How About....

Bradford is only 29 years old..probably still has plenty to offer if in the right system. He kind of fell off the radar in Houston with the emergence of Andre Johnson and Jabbar Gaffney..

In 2002 he started all 16 games had 45 Receptions for 697 Yards and 6 Td's averaging 15.5 ypc..now that's good enough for me as a slot reciever..Im sure he can get to that level again.

Kelly Holcomb given what he had to work with and the off and on starting games opposite tim couch and the talent he had..I think he's done pretty well over there..and if bledsoe refuses to take a pay cut, I wouldnt mind having him here..

In 2002

64-106 for 790 Yards 8 Touchdowns

In 2003

193-302 for 1797 yards 10 Touchdowns

in 2004

59-87 for 737 Yards 7 Touchdowns

12 starts

they aren't peyton manning type numbers but they're sufficient enough to run an offense based on the running game such as ours. and nothing that isn't improved with coaching, and I believe we have that coaching..

thoughts??

sarcasm on? or are you serious?

211882[/snapback]

Yes, that was supposed to be sarcasm. I'm still frustrated over his career. I had predicted that he'd break all of Andre Reed's receiving records when he got drafted... <_<:huh::D

EDIT: As for your player suggestions, I wouldn't complain seeing Bradford come to Buffalo. Although, IMO, I'd prefer another speed WR like Joey Galloway to spread the field more and to provide insurance in case Evans goes down to injury. Without Evans, this offense is back to square one. Now Holcomb, yeah if Drew gets cut, why not?

Yes, that was supposed to be sarcasm. I'm still frustrated over his career. I had predicted that he'd break all of Andre Reed's receiving records when he got drafted... :D  :D  :D

211885[/snapback]

believe me, your not the only one man..I thought he'd be something special..he's still young maybe he'll bounce back SOMEWHERE..just don't think its gonna be here.. <_<:huh:

believe me, your not the only one man..I thought he'd be something special..he's still young maybe he'll bounce back SOMEWHERE..just don't think its gonna be here.. <_<  :huh:

211886[/snapback]

Watch him go to NE and become a HOF'er!

All of those NE WR's are widely considered by the league to be too small and too slow (except Bethel Johnson). Reed would fit in perfectly there...

How 'bout they work with what they've got instead of signing every FA vet that's out there. OL seems to be the only place I'd want to bring someone in if JJ goes.

Odds are that a #1 receiver isn't going to play in the slot. Or that a #2 QB who had a part in bumping out a young starter is going to make the Bills situation better.

Much as we'd like, they can't sign 53 Pro Bowlers.

It's gonna be another long offseason of 'Hey, why don't we sign Brady, Manning AND Culpepper for QB. That way, we're all set!'

How 'bout they work with what they've got instead of signing every FA vet that's out there. OL seems to be the only place I'd want to bring someone in if JJ goes.

Odds are that a #1 receiver isn't going to play in the slot. Or that a #2 QB who had a part in bumping out a young starter is going to make the Bills situation better.

Much as we'd like, they can't sign 53 Pro Bowlers.

It's gonna be another long offseason of 'Hey, why don't we sign Brady, Manning AND Culpepper for QB. That way, we're all set!'

211897[/snapback]

"Working with what we've got" isn't likely to make Josh Reed, Ross Tucker, Mark Campbell, etc...Pro Bowlers. The elite AFC teams routinely bring in cheap vet FA's like STB51 suggested in his thread. These cheap vet FA's help get them over the hump.

Furthermore, STB51 wasn't suggesting we bring in Brady and/or Manning and/or Culpepper.

Try again.

"Working with what we've got" isn't likely to make Josh Reed, Ross Tucker, Mark Campbell, etc...Pro Bowlers. The elite AFC teams routinely bring in cheap vet FA's like STB51 suggested in his thread. These cheap vet FA's help get them over the hump.

Furthermore, STB51 wasn't suggesting we bring in Brady and/or Manning and/or Culpepper.

Try again.

211908[/snapback]

I give Reed one more year. The TEs are much maligned and they're better than many people here think; plus, you're not going to get anything better in the draft or that will ultimately be available in FA. Bradford won't be a cheap vet. McKenzie was a cheap vet who wasn't even allowed to play. Those FAs need to be targeted for specific need areas and not to be plugged ahead in the roster just b/c the current occupant is younger, or older for that matter.

That wasn't the suggestion by this poster and I didn't say it was, bro.