Rosen must have a new job...

Just Jack

as a Delta Airline ticket agent....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/26/delta-fares-idUSL3N0K528K20131226?type=companyNews&feedType=RSS

"Airlines employ analysts whose job is to constantly monitor competition and keep tweaking rates. It is possible that one of them entered a wrong number," said George Hobica, founder of airfarewatchdogs.com. Hobica said most of the software airlines use for adjusting rates do not have safety catches that cross check on a value entered, which makes it easier to make mistakes, especially during busy travel seasons.

(side note, friend of mine got one of these deals, Syracuse to Orlando, two tickets round trip, for just under $100)

This happens way too much for it to just be a glitch. Maybe, though, they really are getting that competitive that changes occur rapidly enough mistakes are made and if that is the case then it is almost like racketeering, right?

I think it's all PR and a way to get some headlines.

This happens way too much for it to just be a glitch. Maybe, though, they really are getting that competitive that changes occur rapidly enough mistakes are made and if that is the case then it is almost like racketeering, right?

I think it's all PR and a way to get some headlines.

I said the same thing yesterday. This ha PR written all over it.

I said the same thing yesterday. This ha PR written all over it.

And if you notice it is never to a place like LAX, NYC or Miami. It is always some vacation destination or somewhere you'd think you'd want to visit but never actually go - Salt Lake City would be a great example. "Hey, Salt Lake City tickets from St Louis $35?! Yeah! It'd be nice to visit there." Hell, if I was the SLC tourist authority I would go to an airline and float this idea.

Hmm. Buffalo Tourism board going to JetBlue and offering a promotion to visit Buffalo in January to see an empty stadium!

An economy one way ticket from LA to Hawaii leaving Jan. 11, is $1,304.

Wow?!

I've seen much cheaper ones, Southwest has offered them very cheap as a promo, etc.

I still smell something fishy here. Once you get to Hawaii everything is expensive, anyway.