BCS CHAMPIONSHIP

Bronc24

You do have to ask yourself, it seems to be generally tolerated in sports lore that Kobe Bryant and Ben "Rapelisberger" are rapists, and honestly, the handling of the Winston sounded pretty shady...is it okay to refer to him as a rapist once he officially starts cashing NFL paychecks? Or does his Tebow-esqe praise for the lord get him off the the hook?

I deleted my post cus it was immature. The Lord praise was over the top. I read the police reports and it sounded like a Duke lacrosse "lie to ruin a kids life" situation to me but i could be wrong. Angers me to label him on hearsay.

You make an interesting point about Kobe and Big Ben.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have to ask yourself, it seems to be generally tolerated in sports lore that Kobe Bryant and Ben "Rapelisberger" are rapists, and honestly, the handling of the Winston sounded pretty shady...is it okay to refer to him as a rapist once he officially starts cashing NFL paychecks? Or does his Tebow-esqe praise for the lord get him off the hook?

Confession heals the soul.

Just watch the NFL Network sometime..it is hour after hour, on repeat, of people unable to articulate their thoughts at the moment...and they get to rehearse! :lol:

True 'dat. I just got NFL network a couple years ago. I was so excited to watch it for highlights the first Sunday, and then spent an hour with my jaw dropped thinking "I can't possibly be watching something this bad". :lol:

I deleted my post cus it was immature. The Lord praise was over the top. I read the police reports and it sounded like a Duke lacrosse "lie to ruin a kids life" situation to me but i could be wrong. Angers me to label him on hearsay.

You make an interesting point about Kobe and Big Ben.

I guess it depends on what reports you read...but it sounds like he had some help from above, and not necessarily the divine kind... but, your point is taken. We don't really know, and likely never will...but for better or worse, that will always hang over him.

I didn't watch a ton of the pre-game hype for this game, but there was almost no (actually none that I saw) reference to Winstons tumultuous off the field life...and then I recall the way Manti Te'o was practically crucified, in all media, for something that was more embarrassing than it was potentially criminal...

Confession heals the soul.

True 'dat. I just got NFL network a couple years ago. I was so excited to watch it for highlights the first Sunday, and then spent an hour with my jaw dropped thinking "I can't possibly be watching something this bad". :lol:

Marshall Faulk, Michael Irving and LeDanian Tomlinson are all quite unintelligible most of the time...and they have them all on one show together...Deon Sanders, also on the same show, is the only one who can make a salient point... in the case of Irving and Tomlinson, in all seriousness, I wonder if they have had concussion issues...Irving is all over the place (I don't remember him being quite so bad during his ESPN years), and can rarely finish the point he is making...Deon always has to reel him in.

Again, what part of anything I said isn't true about his mechanics and progressions? Because I haven't been active on this forum much this year preaching these things makes them false?

And yes, as a pro prospect he looks just as raw as EJ did in certain aspects. I didn't feel entirely comfortable with EJ starting right away and don't feel like Winston could come out right now and be any better as a pro. Fortunately for Winston, he has another year, minimum, to further develop.

I was praising EJ?

For saying I wouldn't trust a raw pro prospect starting any more than another raw pro prospect?

Yep because Winston is obviously 10 times the QB as EJ based on his college accomplishments with the exact same team.

Hmmm...FIRECHAN....when did you ever call for someone's job? Sorry, my bad! :lol:

Honestly, the last 5 or 6 weeks of the Bills season, in my mind, you were the posterboy for why it was hard to enjoy coming here to talk Bills football..you are kind of a crusader...

I was banned for the last 5 weeks, so I doubt it. And my username is a tongue in cheek joke about knee-jerk "fire them all" mindsets.

I was banned for the last 5 weeks, so I doubt it. And my username is a tongue in cheek joke about knee-jerk "fire them all" mindsets.

Ok, sorry, got my time-frame confused. I guess it was the last 5 weeks or so that I found myself looking at fewer and fewer threads, because, no matter the topic, it seemed to turn pretty quickly into a ripping of EJ Manuel...am I wrong that you were not one of the more constant and un-relenting critics of our QB? Or was that toungue in cheek too? If so, I apologize for not getting it. It made TSW a miserable place to come...didn't always used to be that way during the season, no matter how bad the team was doing.

Edited by Buftex

But this knee jerk mindset you're making fun of doesn't include knee-jerk reactions to rookie QB play?

