there apparently is a limit to PC in Florida

Azalin

"A display from the church of the flying spaghetti monster..."

Wtf.

Its long been a reference by the "cool kids" to use when attempting (and failing) to denigrate others religious beliefs.

Its always best to just let them have their fun and put them to bed when they get tired......

"A display from the church of the flying spaghetti monster..."

Wtf.

to be honest, the atheists' display is just as offensive to me as the satanists' display. I just thought it interesting that they're willing to allow one type of spiteful display and not another. that seems completely contradictory to me. how can one be 'grossly offensive' and not the other?

to be honest, the atheists' display is just as offensive to me as the satanists' display. I just thought it interesting that they're willing to allow one type of spiteful display and not another. that seems completely contradictory to me. how can one be 'grossly offensive' and not the other?

"Satirical" and "spiteful" are two different things. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is satirical, but not spiteful...we are all Touched By His Noodly Appendage.

Meanwhile on Long Island......

Some Parents Upset After L.I. School Removes Religious References From "Silent Night"

http://newyork.cbslo...m-silent-night/

Officials at Ralph J. Osgood Intermediate School removed several religious references, including "holy infant" and "Christ the savior," from the popular Christmas carol before a concert featuring fifth-graders last week, WCBS 880's Mike Xirinachs reported. The intent was to avoid offending non-Christians, but the change left others upset.

"Satirical" and "spiteful" are two different things. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is satirical, but not spiteful...we are all Touched By His Noodly Appendage.

the flying spaghetti monster is a mockery of belief in any deity, so I would consider a Christmas display in which it was featured to be quite spiteful. on the other hand, the phrase touched by his noodly appendage sounds particularly disturbing considering the creature has meatballs.