Around the NFL Week 16

Beerball

So amazing that it defies logic, unless there are other factors at work than meet the eye....

I don't know. It sounds ludicrous that the NFL would be able to orchestrate a widespread program that favors any team. But it does seem to happen in their favor over and over and over again.

I don't know. It sounds ludicrous that the NFL would be able to orchestrate a widespread program that favors any team. But it does seem to happen in their favor over and over and over again.

Doesn't have to be the League (although it could be)--just takes a few greedy officials, and some cooperation from the folks who manage them, kind of like the Serie A scandal in Italian soccer a few years back. In that case, the guy in charge of assigning the refs to games was involved. It was a widespread scandal that rocked that League.

Here, I just know what I see--over and over and over again....

Steelers just got ABSOLUTELY ROBBED by the officials. You'll be hearing about this one for weeks if the Steelers lose.

Steelers block a game tying field goal. A Steeler picks ups the ball and laterals it, at which point a Steeler lineman bats the ball out of bounds. Penalty for "illegal batting" and since "possession never changed", automatic first down for GB. The next play GB scores a TD. The problem is, possession CLEARLY changed hands to Pittsburgh from the guy who picked up the blocked FG and lateraled the ball. Just awful. And of course, not able to be challenged.