Buccaneers Hire Lovie Smith as Their Next Head Coach

@JayGlazer

The Bucs are hiring Lovie Smith to be their new head coach, two sides are finalizing the contract tonight.

@mortreport

As expected, Bucs reach deal w Jeff Tedford as OC. Source: Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard is leading candidate as next Bucs GM

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big surprise Tony Dungy loves the hire and is now excited about watching the Bucs next year

Lovie will help get the Bucs competitive again but not much more then that

Edited by Max997

Big surprise Tony Dungy loves the hire and is now excited about watching the Bucs next year

Lovie will help get the Bucs competitive again but not much more then that

He took Rex Grossman to the SB & got fired after going 10-6. He's a damn good coach but I guess he doesn't yell so he's not really that good.

I think the Bears blew it by letting him go. He'll do well in Tampa with the right OC.

Smith got screwed by the Bears. Granted the offense he had was ugly, but they were a good team and he got them to a Super Bowl.

Contrast that to a coach like Marvin Lewis. Who in 11 years as head coach with the Bengals has an overall record of 90-85-1, and a playoff record of 0-4. How is this guy still head coach there?

Edited by Mark Vader

Smith got screwed by the Bears. Granted the offense he had was ugly, but they were a good team and he got them to a Super Bowl.

Contrast that to a coach like Marvin Lewis. Who in 11 years as head coach with the Bengals has an overall record of 90-85-1, and a playoff record of 0-4. How is this guy still head coach there?

Because the Bengals were maybe the worst franchise before Lewis got there. Both him & smith are really good coaches.

That was a quick hire.

I guess this means the Buccs will have a solid defense but poor offense as per Lovie's usual coaching accommodations?

PFT reported that he's got a handshake agreement to hire Cal's Jeff Tedford as his OC

Geez-- what a risky move. Tedford has no pro experience. I also never understood his rep as a QB guru too. Other than Aaron Rodgers, he hasn't really had any QB successes.

And in fact Rodgers has talked about how Mike McCarthy extensively revamped his mechanics to make him a better thrower.