Please explain the Cutler facination

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed completely. If only Buffalo had half a chance of landing someone of his caliber.

Yeah, Buffalo could never land anyone who is a premier player. Too bad we missed out on someone like Mario Williams.

Defense and Special Teams Rankings the last 5 years of the Chicago Bears

Special Teams:

2013 - 11

2012 - 6

2011 - 1

2010 - 1

2009 - 4

2008 - 5

Defense:

2013 - 26

2012 - 1

2011 - 4

2010 - 4

2009 - 4

2008 - 7

With what these other two phases awarded Jay Cutler with, I would categorize what he accomplished with that team as a failure. The only outlier really being the 2013 defense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yeah, Buffalo could never land anyone who is a premier player. Too bad we missed out on someone like Mario Williams.

I knew somebody would bring that up... He's an avid sportsmen and likes a small market. Perfect fit somehow. We also gave him a truckload of cash iirc...

When I look at Cutlers stats they look above average to me. How has his receiving core been up until this year?

Edited by SmokinES3

I knew somebody would bring that up... He's an avid sportsmen and likes a small market. Perfect fit somehow. We also gave him a truckload of cash iirc...

When I look at Cutlers stats they look above average to me. How has his receiving core been up until this year?

It's not about a WR core you have to worry about with Jay Cutler, he can get balls to receivers. It all boils down to the offensive line. He breaks down when his o-line breaks down. Cutler takes 7 step drops. The Bills can't protect that. For that reason alone he would be a horrible fit in Buffalo who have a below average offensive line in terms of protecting the QB.

For some reason Hackett doesn't like rolling out QB's either which I thought would be a big part of the scheme with Manuel.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Jay Cutler is going to be a free agent in 2014. I've heard his name mentioned as a player the Bills should target. But to me Cutler is just another version of Fitz, except he was drafted higher and comes with a little more hype. Cutler and Fitz are having virtually identical stat years in 2013. So I ask: why on earth would anyone consider signing Jay Cutler to the Bills?

PTR

Arm strength- people (offensive coordinators) get enamored with a rifle arm, personally I think they get bored calling running plays. The Jeff George, Josh Freeman, Mathew Stafford type are fun to watch but they are so up and down you can't win with them. Cutler is in year 8 has a career 84.4 qb rating, that ranking is not the end all because there is a lot more to quarterbacking but he has none of those skills to offset anything . On to your third team at 30 years old Jay ? Why if he's so good

Shortage of quarterbacks league wide makes anyone with descent skills a possibility to teams needing. Bears are almost forced to keep him I doubt they will go the Josh McCown side he will be 35 by next season. Cutler has had 1 playoff year hard to make an argument to pay him like a star, but for the Bears who do you go get ?

Yeah. It will never happen because Cutlers ego won't be able to take it but IMO his best scenerio to have success is to be the backup QB to Russell Wilson in Seattle.

Cutler, Fitzpatrick and Kitna still in the NFL. Carson Palmer barely hanging on, Kevin Kolb about to wrap it up. Lienert and Young out of the league.

The NFL...wow.

I will take the practical view here.

QB, the most important position in football.

Cutler, above average starter in the league

Bills, don't have an established player at the most important position going into next year.

If Cutler is available in FA the Bills can't afford to look the other way.

(and I'm not Culter's biggest fan)

Cutler has had moments of very good play only to be thwarted by horrible INTs. He is too erratic for my taste. Besides, he will want to start and not be a clip board holding back up. Let another team have him.

I know that facts are difficult to deal with when you are trying to prove a point that is opposite them, but Buffalo has landed FAs before, and can continue to do so. Your argument is defeated.