54,000 at Texas High School State Championship game Saturday

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just think priorities are out of whack when that much money and attention is paid to school kids for playing football. but hey, the market has spoken, i guess.

have you ever spent time in Texas? It seems like you're just finding a way to legitimize a preconceived notion. Where I went to visit everyone from three towns out know each other. They have a different sence of community than most places (not all) up north.

Aren't we talking about a public school? What recruiting?

welcome to big time texas high school football. coaches and players are commodities and these programs fight to be the best. its the SEC while most of our high school experiences are D3.

Oddly baseball isn't exempt. How about families exchanging houses so

a particular player to play for a certain high school.

really, any sport where there are 20m contracts at the pro level is going to get a little crazy on the amateur level. youll have the same with big time basketball programs too that funnel kids pro.

You want to be a pro, you go to the schools that produce pros, and that doesnt just start when you turn 18.

this....i graduated from a school of 4,000 (liverpool high school) and never had the size or ability to be a high school athlete, but that didn't stop me from being active in other things and gathering a very large group of friends and acquaintances, many of whom I am still in touch with 30+ years later.

Sorry you think you wouldn't be good enough. I grew up in Florida and had gigantic high schools in my school district and had no trouble doing everything I wanted to. And I was average - below average in everything.

this....i graduated from a school of 4,000 (liverpool high school) and never had the size or ability to be a high school athlete, but that didn't stop me from being active in other things and gathering a very large group of friends and acquaintances, many of whom I am still in touch with 30+ years later.

Sorry you think you wouldn't be good enough. I grew up in Florida and had gigantic high schools in my school district and had no trouble doing everything I wanted to. And I was average - below average in everything.

That is cool that you guys found a niche. But the reality is with schools this size, it limits the options of what kids can do. I believe in keeping options open for kids at the high school level as much as possible, and trying to get as much participation as well.