Decision to play

vegas55

When some one dies unexpectedly there are many things that people don't think about. You get the pleasure of picking out a coffin, a tombstone, go over all legal requirements the deceased had, on top of dealing with your grief. There is no way he could of played yesterday.

i wouldnt go that far either though. plenty of guys can and have.

in this case, our season is pretty well done and he has more important things to deal with. no shame in that. he weighed his options and did what he felt best.

I guess you must not have yet lost a parent you were close with. Anyone who has lost a parent they were close with would never post such a thing. It is one of the most terrible things that will happen to you as a person in your entire life and it is a life changing event for the person who lost their parent. No Bills' official or Bills' coach is ever going to try to make a player play a week after losing a parent. If they ever tried they should be fired even if the upcoming game is the friggin Superbowl.

Your assumption that this might reveal something about the Bills' opinion of Johnson is 100% wrong in my opinion.

I thought the same thing but had a hard time articulating it. The OP, fortunately, doesn't know what that's like. Yet.

yup. there was no chance they could learn the playbook, and they didnt take their jobs seriously and should be cut to send messages according to many. i know we have a wide variety of opinions but it amazed me at the time that there was a solid block of people that pulled the "they got paid and now they are refusing to practice" angle on that story.

It will interesting to see how StevieJohnson handles this.

These kinds of traumatic events can truly affect someones value system .

I dont want to project anything but i will be watching out for him. He will come out the other side of this a changed man to some extent. I just wish he can find some peace in time.

When some one dies unexpectedly there are many things that people don't think about. You get the pleasure of picking out a coffin, a tombstone, go over all legal requirements the deceased had, on top of dealing with your grief. There is no way he could of played yesterday.

If you can, talk to your parents now....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/12-tough-questions-to-ask-your-parents/