Packers Sell Out: Avoid Blackout

I get the news from the Milwaukee area. It appears that Packers sold out for their playoff game vs. the Niners. 1,000 tickets were available up until recently. One would think that that game would have been sold out well before the deadline! Maybe right after they Aaron Rodgers b.slapped the Bears w/his pass. And it is Friday.

The news sources are assuring people that they can watch it on TV in the Milwaukee, Wasau, Green Bay area! What gives? I thought only the Bills catch this problem? AND GB is a playoff team!

Of course it is the brutal cold... Might be one of the coldest games on record?

Short timeframe as well not knowing if there was going to be a game or not.

Pretty impressive in that short of a time and with the weather forecast what it is.

Disagree on the short timeframe bc the Eagles sold out in about 30 mins and they were the last team to get in

The only place that would surprise me with a blackout is Green Bay though so I think this has more to do with the bitter weather

I actually think GB is the scariest low seed in the playoffs and could go to Seattle and win. I'm not saying they are the best team in the NFC but with Rodgers are better then a 6th seed

Edited by Max997

on a positive note the bathroom line will be real short at that game! I think i would just pee my pants for warmth!

LoL...

A catheter (external, worn like a condom) have the tube go down the leg! LoL... Saves all the hassel of getting unzipped!

Get the StadiumPal & Gal:

http://www.biorelief.com/stadiumpal-stadiumgal

Oh my!

Short timeframe as well not knowing if there was going to be a game or not.

Pretty impressive in that short of a time and with the weather forecast what it is.

Still should have sold out Monday/Tuesday for such a "great" Packers fan base! Geeze, can't scratch up 70+k in a few days for a playoff trip!

Disagree on the short timeframe bc the Eagles sold out in about 30 mins and they were the last team to get in

The only place that would surprise me with a blackout is Green Bay though so I think this has more to do with the bitter weather

I actually think GB is the scariest low seed in the playoffs and could go to Seattle and win. I'm not saying they are the best team in the NFC but with Rodgers are better then a 6th seed

Totally agree w/your post. Number reason I started the topic. Spot on!

Totally agree w/your post. Number reason I started the topic. Spot on!

Being so close to the huge Chicago market, there are so many Packer fans in exile! If say roles were that the Bills were the Packers and Buffalo was so close to to a market like Chicago, say Toronto... And Toronto had their own team (Bears, which they just beat) I would surely snap a ticket living near Chicago and make the trip up.

I find this embarassing for the Packers. Lot of fans are sporting Packer gear in the Chicago area. This is a whole different beast than say a Bills-Dolphins/Pats* rivalry... There is no "buffer zone" with the markets here!

its tough to know what we are comparing city to city as i believe teams handle playoff tickets differently. For instance, philly fans may have thought they had a good shot to get in when invoices went out to season ticket holders and sold a wide majority of their playoff tickets in november. from what we are hearing out of GB is that between their record, the rodgers injury, and a new policy for that fan base on what happens with the money if they didnt get in, a crazy low percentage of season ticket holders paid up. couple that with the forecast being out once the single game tickets went on sale this week and it makes a bit of sense that GB took some extra time to fill in the last of the seats. heck, how marked up the different teams went compared to their regular season costs may even be a factor as its not set by the nfl i believe. just comparing time doesnt give the whole story.

Edited by NoSaint

"Gov. Scott Walker is considering ordering all state schools to be closed Monday because of a forecast of dangerously cold weather, his spokesman said Friday."

Back in my day... We walked to school in the cold and 3 feet of snow! Uphill... BOTH WAYS!

if i recall from the forecast mondays temps likewise keep trending downwards and last i saw was air temp at a HIGH of -10, or -12 or right in that ballpark

"Gov. Scott Walker is considering ordering all state schools to be closed Monday because of a forecast of dangerously cold weather, his spokesman said Friday."

Back in my day... We walked to school in the cold and 3 feet of snow! Uphill... BOTH WAYS!

Schools in Minn are already closed on Monday with a forecast calling for a high of -15, a low -30, and wind chills of -50.

Some context about the lack of a sellout:

The Packers weren't guaranteed to make the playoffs, and they changed refund policies this year so that ticket purchases would be rolled over into next season instead of refunded in cash. So fans who didn't want to take that risk would only have been able to buy tickets starting on Monday.