Worst thing that could happen this offseason??

Oberyn

You're exactly wrong: The one thing EJ needs to improve is more snaps.

Serious question: how does more snaps improve his mechanics?

FWIW, I do see how having his WRs on the same page of the play book wouldn't exactly hurt him.

PS: How do you propose to solve the cycle of knee injuries that lead directly to fewer snaps issue?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I touched on this in another thread, but they are already in an awkward situation. Manuel didn't show enough in my opinion to make me confident of his impending predestined raging success. Far from it. So, while the Bills aren't exactly in the same situation as last year (they couldn't have gone into this season with Fitzpatrick the only NFL QB on the roster again), the QB position is once again unsettled. Manuel, Lewis, and Tuel are a collection of inexperience and projections.

Obviously, another boom-or-megabust Aaron Maybinesque pick could be out there... That would be awful.

Will that also help his mechanics? You could be onto something... too bad that without a regenerative mutation the injections will kill the subject. But, Russ did promise to bring every resource to bear... :lol:

Well played sir.

Serious question: how does more snaps improve his mechanics?

FWIW, I do see how having his WRs on the same page of the play book wouldn't exactly hurt him.

PS: How do you propose to solve the cycle of knee injuries that lead directly to fewer snaps issue?

More snaps is the only thing that will improve his mechanics. He's gonna be taking hundreds of them, of every variety, before the first OTA next spring.

GO BILLS!!!

Pettine proved his worth away from Rex so kudos to him but it's still all about the QB.

The worst thing would be to not bring another legit franchise prospect in to compete with Manuel and Thad.

Anyone who thinks that EJ needs all the snaps he can get to be any good apparently missed what Nick Foles did despite limited snaps.

Competition is very good.

Now that Marrone has nominated EJ as starter next year, look for Thad to sign elsewhere. thad wants to be a starter, and if anybody offers him the opportunity to compete for that, he will go there. Marrone put his foot in his mouth if they wanted to keep Thad, a free agent now. (and, thad thanks the Bills for 5 NFL starts to move his career along!)

Now that Marrone has nominated EJ as starter next year, look for Thad to sign elsewhere. thad wants to be a starter, and if anybody offers him the opportunity to compete for that, he will go there. Marrone put his foot in his mouth if they wanted to keep Thad, a free agent now. (and, thad thanks the Bills for 5 NFL starts to move his career along!)

The only way Lewis plays for someone else next year is if he gets cut. He's got another year on his deal with the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow you're way off on this.

Foles was essentially a 4-year starter in college and threw over 500 more passes in college than did EJ.

Then as a rookie Foles threw more balls in his rookie season than did EJ in his rookie season.

You're exactly wrong: The one thing EJ needs to improve is more snaps.

BTW, I posted several times last year that I thought Nick Foles was gonna become a good QB.

My prediction was not exactly widely accepted.

However anyone who actually objectively watches rookie QBs (not you) could see Foles had the head for the game and simply needed more experience. It was obvious, at least to me.

That's your opinion and I respect your take on Foles because I liked Foles too.

If you want to think that EJ is just a few uncontested snaps from being like Foles, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Neither of us has any proof either way........but I do know that competition and adversity via coaching change did not prevent Foles from taking the next step.

I also am pretty sure that Marrone is a dead man walking next year if Manuel fails and there is no franchise fallback.........and I think despite his physical talent it is very unlikely EJ even gets his physical game together, let alone the mental and visual aspects that are usually the question with top prospects.

EJ has a lot of talent........I still think drafting him was only the wrong thing to do if you weren't willing to go back to the QB well early again next year.......but I think he is probably a 3-4 year project if he doesn't get disassembled by NFL DC's in the process.

Would you have said the same thing if asked before the patriots game?

Actually, yeah. It was talked about in here over the last few weeks. I know that ST coach is not the most important role on the team but he is the worst at his job. I think that as bad as he has been it would send a terrible message if "Mr. Accountability" kept his "Accountabilibuddy" for another season.

Actually, yeah. It was talked about in here over the last few weeks. I know that ST coach is not the most important role on the team but he is the worst at his job. I think that as bad as he has been it would send a terrible message if "Mr. Accountability" kept his "Accountabilibuddy" for another season.

In my view, just about everyone here has had an issue with Crossman all year, starting with the hire itself.

But, I think the Patriots' loss just blew the issue up and potentially out of proportion.

I would be willing to bet that if we flipped the schedule and ended the season on a nice win--like our win against Miami-- no one would be really banging the drum to get Crossman fired. It might be mentioned here and there, but not like the crusade everyone has been on.

More snaps is the only thing that will improve his mechanics. He's gonna be taking hundreds of them, of every variety, before the first OTA next spring.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess I misunderstood SJ. I didn't realize he was equating the term "snaps" with throwing a football around in unorganized off-season activities.

In my view, just about everyone here has had an issue with Crossman all year, starting with the hire itself.

But, I think the Patriots' loss just blew the issue up and potentially out of proportion.

I would be willing to bet that if we flipped the schedule and ended the season on a nice win--like our win against Miami-- no one would be really banging the drum to get Crossman fired. It might be mentioned here and there, but not like the crusade everyone has been on.

You might be right but he is awful nonetheless. He took a strength and made it a weakness. To your point, he was bad before he got here and has done nothing to prove himself otherwise.

If he hangs around it really makes me question Marrone (whom I like). He talks a lot about people earning their spots and holding each other accountable. There is not even an argument that can be made for him to keep his job.