Jets Interviews on "Point After Tuesday"

ajzepp

Wow, I would hate to be Doug Brien right now........Curtis Martin did everything except call the guy out during his interview. I can't say I feel bad for the guy cause they are paid a lot of money to kick a ball, and when you have TWO shots to win the game you better damn well make at least one of them. So to me, he deserves whatever criticism he gets, I don't care how good he was during the regular season. But to see the Jets players basically having to hold themselves back from just unleashing on this guy, it's classic lol

Wow, I would hate to be Doug Brien right now........Curtis Martin did everything except call the guy out during his interview. I can't say I feel bad for the guy cause they are paid a lot of money to kick a ball, and when you have TWO shots to win the game you better damn well make at least one of them. So to me, he deserves whatever criticism he gets, I don't care how good he was during the regular season. But to see the Jets players basically having to hold themselves back from just unleashing on this guy, it's classic lol

211660[/snapback]

Who knows if the Bills wouldn't have been in the same exact situation if they had made the playoffs? Definitely within the realm of possibility, assuming they would have been dumb enough to give Lindell the ball with the game on the line.

Time to draft the Nuge.

211660[/snapback]

Someone should ask Curtis Martin how many points HE scored against Pittsburgh.

Who knows if the Bills wouldn't have been in the same exact situation if they had made the playoffs?  Definitely within the realm of possibility, assuming they would have been dumb enough to give Lindell the ball with the game on the line.

Time to draft the Nuge.

211663[/snapback]

I would really really love to believe that Mularkey wouldn't be stupid enough to hurt our kicker's chances (even by a marginal amount) by taking a friggin' knee....

Who knows if the Bills wouldn't have been in the same exact situation if they had made the playoffs?  Definitely within the realm of possibility, assuming they would have been dumb enough to give Lindell the ball with the game on the line.

Time to draft the Nuge.

211663[/snapback]

If that were the case I wouldn't feel bad for Lindell either........but I think we still have some years left remaining on the Norwood clause. We're not due for another kicker related big game loss for at least another few years.

Someone should ask Curtis Martin how many points HE scored against Pittsburgh.

211667[/snapback]

You got a point there.......but when you have two chances to make a game winning kick, dontcha gotta make it?

If that were the case I wouldn't feel bad for Lindell either........but I think we still have some years left remaining on the Norwood clause. We're not due for another kicker related big game loss for at least another few years.

211672[/snapback]

I guess my point is it doesn't make me feel better to rag on the Jets or Jets' fans about it -- not till we have a big-game kicker, that is.

I guess my point is it doesn't make me feel better to rag on the Jets or Jets' fans about it -- not till we have a big-game kicker, that is.

211676[/snapback]

Oh, I feel sorry for the Jets and their fans.......not meaning to rag on them by any means! I'm ragging specifically on Doug Brien lol I just think it's interesting to see some of these interviews where you can tell that people like Curtis Martin are just seething inside, but being careful not to call the guy out.

No one has EVER kicked a FG longer than 47 yards in that stadium.

Yet, with 56 seconds left, not only is Herm (yes, Herm, he is the HEAD coach, able to overule sh------- coordinator calls) content running TWO OF THE EXACT SAME PLAY (off tackle left), but then he is sooooo worried that after they make the FG that his Special teams is so bad they can't stop PLaxico Burris from returning the ball, that he calls a QB KNEEL DOWN? Thus losing a yard? I know its "only a yard" ... but try telling that to the guy who has to make they kick...

The worst coaching I've seen in years... Gilbrinde wasn't even that bad.

I mean, really, you have 56 seconds left, and you are content LOSING 1 yard? No! Go for 5, 10, 20, 25 more yards! If you're going to do nothing but run clock, why not try a pass play? It doesn't work? Then kneel all day...

Very troubling. Herm should be gone.

He is a good preacher (hence his players like him). He is not a good coach.

No one has EVER kicked a FG longer than 47 yards in that stadium.

Yet, with 56 seconds left, not only is Herm (yes, Herm, he is the HEAD coach, able to overule sh------- coordinator calls) content running TWO OF THE EXACT SAME PLAY (off tackle left), but then he is sooooo worried that after they make the FG that his Special teams is so bad they can't stop PLaxico Burris from returning the ball, that he calls a QB KNEEL DOWN? Thus losing a yard? I know its "only a yard" ... but try telling that to the guy who has to make they kick...

I mean, really, you have 56 seconds left, and you are content LOSING 1 yard? No! Go for 5, 10, 20, 25 more yards! If you're going to do nothing but run clock, why not try a pass play? It doesn't work? Then kneel all day...

Very troubling. Herm should be gone.

He is a good preacher (hence his players like him). He is not a good coach.

211682[/snapback]

Yep, I can't argue with that at all........I just don't think the Jets players feel that way.

Well, he did win the game for them against SD no?

211695[/snapback]

That he did, yep.......but wasn't that like a 28 yarder?

Proving that most players aren't much smarter than most fans.

211701[/snapback]

I don't know.......I agree with the idea that they should have attempted to continue to move the ball of offense, but at the same time I can't help but feel you have GOT to make one of those two kicks. Granted, the Jets didn't score a TD on offense all game......but like you always say, it's a team game, right? <_< They had Pittsburgh by the nuts in their house. Unfortunately the game was in the hands of a kicker, and while I can understand missing it once.....I don't think there is any excuse for missing it twice.

211682[/snapback]

You have a very short memory...or do you forget who was the Offensive Coordinator for the Houston Oilers on that fateful day in 1992...a day that will live forever in NFL infamy long after everyone in NJ forgets what happened vs. Pittsburgh.

You've GOT to make that kick only if you've GOT to make that kick. He didn't have to. They had options. They chose to ignore them.

211716[/snapback]

So if your supervisor at work makes a conservative decision that fails to try and relieve some of the burden off of you, that somehow means you don't have to do your job? I actually agree that herm should have been more aggressive in getting them closer, but I don't see how that absolves a kicker from needing to do his job.

You have a very short memory...or do you forget who was the Offensive Coordinator for the Houston Oilers on that fateful day in 1992...a day that will live forever in NFL infamy long after everyone in NJ forgets what happened vs. Pittsburgh.

211713[/snapback]

True, true... but that was 12 years ago... <_<

211713[/snapback]

That one was one of the greatest days of my life. What a game. It was like woodstock @ the 'Ralph. I never had some much love from so many people <_<