[OT] Tax programs for free!

Nervous Guy

I use TaxAct... they direct deposit my check 8 days after i file... for free.

I don't itemize, so that could be different for most of you, but check it out..

Now, if the new HR director could get her head out of her ass and get my W2 to me, I could file and get a couple grand...

Yea, I don't qualify for free filing. So I used TaxAct Online. For just $16 I got both my Federal and State submitted electronically.

211822[/snapback]

yeah, luckily i dont pay state income tax, but taxact is still the way to go, if for anythign else the speed they direct desposit.

yeah, luckily i dont pay state income tax, but taxact is still the way to go, if for anythign else the speed they direct desposit.

211823[/snapback]

You can get the refund that fast using any software as long as you file electronically and don't make obvious errors.

btw, your HR girl has till Jan 31.

My wife works for H&R Block and does our taxes for free. <_<

That said, I have to recommend against using Turbo Tax. Intuit is screwing customers left and right -- first they put major spyware and product activation in Turbo Tax a couple of years ago. Now they're discontinuing network access for Quicken 2002. Imagine being told that you can't use Office 2000 anymore, and that you have to buy Office XP. Ridiculous. Don't support Intuit.

I've heard very good things about TaxAct. People might also want to check if they get free access to do their taxes online. I know that a few years ago, I could do my taxes online with Turbo Tax (before I hated Intuit...) because I had my 401(k) plan through Fidelity. Login to Fidelity, and there was a button to do them online for free. Something to think aboiut.

CW