AP article on young people leaving Upstate/Western NY

http://news.yahoo.com/upstate-ny-struggles-more-leave-move-084237601.html

'In recent years, Florida has been the No. 1 destination for people aged 45 and up leaving upstate New York. The top destination for people aged 20 to 44 is New York City and the surrounding downstate region, according to researchers at Cornell who looked at census data from 2006 through 2010.'

From what I'm reading, the young'ns moving to NYC are going to love DeBlasio.

Oh there were hordes of young, white-collar idiots who voted for him because he's "progressive". You know, gay marriage and all. Never mind that they are the enemy who DeBlasio will train his sights on as soon as his policy makers inform him that he can't fix the city by only taxing the '1%'.

Gotta love the nutbag who compared NYC to a plantation during the inauguration.

Gotta love the nutbag who compared NYC to a plantation during the inauguration.

I really love the quote from the new comptroller during the inauguration:

"And just as America has historically looked to New York for inspiration, so the country once again turns its eyes toward us today, to this city, to our people, for a blueprint of a thriving hopeful future, to a city that puts people above politics, and shared prosperity above individual success."

NYC is gonna be AWESOME when it shows the rest of the country how shared prosperity must exist without individual success!!! :lol: :lol:

But that would be "gentrification," and against the values of rich young progressives.

it's only gentrification if someone else does it. when progressives do it, it's quaintly referred to as 'immersing oneself in the local diversity'.

it's only gentrification if someone else does it. when progressives do it, it's quaintly referred to as 'immersing oneself in the local diversity'.

That explains so much about my brother and sister-in-law.

"We hate gentrification."

"But you bought a house in Elmwood Village?"

"That's different - shut up!"

Hehehe....My brother literally moved to Florida 2 weeks ago.

Something has to really change for me to last here another 6 months.

Not sure where I would go, but, I'm getting that "time to move on" feeling a lot more than I usually do. I love going to games, but, I hate being one of the very few around here that cleary sees that Emporer Byron Brown walks around in his underwear every day. And, knowing that most likely he didn't even pay for the underwear, he got it donated to one of his "non-profits", doesn't make me feel like being very "tolerant" of the unmitigated moron point of view.

Example: Yet again I heard the "The first thing we need to do in Buffalo is enact a living wage law, that will help business because they will be able to recruit people better, and everyone will have more $ to spend in the city" idiocy....:wallbash: This seems to be the latest "wisdom" from Elmwood Village, that ends up in Allentown, that some clown ends up parroting to me.

It's like living in, the living embodiment of, Reagan's "It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so many things that aren't so".

Not sure where I would go, but, I'm getting that "time to move on" feeling a lot more than I usually do. I love going to games, but, I hate being one of the very few around here that cleary sees that Emporer Byron Brown walks around in his underwear every day. And, knowing that most likely he didn't even pay for the underwear, he got it donated to one of his "non-profits", doesn't make me feel like being very "tolerant" of the unmitigated moron point of view.

Easy there, don't make fun of Mayor Urkel like that!

It's the very essence of Buffalo sports reporting.

.. and the Bills new head coach is installing accountability as his main tenet to build a winning environment in the lockerroom.