Females in the USMC

boyst

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/02/marines-female-fitness-pullups/4294313/

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pullups, the minimum standard that was supposed to take effect with the new year, prompting the Marine Corps to delay the requirement, part of the process of equalizing physical standards to integrate women into combat jobs.

It just makes me sick. Women want to be treated equally, and they should be - but they are not equal. Women are not as physically strong as men (in almost all cases) and women in combat could be very dangerous for them.

Wait. The first physical test for Marines was in 1908 and then in the '50's they added chinups, pullups, etc... Were they NOT able to do the job as a Marine before those periods?

You know, it was the 50's, and times they were a changing. The pre 50's was a different era, and they probably changed them then because they were racially discriminating.

i kid, i kid.

Wait. The first physical test for Marines was in 1908 and then in the '50's they added chinups, pullups, etc... Were they NOT able to do the job as a Marine before those periods?

Different job. Before World War II, being a Marine mostly meant drinking and killing Nicaraguans for Big Fruit.

Why is the upper body strength test for marines pullups and for the other forces pushups?

Because Marines have to pull themselves over obstacles during an assault. The Army has to push themselves off the ground after ducking.