54,000 at Texas High School State Championship game Saturday

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i grew in pittsford. my hs won the title in 1982. biggest guy may have been 250. lived in maine for while. son's hs won the state title. we moved down south and lived in georgia, alabama, and now florida. football is religion down south. the hs "kids" playing can block out the sun. no school in ny or maine would have a prayer vs a top southern school.

high school football is way overblown to begin with. 54000 for a hs game in Texas isn't really a complement to the people of Texas

mean people suck

I have an army buddy who played for mesquite. The whole town would show up. The opposing teams town as well. It was kinda awesome.

Edited by JaxBills

right. they are just supporting their town. how many people came to the musical, the track meet, the orchestra concert...if it was about "supporting their town," there would be 54000 at city council meetings. peoples' hard-on for hs football that leads to all the abuses (recruiting and otherwise) that everyone gets on their high horse about. it leads to insane peewee coaches that you see doing crazy crap on youtube.

and lol...a 59 million dollar high school stadium. yea, their priorities are in order... i'd love to see a list of stuff they can't afford.

right. they are just supporting their town. how many people came to the musical, the track meet, the orchestra concert...if it was about "supporting their town," there would be 54000 at city council meetings. peoples' hard-on for hs football that leads to all the abuses (recruiting and otherwise) that everyone gets on their high horse about. it leads to insane peewee coaches that you see doing crazy crap on youtube.

and lol...a 59 million dollar high school stadium. yea, their priorities are in order... i'd love to see a list of stuff they can't afford.

Man, you seem bitter. How many have you been to? I've been to a bunch, soccer, volleyball, wrestling and softball too. Were they as well attended as football? Nope, but those other sports thrive much to the thanks of football. Other booster programs make much of their money from football concessions. Football is king, no question about it, but I'm not sure why you think that's a bad thing while you support a tax payer subsidized NFL team.

i just think priorities are out of whack when that much money and attention is paid to school kids for playing football. but hey, the market has spoken, i guess.

The 5A schools have better facilities than many D2 or 3 colleges and I agree, that isn't right. But, much like big time college it is Football that funds all other programs.

Smaller Texas schools (1A-3A) are much like what I experienced in rural WNY when I played many, many moons ago. Grass fields and bleachers. The difference is that people in Texas who have no kids in HS, maybe they never did/will, do show up to the games. It is a matter of civic pride and it is a community event.

i just think priorities are out of whack when that much money and attention is paid to school kids for playing football. but hey, the market has spoken, i guess.

This may speak to priorities, but it also speaks to economics. WNYers seem to forget how much money is out there - maybe not in NY, but certainly in Texas.

Stop while you're behind. Allen is rich.