NYS soon to trail Florida in population

Until they all need fresh water! Muhahahaha!

http://www.cnu.org/cnu-salons/2013/02/fresh-water-floridas-increasingly-scarce-resource

"...Basically, Florida's existing fresh water sources for it's residents are well beyond maxed out at this point. On top of this fact, the population of the state is generally on average increasing by the day. If that wasn't enough stress on Florida's fresh water, guess what- there is also multi-national corporations that want to extract even more water from those sources for for-profit business such as the selling of bottled water. This situation is all actually quite more serious than those corporations or Florida's residents seem to realize. What if there is a serious drought? What if the state of Florida just plain runs out of fresh water? Then what?..."

@ least all the idiots will be in one place!

:D

Until they all need fresh water! Muhahahaha!

http://www.cnu.org/cnu-salons/2013/02/fresh-water-floridas-increasingly-scarce-resource

"...Basically, Florida's existing fresh water sources for it's residents are well beyond maxed out at this point. On top of this fact, the population of the state is generally on average increasing by the day. If that wasn't enough stress on Florida's fresh water, guess what- there is also multi-national corporations that want to extract even more water from those sources for for-profit business such as the selling of bottled water. This situation is all actually quite more serious than those corporations or Florida's residents seem to realize. What if there is a serious drought? What if the state of Florida just plain runs out of fresh water? Then what?..."

@ least all the idiots will be in one place!

This is a problem for pretty much any state south or west

This is a problem for pretty much any state south or west

Not New York or Illinois. I can pipe it to you... I already divert a million gallons every 15 minutes heading south to The Gulf. That would keep a family of 4 going for 10 years. All we have to do is intsall a pipe and head it south. Of course it will cost you!

:nana:

Not New York or Illinois. I can pipe it to you... I already divert a million gallons every 15 minutes heading south to The Gulf. That would keep a family of 4 going for 10 years. All we have to do is intsall a pipe and head it south. Of course it will cost you!

no thanks.....Texas already has at least a dozen or so desalination plants, and there's a whole lot more ocean water available than there is in the great lakes.

back at'cha!

no thanks.....Texas already has at least a dozen or so desalination plants, and there's a whole lot more ocean water available than there is in the great lakes.

back at'cha!

LoL!

Desalination cost much more... By the time water leaves Chicago and reaches The Gulf... It has already passed through 3 people! How's that for filteration. A process even a guy like TYTT could love!

LoL!

Desalination cost much more... By the time water leaves Chicago and reaches The Gulf... It has already passed through 3 people! How's that for filteration. A process even a guy like TYTT could love!

I would just LOVE to see the poopstorm fallout from building water pipelines from the north into the south. you know it would happen, too. old hippies and women with hairy armpits protesting, screaming about the potential for ecological disaster if there was ever a leak in the pipeline. why, the semi-arid landscape would be destroyed! and all those poor scorpions and fire ants having their ecologies ruined!

I would just LOVE to see the poopstorm fallout from building water pipelines from the north into the south. you know it would happen, too. old hippies and women with hairy armpits protesting, screaming about the potential for ecological disaster if there was ever a leak in the pipeline. why, the semi-arid landscape would be destroyed! and all those poor scorpions and fire ants having their ecologies ruined!

LoL... I would too!

Screw them, we're keeping our fresh water here.

Anyone recognize that church in the pic? Wasn't expecting to see Buffalo in the pic, lol. So many immigrants coming to the South. They might cheer the population increase then curse the foreign born in their next breath. It's just too cold here for many people. Can't beat our summers though.

And an empty lakebed, gosh, that would be wonderful! I'd be right there with the hairy armpit protesting.

The incredible, shrinking New York

WelcomeToNewYork.jpg

FTA:

Stimulus plans to attract business such as the ones Doug describes sound great on paper, but do nothing to address the hoards of businesses who have already left one of the unfriendliest tax climates in the nation. Nanny state regulations make New York one of the least free in the nation and many upstate folks have simply tired of it.