Offensive regression with more talent and no Chan

All im asking is for you to ask yourself afew questions...

1. Do you consider EJ (or Thad) to be better than FITZ?

2. Do you consider SJ, TJ-year 2, woods and goodwin to be better than SJ, TJ-rookie, don jones and dave nelson?

3. Do you believe that our offense kept us in the games we were in last year, while our defense kept us in the games we were in this year?

take a look at the stats...its kind of disturbing.

2. Do you consider SJ, TJ-year 2, woods and goodwin to be better than SJ, TJ-rookie, don jones and dave nelson?

3. Do you believe that our offense kept us in the games we were in last year, while our defense kept us in the games we were in this year?

Which stats did you want us to look at?

1. No. If we only look at 2012 Fitz, it's close, because Fitz dropped off a lot in 2012. But even then, 2013 Manuel was worse than 2012 Fitz. Lewis was arguably as good or a little better.

2. Given that Stevie missed a bunch of games this year, and wasn't healthier than last year when he *did* play, this is closer than you might think. Goodwin also missed a bunch of time. But overall, I'll give a slight edge to 2013 over 2012.

3. No, I don't. Our defense was maddeningly inconsistent all year, whether it be giving up 3rd down conversions, ill-timed penalties, or backbreaking late scores. Our offense last year was straight-up bad, but capable of occasionally putting up a decent score. Our 2011 offense was half-decent though, and that's mostly because Fitz played a lot better that year.

Offense took step back, in theory to take two steps forward in 2014. Fitz was at his ceiling, in theory, EJ's ceiling is much higher, same for Woods/Goodwin vs. Nelson/Jones. You need to also consider O-line, where Brown/Legursky is significantly worse than Levite as well as Spiller 2013 being worse than Spiller 2012. If you judge on 2013 vs. 2012, the offense is worse, no doubt. What you are betting on is that 2014 will be much better. My biggest concern is EJ. I don't think we saw enough to suggest he'll be a more consistent passer and better decision maker to elevate his game past Fitz. If he does, (BIG IF) and if Bills address LG (smaller if), the offense will be better in 2014 than 2012.

Thad reminds me a lot of Fitz -- smart, gunslinger mentality, careless with the ball, inconsistent with limited upside -- so, I'd say Thad and Fitz are comparable ---- EJ has potential to be better than Fitz by a long shot -- he wasn't this year, but could be ---

Thad reminds me of Favre.