An alternative to the Bills in Toronto series

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can regionalize the team without giving away home field advantage. If russ Brandon was such a marketing genius(he's not), then he could figure out a better way to bring people to the games. maybe he should... I don't know..... try to put a better product on the field, then maybe sell some luxury boxes to toronto based businesses, or HEY! I know! Sell the stadium naming rights like every other frickin franchise, which generates more money than what they're being paid to give away home games.

the reality of this abomination was to test toronto's viability of supporting the NFL so that when Ralph passes it would be easier to move the team there. that's the bottom line.

I have also posted that very thing... I contested that they folpped the next week because of that stupid game.

Yes yes and yes.

Is it your contention that if they beat Atlanta they don't stink up that place against Tampa Bay? If it is I agree.

Precisely.

Since you choose to make the sweeping general statement that we can't win there, I presume you mean that Stevie fumbled because we played north of the border. I choose to not buy into that logic, because it's clear to me that that fumble was pivotal to the outcome of that game. Any other analysis is driven by emotion rather than logic.

The good doctor has this one pretty well under wraps.

That's not it at all, actually. And why would it be since that made up point makes no sense?

Consider this... In the Atlanta game, the Bills quickly jump out to a 14-0 lead with a couple of big Defensive stops. Now, if that game is at the Ralph, then that stadium is ROCKIN and the crowd noise makes it next to impossible for Atlanta to get a drive going. But what happens in Toronto? Atlanta gets the ball back to a silent crowd which allows them to put a couple of drives together, and it's 17-17 at half.

Sure, the Bills D needed to make a stop, but maybe we get a jump from an OL who can't hear the count and it kills a drive.

There are plenty of ways that homefield advantage can come into play. Especially in a game that was so close it went to overtime.

Why allow the NFL into BULLYING Bills fans into tripling the cost of a game (with travel, etc)?

Toronto fans have already said the tickets are too expensive for them to go, and they live right there!

It was a bad idea and a failure of a marketing ploy. Time to cut the losses (pun intended), and bring the games home.

The entire thing was the largest insult to Bills fans in Buffalo that the team could have come up with. The Bills should be ashamed of the way they've treated the home crowd. (And keep in mind, I believe NFL fans in general have a horrible entitlement attitude, but this was ridiculous)

Thank you kindly, good sir.

Easily 2 games! Players hate going there!

Exactly. Our own players don't like going there. What else do you need to know?

Prove that our defense wouldn't let Matt Ryan back into the game with a 14-0 lead in the Ralph. Prove that we would get a 14-0 lead in the Ralph. Prove that CJ Spiller would run for 76 yards second play of the game in the Ralph.

When will any of you be accountable? You're accountable for the Toronto series existing if you don't buy season tickets. You're accountable if you don't sell out games. The players are accountable for letting a horrific team off the mat.

This is a lame excuse thread in sheep's clothing.

Edited by FireChan

Prove that our defense wouldn't let Matt Ryan back into the game with a 14-0 lead in the Ralph. Prove that we would get a 14-0 lead in the Ralph. Prove that CJ Spiller would run for 76 yards second play of the game in the Ralph.

When will any of you be accountable? You're accountable for the Toronto series existing if you don't buy season tickets. You're accountable if you don't sell out games. The players are accountable for letting a horrific team off the mat.

I disagree with the first part, but I agree with the second.

The Bills suck so I won't buy tickets. The Bills can't sell tickets so they move a game to TO. The Bills lose in Toronto because it isn't really a home game. Woosh :doh:

Edited by sodbuster

Ah yes, when message board fans are now "accountable."

From one to another, this is rich.

Ah yes, when message board fans are now "accountable."

From one to another, this is rich.

Aren't you the same poster who touts his own brilliance when you have a correct prediction, specifically on SJ? Isn't that accountability at work?

It's my and several other posters' contentions that if you don't buy tickets to every home game, you are not allowed to complain about the Toronto series'. Because it's your fault.

Edited by FireChan

Aren't you the same poster who touts his own brilliance when you have a correct prediction, specifically on SJ? Isn't that accountability at work?

It's my and several other posters' contentions that if you don't buy tickets to every home game, you are not allowed to complain about the Toronto series'. Because it's your fault.

Well, it's a shame that through all those ridiculous threads the SJ disciples still can't grasp the point. There was little to no just thumping involved, but quite frankly, yes I am that poster, and yes I was right, and still am. The fervor with which so many disputed this claim was the sole purpose for dredging it back up. But fine, make it about me.

I admit I haven't read all the threads and posts about this series but I had an epiphany while getting pizza for lunch just now. How about instead of bringing the Bills to Toronto to try to make new Bills fans, they find a way to bring Toronto to the Bills? They did this before with Cleveland while the Browns were "away" - arranged transportation etc. for "Cleveland Day". So they put together packages to get rich Canadian people down to Buffalo. The environment at RWS is SO much better, and the Bills obviously play better there too. It's a no-lose scenario! They'd actually be showing people what they're trying to sell them.

Dude....where do you get your pizza from....that is some damn righteous brain food....

Good idea man......I think you are onto something......Write a letter to the Buffalo News.....cc Russ Brandon..

Joke all you like, but regionalization is essential if there's going to even BE a Buffalo Bills under the next owner.

Since you choose to make the sweeping general statement that we can't win there, I presume you mean that Stevie fumbled because we played north of the border. I choose to not buy into that logic, because it's clear to me that that fumble was pivotal to the outcome of that game. Any other analysis is driven by emotion rather than logic.

