Few new tv seasons beginning again soon

The Poojer

i tried to find the larger thread about tv shows that are worth watching, but couldn't find it. If anyone else can find the bigger thread feel free to merge it

I know Lilyhammer has its own thread, but the new season is out on Netflix now

Jan 12, the new seasons of Shameless and Episodes start on showtime. I am really glad they are doing another season of Episodes, it is a very entertaining show and Matt Leblanc is really funny in it. Shameless just makes you feel so dirty afterwards but William H. Macy is so good in it(like everything else he does.)

I am also looking forward to the new season of Cougar Town, I really enjoy that show, I know a lot of people here think its a stupid mindless show, but i am a big fan.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried to find the larger thread about tv shows that are worth watching, but couldn't find it. If anyone else can find the bigger thread feel free to merge it

I know Lilyhammer has its own thread, but the new season is out on Netflix now

Jan 12, the new seasons of Shameless and Episodes start on showtime. I am really glad they are doing another season of Episodes, it is a very entertaining show and Matt Leblanc is really funny in it. Shameless just makes you feel so dirty afterwards but William H. Macy is so good in it(like everything else he does.)

I am also looking forward to the new season of Cougar Town, I really enjoy that show, I know a lot of people here think its a stupid mindless show, but i am a big fan.

I've tried and tried to get 'into' Cougar Town, but so far the only thing that keeps me going back is boobs. I will give the show another try because boobs are a redeeming quality.

Boobs are the only reason I keep watching 2 Broke Girls.

I had to quit on that show. It got worse and worse until, during the middle of an episode I said to my wife I don't care about this show, you can watch it and delete it. She said "I hate this show." Turns out we both just put up with it because we thought the other one liked it. :lol:

Shows I'm loving right now:

Person of Interest - best show on tv. hard to get into if you miss the beginning but worthwhile to go back and get caught up. I seriously can't say enough good things about this show.

Psych - last season starts soon. I really enjoy this show but unfortunately it may be good timing for it to end.

Blacklist - This is one of the best new shows out this year. Really enjoy it and it keeps you guessing!

Goldbergs - Probably because I am a child of the 80s but this show is hilarious to me. If you grew up in the 80s the comedy is spot on.

Hannibal - will be returning in February for the second season. If you missed the first I highly recommend it. This is an excellent take on the whole Hannibal Lector world.

I remember seeing commercials on HBO or Showtime about a show that's coming up with Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mc. I don't remember the name of it, but I think it starts in January and looks really good.

Somebody remind me to DVR that one!

i love psych

I had to quit on that show. It got worse and worse until, during the middle of an episode I said to my wife I don't care about this show, you can watch it and delete it. She said "I hate this show." Turns out we both just put up with it because we thought the other one liked it. :lol:

Person of Interest - best show on tv. hard to get into if you miss the beginning but worthwhile to go back and get caught up. I seriously can't say enough good things about this show.

Psych - last season starts soon. I really enjoy this show but unfortunately it may be good timing for it to end.

Blacklist - This is one of the best new shows out this year. Really enjoy it and it keeps you guessing!

Goldbergs - Probably because I am a child of the 80s but this show is hilarious to me. If you grew up in the 80s the comedy is spot on.

Hannibal - will be returning in February for the second season. If you missed the first I highly recommend it. This is an excellent take on the whole Hannibal Lector world.

That's True Detective and it airs on HBO Jan 12th

About 3 years ago, I swore, to my gf, I would never watch a Matthew McConaughey flick again...she loves him, and I felt like I had wasted way too many hours in my life, watching his garbage movies, to appease her...but then, starting with "Killer Joe", he started focusing on doing real movies...or at least the kinds of movies I wouldn't mind seeing. So, another reason to hate him...he is making me go back on my word. "True Detective" looks like it will be real good. I plan on watching....I am rarely disappointed with HBO series in general.

Not sure when "Veep" season three starts...but that is a great one. Probably March.

Also, can't recommend "Rectify" enough to folks. It only had one, six episode season, early last season, on the Sundance channel. Great acting, great writing...from some of the creative people behind "Breaking Bad". Not as action driven as BB, but very compelling...for folks who like nuances, adult type shows... some amazing dialogue. I know it was renewed for a second, 10 episode season, but can't seem to find a premiere date for it.

Edited by Buftex

I'm right with you with Person of Interest, one of my favorite shows as well(like the addition of Sarah Shahi), and I'm also looking forward to season two of Hannibal.

One show I would highly recommend would be White Collar... It's one of the smartest and well-written shows on TV, IMO. It's certainly a show that you have to start from the beginning to understand what's going on, but it would be well worth the effort to do so.

Good shows in January; Archer, Face Off, The Following. In February; The Americans, Legit.

Hey Joe, I started watching the following because I have always been a big Kevin Bacon fan. But that show always seemed to piss me off with the way the bad guys seemed to get the upperhand every single episode. I watched about 6 or 7 shows before i stopped watching. Did it get any better? I so wanted to like this show. Is it worth picking back up again?

Hey Joe, I started watching the following because I have always been a big Kevin Bacon fan. But that show always seemed to piss me off with the way the bad guys seemed to get the upperhand every single episode. I watched about 6 or 7 shows before i stopped watching. Did it get any better? I so wanted to like this show. Is it worth picking back up again?

Unfortunately most of these type of shows require you to suspend belief with all the ways the bad guys find a way to escape. But otherwise they couldn't last that long. I think it would be hard to pick up if you jump back in without knowing what happened in the episodes you missed. But I'd recommend it.

I'm right with you with Person of Interest, one of my favorite shows as well(like the addition of Sarah Shahi), and I'm also looking forward to season two of Hannibal.

I also love "Person of Interest". Sarah Shahi has been quite an addition.

I am also watching "The Blacklist". I think it's good, but not great.

I still love "Supernatural", and can't believe that it's still going strong after so many years.

"Elementary" is another top show for me. I cannot believe Johnny Lee Miller did not get a Golden Globe nomination. He's fantastic, and Lucy Liu is very good too.

And I still love "Bones" & "Castle", crime shows with lots of humor.

Unfortunately most of these type of shows require you to suspend belief with all the ways the bad guys find a way to escape. But otherwise they couldn't last that long. I think it would be hard to pick up if you jump back in without knowing what happened in the episodes you missed. But I'd recommend it.

Agreed on all points. I like "The Following" mostly because of Kevin Bacon.

You are right on suspending belief. This show relies on being over-the-top ridiculous, and I thought the violence was very gratuitous.

I will check out the next season, but I just wonder if they can still keep it interesting.