Need advice (gulp) A gift idea for someone with everything

boyst

Since she is so deeply rooted with family, another photo idea would be a coffee table book with the photos from the various vacations and locations she has gone with the kids/grandchildren. Collect as many as possible and Shutterfly will let you arrange them in various ways across the pages. You can get creative and add captions and themes and you can produce it in a hard cover book. You could also make a companion calendar with favorite shots, using birthdays and wedding anniversaries as the subject for the different months. These can be created on line and delivered within a week or so.

tickets! to a concert, show, game whatever. if she frequents boone, check out the shows coming to asheville soon. we just gave friends two weekend passes to next years bristol rhythm and roots (about an hour from boone). they were thrilled. i think they're $45 bucks now but go up every month. also, there a nice tapas restuarant in banner elk that you could get a gift certificate for. name starts with a Z but can't remember the rest.

Asheville is on the overrated cities list, 5th most:

http://www.escapehere.com/destination/10-most-overrated-cities-in-the-us/

You might get her pissed! :nana:

The best presents for someone like that are little things that are significant to her. For example, if she's into boating a little decorative model sailboat would be nice. Or if she's into dogs, a dog figurine. Just like your charger cord was nice because you knew she was thinking of you, the little trinket will mean more to her because she'll know you were thinking about her.

http://www.escapeher...ties-in-the-us/

wow, the cities he lists probably represent 10% of the country's population. i guess he thinks the entire country is overrated. and then there's the prevelance of hip, chic cities on the list. i'm guessing akron would be on his best city list. sounds like the guy has an axe to grind. nerd perhaps?

nevertheless, there are frequently good music acts in asheville, almost always in an intimate venue. tickets to a truly special show can be memorable. we once received a gift of theater tickets to the phantom in one of those overrated cities. we both remember it fondly and well and who gave it to us.

something tells me the guy that wrote that article is a member of this board, i'd like to see his other overrated lists, i would bet charlize theoron would be on one about hot women. what a douche

http://www.escapeher...ties-in-the-us/

The best presents for someone like that are little things that are significant to her. For example, if she's into boating a little decorative model sailboat would be nice. Or if she's into dogs, a dog figurine. Just like your charger cord was nice because you knew she was thinking of you, the little trinket will mean more to her because she'll know you were thinking about her.

^^^^^^

I agree with this. Stay away from pictures. Pictures are good, but i bet she has received that one already. This woman has gone out of her way to show you that she thinks of you as family, and you need to give her the same treatment. I like your idea of antiques, or antique jewelry. Something that she treasured from her past, that she cant find. An old first edition book. An Antique brooch, or necklace. A nice painting. look around, ask around with other family members, what was she in to. what does she miss the most?

show her that you appreciate what she has given you, by giving the same courtesy of thoughtfulness. take your time, and get it right

Most people enjoy creating a fine meal visit your local culinary school and see if there be a course applicable to her interests nothing more wonder for instance in learning to make the fine breads of the world nothing more magic coming out of oven

don't need to find a school, i bet there is a sur la table at a local mall and they always do cool cooking classes, i've done them before and they are a lot of fun

Most people enjoy creating a fine meal visit your local culinary school and see if there be a course applicable to her interests nothing more wonder for instance in learning to make the fine breads of the world nothing more magic coming out of oven