Buccaneers Hire Lovie Smith as Their Next Head Coach

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez-- what a risky move. Tedford has no pro experience. I also never understood his rep as a QB guru too. Other than Aaron Rodgers, he hasn't really had any QB successes.

That is, no track record in producing NFL QBs. I think when you look at college coaches, you have to look at the talent that they are able to recruit at their university and judge how well they developed those players. Cal isn't going to be able to recruit the QB prospects that USC, Fla State, U of Miami etc are going to be able to get (IMHO).

Good move by Tampa. I think Lovie is a quality coach.

Same here, and is a winner. Was fired after a 10-6 season and took the Bears to the Super Bowl with some serious scrubs at QB.

What makes me sad is this man is one of the few winning HC's on this earth that actually wanted to be the Buffalo Bills head coach.

I mentioned upthread how Aaron Rodgers' mechanics improved greatly AFTER working with Tedford.

However in fairness to Tedford, he's credited with developing Billy Volek, Trent Dilfer and David Carr at Fresno, Akili Smith, Jay Feeley and Joey Harrington at Oregon, and Aaron Rodgers and Kyle Boller at Cal.

My main reservation about Tedford would be that he has zero NFL experience.

Of course I didn't like that about Chip Kelly and Kelly did a brilliant job this year.

Bucs did the right thing, you know Lovie is gonna love working with Revis Island.

Very solid decision by the Bucs.

Revis doesn't really fit Lovie's scheme though, as he is a man to man cover corner and Lovie runs zone. Anyone know how hard a transition like that could be for a corner like Revis?