Worst thing that could happen this offseason??

Oberyn

Who's got something worse that could happen than losing Pettine??

(1) Brady discovers HGH injections and figures out how to add 10 more years to his NFL career

(2) bills fire Marrone and bring in shannahan

(3) Ralph passes and the bills are sold/moved to LA

(4) Marrone canned and Hackett is promoted to HC

(5) kiko pulls an Aaron Hernandez on the bills probowlers and then is caught

(6) Freddie retires

(7) bills up to two games in Toronto

(8) EJ works out with Trent Edwards in the offseason.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine proved his worth away from Rex so kudos to him but it's still all about the QB.

The worst thing would be to not bring another legit franchise prospect in to compete with Manuel and Thad.

Anyone who thinks that EJ needs all the snaps he can get to be any good apparently missed what Nick Foles did despite limited snaps.

Competition is very good.

Yes sir. 120 QB rating in his 2nd [first and a half year really.] 3rd round pick. On a team that went 4-12 and is now in the playoffs. But we need to give EJ a decade to see what he is.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

The worst thing would be to not bring another legit franchise prospect in to compete with Manuel and Thad.

Anyone who thinks that EJ needs all the snaps he can get to be any good apparently missed what Nick Foles did despite limited snaps.

Agreed, but I do not believe our first round pick needs to be spent on a QB. The second worst thing would be allowing Byrd to leave with no compensation in return, followed by failing to draft a quality TE and OL.

The game yesterday is a great example. The Bills allowed about 375 yards to one of the top offenses in the NFL (ranked 7th in yrds/gm according to NFL.com) while forcing 3 fumbles and a muffed punt. Bills get even one of those balls on the ground, we allow even less yards to said top ranking offense and the score would have been quite a bit closer. But here on this forum no one cares that we held Brady to only 122 passing yards and all we are focusing on is Blount rumbling for 189.

*sigh* We didn't "hold" Brady. Brady passed for 122 yards because the Patriots came into the game with the plan they had during our 1st meeting:

"We think your run D blows wet dishwads. We will run the ball on you until you force us to stop."

60 game minutes later, the Bills hadn't forced the Pats to stop, and the Pats were still running.

267 yds on the ground is not holding anyone to anything.

Pettine proved his worth away from Rex so kudos to him but it's still all about the QB.

I'll see this post and raise you letting Byrd walk, and drafting a defensive back in round 1.

(1) Brady discovers HGH injections and figures out how to add 10 more years to his NFL career

(2) bills fire Marrone and bring in shannahan

(3) Ralph passes and the bills are sold/moved to LA

(4) Marrone canned and Hackett is promoted to HC

(5) kiko pulls an Aaron Hernandez on the bills probowlers and then is caught

(6) Freddie retires

(7) bills up to two games in Toronto

(8) EJ works out with Trent Edwards in the offseason.

:worthy::lol:

BmoreBills - Come on now, the Bills traded UP to get Graham. Nix knew what he was doing. Graham will be better than Megatron, Julio Jones, and Dez Bryant when it's all said and done.. You aren't calling old hillbilly Buddy a dummy by questioning his drafting expertise are you?

Serious question: how does more snaps improve his mechanics?

PS: How do you propose to solve the cycle of knee injuries that lead directly to fewer snaps issue?

To your first question, I believe the old marvdage that perfect practice makes perfect.

I also believe that EJ has the work ethic and talent to improve his mechanics.

Contrary to the silly dogma going around on this board, there have been NFL QBs who've improved their mechanics and accuracy after they got to the NFL. Throwing coaches like the Tom House, George Whitfield, and the late Tom Martinez have dramatically improved the mechanics of NFL QBs.

Why would a young, gifted, and hard working QB like EJ not be able to improve his mechanics?

I certainly don't feel that fewer snaps will improve his mechanics.

As far as your second question, I will hope that his injury-free 4 seasons at Florida State are a more reliable indicator than his rookie season in Buffalo.

While I hope, I'll believe that EJ is continuing to do the exercises he mentioned today that will strengthen his PCLs, both of which he injured this year.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

To your first question, I believe the old marvdage that perfect practice makes perfect.

I also believe that EJ has the work ethic and talent to improve his mechanics.

Contrary to the silly dogma going around on this board, there have been NFL QBs who've improved their mechanics and accuracy after they got to the NFL. Throwing coaches like the Tom House, George Whitfield, and the late Tom Martinez have dramatically improved the mechanics of NFL QBs.

Why would a young, gifted, and hard working QB like EJ not be able to improve his mechanics?

I certainly don't feel that fewer snaps will improve his mechanics.

As far as your second question, I will hope that his injury-free 4 seasons at Florida State are a more reliable indicator than his rookie season in Buffalo.

While I hope, I'll believe that EJ is continuing to do the exercises he mentioned today that will strengthen his PCLs, both of which he injured this year.

Typically, coaches call practice "reps" and what you do in games "snaps", so your terminology threw me. You unfortunately seemed to be saying that the only thing he lacks in playing time in games. Obviously, game situations are the fastest moving and the absolute hardest, least controlled teaching situations. If you had said he needs to work on his mechanics over the off-season and get coaching to improve that area of his game instead of saying that all he needs is more snaps, your point would've been a lot clearer.

Typically, coaches call practice "reps" and what you do in games "snaps", so your terminology threw me. You unfortunately seemed to be saying that the only thing he lacks in playing time in games. Obviously, game situations are the fastest moving and the absolute hardest, least controlled teaching situations. If you had said he needs to work on his mechanics over the off-season and get coaching to improve that area of his game instead of saying that all he needs is more snaps, your point would've been a lot clearer.

I think you're making a fairly meaningless distinction.

EJ needs both snaps and reps.

A player with more live game experience will feel more relaxed and acclimated to his surroundings. It's fairly common for young QBs to find that after they have a few games under their belt that the game will slow down for them.

Are you saying that more snaps will not be beneficial to EJ?

I'm having a hard time understanding your position.

He needs to practice his mechanics more and he needs to play more in games.

Both of those things will help him to improve.

Not resigning Byrd, not addressing the LG/RT positions, not getting an "open when he's not open" WR, not firing Crossman

We draft a cornerback with the 9th pick.

These. We havent had an "open when not open" WR since Moulds.

Losing Spiller for a 3d wouldnt bother me. A 2nd would be a steal.