ILB Jordan Zumwalt

Watching the Sunbowl and have noticed ILB Jordan Zumwalt 6'4" 235 UCLA

cracking skull and quite literally on VA Tech QB Logan Thomas who he knocked out cold on the field and hasn't returned. Also like the way he drives guys back when he hits them instead of the drag and pull down technique that passes for tackling on these days.

Did some checking around the web and he doesn't seem ranked too high because he isn't "athletic enough" but definitely has instincts and toughness to play inside. He could be one of the core special teamers Marrone is looking for and could contribute on running situations.

Aslo like Shane Skov a lot, Chris Borland and Max Bullough for ILB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114141&draftyear=2014&genpos=ILB

Watch some tape on Andrew Jackson WKU. He's a true thumper on the inside at the second level, and weighs about 260. He's projected to go in rounds 3 or 4. His downside is that he doesn't profile as a 3 down linebacker in the pro game, but he may well be the cure for what ails us in run defense.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Watch some tape on Andrew Jackson WKU. He's a true thumper on the inside at the second level, and weighs about 260. He's projected to go in rounds 3 or 4. His downside is that he doesn't profile as a 3 down linebacker in the pro game, but he may well be the cure for what ails us in run defense.

We don't need a 3 down LB, like you say, we need a thumper. We've got 2 who can rush the passer and Alonso can cover.

That's what I like about Max Bullough but we can get him latter.

I'm a UCLA guy so I've seen every game he's played in his career. Zumwalt is steady as they come and should be a decent run stuffer in the NFL. I think his stock will rise and he's a solid 3rd or 4th round selection. As others have said, not super athletic, but a gamer who gets the most out of his ability. And yes, he does lay the wood.

He was sent home from the Rose Bowl. I was wondering whether the reason ever came out.

That sucks

Found this which is not much;

The reason for Max Bullough's suspension has not been revealed, and Riley Bullough said he could not talk about it.

"Really, we're trying to move past it, Max is trying to move past it, my family is trying to move past it,'' Riley Bullough said. "I think we have pretty well. We're positive and looked forward to the game.''

Riley Bullough said his older brother Max has also turned a corner and is starting to get past it, too.

"It was tough at first, but Max is the kind of guy who can bounce back better than anyone,'' Riley Bullough said. "He's always been like that. He's positive now, he's trying to move on. He's definitely going to be rooting for us.''

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_states_riley_bullough_5.html

Sign me up! He's looks like a "football player" to me!

I've been talking about him for two years now. The Bills need "football players"!

Also found this about "Zumwalt"

"The Zumwalt-class destroyers are a class of United States Navy destroyers designed as multi-mission ships with a focus on land attack. The class is a scaled-back project that emerged after funding cuts to the larger DD-21 vessel program. The program was previously known as the "DD(X)". The class is multi-role and designed for surface warfare, anti-aircraft, and naval fire support. They take the place of battleships in filling the former congressional mandate for naval fire support"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumwalt-class_destroyer

The destroyer would be an awesome nick name :thumbsup:

Sign me up! He's looks like a "football player" to me!

I've been talking about him for two years now. The Bills need "football players"!

Hey, we only want athletes with "potential" around here, get it right ;)

Did some searching and found a ton of Articles on him being suspended indefinitely, also not a fan of small school players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274119/article/western-kentuckys-andrew-jackson-suspended-indefinitely

Also found this about "Zumwalt"

"The Zumwalt-class destroyers are a class of United States Navy destroyers designed as multi-mission ships with a focus on land attack. The class is a scaled-back project that emerged after funding cuts to the larger DD-21 vessel program. The program was previously known as the "DD(X)". The class is multi-role and designed for surface warfare, anti-aircraft, and naval fire support. They take the place of battleships in filling the former congressional mandate for naval fire support"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumwalt-class_destroyer

The destroyer would be an awesome nick name :thumbsup:

Hey, we only want athletes with "potential" around here, get it right ;)

Did some searching and found a ton of Articles on him being suspended indefinitely, also not a fan of small school players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274119/article/western-kentuckys-andrew-jackson-suspended-indefinitely

Did you watch tape, as I recommended?

Then why offer an opinion?

All you've done is offer blanket criticism of small school players, which is foolish given the talent harvested from those schools.

I didn't give an opinion of his play, dude take a chill pill, it really doesn't matter, I'm sure we will get someone.

Sure there is some players from small schools but for the most part they aren't good and when they get the league they are average or fail; Moats, Batten anyone.

What is this "tape" you guys are watching? How does one go about getting "tape" on a player? I mean, I know that there are YouTube videos on players but that is hardly watching tape on someone. A highlight reel or a condensed game are not tape at all. Where are you guys getting your game films from?

What is this "tape" you guys are watching? How does one go about getting "tape" on a player? I mean, I know that there are YouTube videos on players but that is hardly watching tape on someone. A highlight reel or a condensed game are not tape at all. Where are you guys getting your game films from?

ask San Jose Bills fan

Really?