Thank God, it wont be long before there is a full scale playoffs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Really, I just want to see an 8 team playoff. For college football that's enough. There's usually such a talent divide between the teams in the upper echelon and teams ranked 12+ that there's no real reason to include 16 teams.

Really, I just want to see an 8 team playoff. For college football that's enough. There's usually such a talent divide between the teams in the upper echelon and teams ranked 12+ that there's no real reason to include 16 teams.

The 4 major bowls should be the play in games.

Ok, sorry, got my time-frame confused. I guess it was the last 5 weeks or so that I found myself looking at fewer and fewer threads, because, no matter the topic, it seemed to turn pretty quickly into a ripping of EJ Manuel...am I wrong that you were not one of the more constant and un-relenting critics of our QB? Or was that toungue in cheek too? If so, I apologize for not getting it. It made TSW a miserable place to come...didn't always used to be that way during the season, no matter how bad the team was doing.

I have not overly criticized Manuel TBH. i haven't advocated cutting or benching him, nor have I ever said anything about him definitively not being the answer. I only advocated to take Johnny Football this year as insurance, because if Manuel does end up sucking, I'd rather not waste 3 full years on him with no backup plan. That's why the Jags suck. And the Titans. And Chan's regime.

I agree some of the "EJ will never be our franchise QB" piling is a bit ridiculous and ruins a lot of threads. I've made a joke or two about bionic knees and such, but I don't go out of my way to cut the guy up.

But this knee jerk mindset you're making fun of doesn't include knee-jerk reactions to rookie QB play?

Knee-jerk to rookie QB play? In regards to prospects, I believe that in a hypothetical situation, Jameis would be a far better NFL prospect in the draft than EJ. Is that a knee-jerk? Or an opinion formulated on their college body of work?

Manuel might be good and Winston might suck in the NFL. I don't know what will happen. If both players were in the draft at the same time, Winston would definitely go higher. I don't think that can even be argued. I have never advocated benching, cutting or giving up on EJ. Ever. Saying he will never be a good QB is laughable. But saying Winston isn't a better prospect is too.

After watching so many unbelievably exciting college games, I find myself wondering why I don't dedicate more of my fan time to the sport of college football. Dang this is fun.

You should PolishDave. College football is just as exciting as the NFL.

And next year will be even better, because we are FINALLY going to have playoffs. Only 4 teams, but it's a start.

Marshall Faulk, Michael Irving and LeDanian Tomlinson are all quite unintelligible most of the time...and they have them all on one show together...Deon Sanders, also on the same show, is the only one who can make a salient point... in the case of Irving and Tomlinson, in all seriousness, I wonder if they have had concussion issues...Irving is all over the place (I don't remember him being quite so bad during his ESPN years), and can rarely finish the point he is making...Deon always has to reel him in.

I've had NFL Network for several years now, and it's amazing how terrible their highlight shows are. I really liked when Steve Mariucci was on their panel. But they are nowhere nearly as good as NFL Primetime was. God, I miss that show. :cry:

I find NFL Network to be at it's best when the season is over.

I have not overly criticized Manuel TBH. i haven't advocated cutting or benching him, nor have I ever said anything about him definitively not being the answer. I only advocated to take Johnny Football this year as insurance, because if Manuel does end up sucking, I'd rather not waste 3 full years on him with no backup plan. That's why the Jags suck. And the Titans. And Chan's regime.

I agree some of the "EJ will never be our franchise QB" piling is a bit ridiculous and ruins a lot of threads. I've made a joke or two about bionic knees and such, but I don't go out of my way to cut the guy up.

Knee-jerk to rookie QB play? In regards to prospects, I believe that in a hypothetical situation, Jameis would be a far better NFL prospect in the draft than EJ. Is that a knee-jerk? Or an opinion formulated on their college body of work?

Manuel might be good and Winston might suck in the NFL. I don't know what will happen. If both players were in the draft at the same time, Winston would definitely go higher. I don't think that can even be argued. I have never advocated benching, cutting or giving up on EJ. Ever. Saying he will never be a good QB is laughable. But saying Winston isn't a better prospect is too.

This. If Winston was eligible this year, at just turned 20 years old, he would be the #1 overall pick. EJ was the 16th pick, as a Senior. So Winston is already a better prospect after one year of college ball than EJ was after 4. He is a better prospect than any other QB last year, this year, and next year. This is not a referendum on EJ. It is praise of Winston. While he isn't Andrew Luck, he is the best prospect since Luck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.