenkins screaming: insha'Allah! I suppose that does not exactly get it done. :doh:

Like Tom said, everything I heard coming back (Afganhistan) is that authority is more diffuse.

". . .he (Muhammad) perverts almost all the testimonies of the Old and New Testaments (Holy Bible) by making them into fabrications of his own (the koran), as can be seen by anyone who examines his law. It was, therefore, a shrewd decision on his part to FORBID his followers to read the Old and New Testaments (Holy Bible), lest these books convict him of FALSITY. It is thus clear that those who place any faith in his (Muhammad) words believe FOOLISHLY."

~FATHER THOMAS AQUINAS~

". . .he (Muhammad) perverts almost all the testimonies of the Old and New Testaments (Holy Bible) by making them into fabrications of his own (the koran), as can be seen by anyone who examines his law. It was, therefore, a shrewd decision on his part to FORBID his followers to read the Old and New Testaments (Holy Bible), lest these books convict him of FALSITY. It is thus clear that those who place any faith in his (Muhammad) words believe FOOLISHLY."

~FATHER THOMAS AQUINAS~

The old testament stole freely from the mythology of the Sumerians and Egyptians who probably freely stole from previous people.

No, it wasn't. It was started to demonstrate the original poster's bigotry in a way that allowed no discussion, using a set of spurious and useless discussion points. It deserved nothing more than ridicule.

Meanwhile in the world of Islam:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/10/hero-teen-who-died-protecting-school-used-to-tell-friends-that-one-day-he-would-capture-a-suicide-bomber/

Pakistan’s prime minister announced Friday that a teenage boy who sacrificed his life to stop a suicide bomber who wanted to attack his school should be honoured with the nation’s highest civil award of bravery.

Aitzaz Hasan, 17, died Monday in a remote village in Hangu, a district in northwest Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. Pakistanis have praised the boy since his teacher told police that he saw Hasan chasing the bomber, who detonated his explosives, killing the teen