There is no logic to believing that a series of games that is reviled by everyone not named Rogers or Wilson (i.e. players, press, fans) and has been a PR disaster given losses and the half filled tiny stadium has magically "regionalized" and, counertintuitvely, in and of themselves, INCREASED the number Canadians coming to games in Buffalo.

There is such a thing as bad publicity, and I would venture that putting on these in every way sad sad displays has caused fewer Canadians to come to Buffalo.

Sorry, Russ, I just don't believe in your claims that a series hated by all has resulted in more Ontarians coming to the Ralph.

Well, it's a shame that through all those ridiculous threads the SJ disciples still can't grasp the point. There was little to no just thumping involved, but quite frankly, yes I am that poster, and yes I was right, and still am. The fervor with which so many disputed this claim was the sole purpose for dredging it back up. But fine, make it about me.

And I didn't dispute that claim. But you held yourself and the people who argued against you accountable for what they said and stood behind. And so am I.

Not disagreeing with your comments, just noting a certain irony that Houston wouldn't sell out the dome in the Glanville/Pardee era unless Pittsburgh or the Pokes were in town w/out Randall's buying the last few hundred / several thousand seats and that was in the midst of a 6-7 year playoff run.

Please don't mistake my physical location with my being a Houstonian in any sense, especially a Houston fan. I was born and raised a WNYer, and I'm a current Bills season ticket and club seat holder.

The challenges of being a long range financial supporter of the Bills are many, and they are what make me so ardently opposed to the whiny and entitled-sounding Bills fans that often populate this forum.

Bills houston nut's arguments:

Stevie johnson does drop ball in rws x1000

Strawman

Comeback game 20 years ago x1000

I am a sth so everyone who disagrees with me is whiny and entitled.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by May Day 10

Please don't mistake my physical location with my being a Houstonian in any sense, especially a Houston fan. I was born and raised a WNYer, and I'm a current Bills season ticket and club seat holder.

The challenges of being a long range financial supporter of the Bills are many, and they are what make me so ardently opposed to the whiny and entitled-sounding Bills fans that often populate this forum.

:thumbsup: to the bolded.

To the rest: fair enough.

Bills houston nut's arguments:

Stevie johnson does drop ball in rws x1000

Strawman

Comeback game 20 years ago x1000

I am a sth so everyone who disagrees with me is whiny and entitled.

Did I miss anything?

Did you have an argument besides "Russ is cheap?"

Sure, but I'll take a loss at the Ralph over a loss in that horrible Toronto environment. Neither are great, but at least the FO is putting them team in the best spot to have a chance.

all I'm saying is they also are trying to put the team in the best position to stay in buffalo.

I think we all agree that it sucks playing in Toronto. But I don't think many people are willing to admit why they need to. The Bills under new ownership may, or may not want to keep the team in buffalo. All I see is Russ Brandon trying to make it more attractive to stay to new ownership. Me personally will have to choose a new team if they move. I don't want to.

As for the players not liking it: if the team goes away, their not out of the job. Why should they care about the viability of the team. They can just play elsewhere. The fans of the team on the other hand should care.

But lets vilify all efforts to keep the team in buffalo.

Edited by JaxBills

I think we all agree that it sucks playing in Toronto. But I don't think many people are willing to admit why. The Bills under new ownership may, or may not want to keep the team in buffalo. All I see is Russ Brandon trying to make it more attractive to stay to new ownership. Me personally will have to choose a new team if they move. I don't want to.

As for the players not liking it: if the team goes away, their not out of the job. Why should they care about the viability of the team. They can just play elsewhere. The fans of the team on the other hand should care.

With a defense that actually brings it we finally have real home field advantage. Why give up 12.5% of that annually?

Did you read any of my posts in the thread?

Yep, you spun a completely implausible narrative that Buffalo Bulls officials are actively scheming to move the Bills to Toronto for some cash grab.

Do you also believe in conspiracies? Are you prone to using terminology such as "the man" or "shadow government?"

I think we all agree that it sucks playing in Toronto. But I don't think many people are willing to admit why they need to. The Bills under new ownership may, or may not want to keep the team in buffalo. All I see is Russ Brandon trying to make it more attractive to stay to new ownership. Me personally will have to choose a new team if they move. I don't want to.

I guess it comes down to what you feel is the motivation for this is for both sides and if you feel it is necessary. I feel it just maxes out the earnings for Mr wilson by a few million (which is his right). As a secondary result, They were probably hoping in the beginning it would result in toronto somehow adopting the bills but it's pretty obvious that won't happen.

Rogers imo is readying to buy the team and move them to toronto. So much points to that and I cannot come up with any other motivation. they weren't thrilled by the price tag as by all accounts the new deal is less.

Then you have wilson. Made double that of a conventional home game. Now a bit less. Are we to believe that a billionaire really cares about that relatively small revenue stream that they can make while they sleep? At the expense of bad press and alienating your fans and even some players?

But those who really feel this is about Regionalization and the toronto market is there to be had to root and support the buffalo bills, my points mean nothing.

Yep, you spun a completely implausible narrative that Buffalo Bulls officials are actively scheming to move the Bills to Toronto for some cash grab.

Do you also believe in conspiracies? Are you prone to using terminology such as "the man" or "shadow government?"

I don't feel the bills are actively orchestrating a move. They are in it for the cash payout. However, I feel like they aren't actively doing much, if anything to solidify the team's long term future in buffalo.

Large interests in toronto however seem to be lining everything up to swoop in and take the franchise when they come up for sale.

Edit: sorry for any strange phrases: autocorrect

Edited by May Day 10