Breaking News per wben.com BYE

Thank you Rigas family!! Thanks for your greediness that screwed the many sports fans of WNY. What a dramatic decline in the last two years. Thanks for the memories Empire--I watched you all the time before you were disassembled by the Rigas family's stupidity and greed.

I wonder what the plan is if the NHL starts playing again this year?  If Empire is gone, where are the games going to be televised.  Maybe Adelphia knows something about the lockout that we don't(season is not going to happen?)

211247[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing...damn shame what happened to Empire

This DOES suck! That said, it was a chicken sh-- operation that never improved. We get it in Florida but I rarely watch it for the bogus format. Most big cities with pro franchises have their own little netwoks and the majority of them are pretty good- feeding local/state sports info. Empire was way lame in comparison. :P

Where are we going to see Sabre games now, should the NHL ever return? Anybody know? ;)

Regarding Sabres broadcasts, there have been previous discussions that they were considering a deal with MSG network to broadcast games.

211294[/snapback]

So sometimes we'd see them and sometimes we wouldn't? Depending on who is playing that night. Aren't the Knicks and the Rangers usually on that channel?

Give it up, ladies. NHL as you know it will never resume, so you won't be missing anything.

211298[/snapback]

I think you're right actually. I see a new league coming right around the corner. Hopefully ran the right way. Way to go GB.