Buffalo Bills Network?

Tom

The Bills now have a newspaper (Bills Digest), could they expand their network past just preseason games (on the NFL channel) to a real station? I'm probably searching for straws here but the Yankees have the YES network & the Mets are starting one as well. Why not the Bills? If not maybe they could at least get daily coverage on the NFL Network?

Empires demise is killing me, someone should step up! <_<

Nice idea, but it doesn't seem very financially possible. We would all love it, but the Bills don't have a fan base nearly as large as those other teams you mentioned. I wouldn't be shocked if somewhere down the road some sort of regional syndicated thing came along (like "Bills Weekly" or something clever like that) but an out and out Bills network doesn't seem plausible. For now, it seems, if you don't live in WNY, you will have to relie on ESPN for your Bills coverage. A sad day indeed!....

I can't get the NFL Network where I live, but it seems like they would be on to something, at least during the season, if they had a daily 15 or 30 minute show for each team.

The Bills now have a newspaper (Bills Digest), could they expand their network past just preseason games (on the NFL channel) to a real station?  I'm probably searching for straws here but the Yankees have the YES network & the Mets are starting one as well. Why not the Bills?  If not maybe they could at least get daily coverage on the NFL Network?

Empires demise is killing me, someone should step up! <_<

211920[/snapback]

Buffalo does not have the media market or fanbase necessary to do what the Yankees/Mets are doing. It would be tough to financially support that kind of channel.

Buffalo does not have the media market or fanbase necessary to do what the Yankees/Mets are doing. It would be tough to financially support that kind of channel.

212073[/snapback]

The Cowpukes and Chesapeake Drainage Basin Indiginous Persons are starting their own networks. They've got a larger population/fanbase, sure. But they're not as loyal. Nowhere near as loyal.

The Cowpukes and Chesapeake Drainage Basin Indiginous Persons are starting their own networks. They've got a larger population/fanbase, sure. But they're not as loyal. Nowhere near as loyal.

212083[/snapback]

A smaller, loyal fanbase in a small media market is not going to pay the bills of a 24/7 network.

A smaller, loyal fanbase in a small media market is not going to pay the bills of a 24/7 network.

212085[/snapback]

I realize this more than you know. Advertisers want to see that the program could possibly be watched by 8 million people at any given time. Whew, that alone is gonna sell your products.... Advertising/marketing people always left me with the impression that they should be digging ditches somewhere.

I don't think it would survive as a 24/7 network like Empire. No, absolutely not. (Doubt the 'Boys or 'Skins channels will either). And it can't be over-reaching. If the NFL Network produced, what, a 1- or 2-hour segment/day for local providers in a team's area, that would probably work.

I realize this more than you know. Advertisers want to see that the program could possibly be watched by 8 million people at any given time. Whew, that alone is gonna sell your products.... Advertising/marketing people always left me with the impression that they should be digging ditches somewhere.

I don't think it would survive as a 24/7 network like Empire. No, absolutely not. (Doubt the 'Boys or 'Skins channels will either). And it can't be over-reaching. If the NFL Network produced, what, a 1- or 2-hour segment/day for local providers in a team's area, that would probably work.

212112[/snapback]

I would not have a problem with NFL Network dedicating 1-2 hours per week for each team. It would be hosted by local personalities and focus on the latest news for the week, or to discuss upcoming items like FA and the draft. It would draw in ALL fans who are looking for specific information on their specific team, without delving into details of other teams.

Unless you are in Training Camp and the pre-season, there is not enough information for a 1-2 hour daily show. A weekly show would be good.

Now working for the Bills (Bills digest) former gr and empire guy The Respected Chris Brown, (game day stadium announcer) former empire TV sabers announcer and currently Buffalo Bandits radio announcer, John Gurtler.

They have a good base to start a Bills Network. The problem will be $$$$$$$$$$$$

The Bills have NOT built a LONG promised Football museum ??????$$$$$$

So unless it's somebody elses money (step up MarkVI), I don't see it happening.

Over here only 2 (maybe three) Premier League football clubs have TV Network channels dedicated to them: Manchester United (MUTV) and Chelsea (Chelsea TV). I believe Newcastle United, Arsenal have plans for a network channel - but they do not exist yet. In Scotland, Rangers and Celtic both offer a channel - but it is special subscription TV...

Also - in all of these cases (apart from MUTV I think) the programming is not 24/7. Rather they show stuf from 1800-0100 everyday, match highlights on a Monday (after a Saturday game) and classic games wthroughout the year. Smaller clubs do not have the fan base to support such an idea - and a lot of the revenue from the existing channels comes from abroad, especially South East Asia where they drink up English soccer.

NFL cities tend to struggle outside their own area marketing-wise, and individual teams tend not to have a significant individual following globally (apart from Dallas, Washington, and NY Giants) so would struggle to find sufficient income to fund a TV channel.

Denny Lynch is working on that as we speak. They need donations of items, however.

Denny <_<:huh::D

Donations???? The Bills are worth how much??? New York and Erie County give the Bills how much $$$$$$ per year. There was very little snow removal cost the last 2 games, perhaps with the $$$$ saved....

Denny Lynch is working on that as we speak. They need donations of items, however.

Denny <_<  :huh:  :D

Donations???? The Bills are worth how much??? New York and Erie County give the Bills how much $$$$$$ per year. There was very little snow removal cost the last 2 games, perhaps with the $$$$ saved....

212167[/snapback]

I am not saying donations of money. I am talking about items to display. Most of the items of interest are in private collections. Hell, the HOF in Canton works on donations as well, not paying for their items.

I am not saying donations of money. I am talking about items to display. Most of the items of interest are in private collections. Hell, the HOF in Canton works on donations as well, not paying for their items.

I think Denny has been working on the museum for 5-6 years now........

I think he had a budget of $30,000.....

I think he said when the museum is done, he is out of a job.....

I think........

I think........

212200[/snapback]

He needs to make sure that he'll be the curator of the museum then.

I think........

212200[/snapback]

That could be possible. I know that he has been working on it for a while, and has been displaying items in the Field House before games. The goal was to create a museum and have it in the Field House permenantly. This way, people can visit it any time throughout the year.

As far as being out of a job, I know that he was Director of Archives, but I think that his title has changed to something related to the Bills Backers Clubs.

He has been using "anniversary" years to order to justify resources for writing the history of older teams (back to 1920) since the Bills are really not interested in stuff prior to 1960. They had some interest in the 1946-9 teams, but that is not their focus. I sent him complete histories of the 1919, 1924 and 1926 teams, and the complete history of the 1918 Buffalo Semi-Professional Football league. Denny does not have as much interest in pre-1920 stuff, but I do. Eventually I will finish my complete History of the Rochester Jeffersons. I just have to complete my Masters degree first.

Denny had me bring the Western New York Professional Football Researchers Association back to life, and we were working on a detailed history of the 1946-9 teams, along with other projects. I had to give it up when I started workingon my Masters. I turned it over to Joe Marren, and I do not know the status of the organization. Most archival stuff for the museum will probably be done through this organization.