Thurman agrees with me!

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Thurman and Andre barely played the next season. Bruce had 4 productive years with Washington. The whole curse thing is foolish. It was smart to cute ties with them and move on. Too many teams are reluctant to part ways vets who have been very productive. Colts recently admitted they erred in keeping Marvin Harrison and other vets. Teams seemed to get old overnight but personnel evaluators can see when an athlete is about lose it. I thumb my nose at any so called curse. The Bills suffered from bad drafts and poor coaching.

Stats don't lie. Thurman last 3 seasons: 157 rushes for 669 yard. Andre last 2 seasons: 62 catches for 639 yards. They were running on fumes. Antowain Smith had replaced Thurman as starter and Eric Moulds for Andre.

Edited by Nitro

I thought everyone hates us:

"The NFL needs the Bills," Dilfer said. "We need the Buffalo Bills to be relevant. It's good for the soul."

He's right...Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay...all not glitzy, just blue collar hard working people who are fanatical with their dedication to their teams...

Something just feels right watching playoff games with grey skies and snow in January...its like what football was in its purest form before all the TV and money got involved...lose those franchises and football loses its soul

It's really the Curse of Flutie. We benched a QB who helped us go twice to the playoffs because of a meaningless regular season game. We need to apologize to that little man!

I believe they benched DF due to his poor play over the late part of that season (losing at home to a bad NY Giants team in a game that meant a lot for the Bills) not so much on the finale vs the Colts. That just made the cheese more binding. The Bills had an excellent Defense that season and needed to find some O for a playoff run. Flutie blew a chance at a home playoff game. RJ was firmly entrenched as the "backup" QB at that point, so by Buffalo logic, he should have been the most popular guy in town! He might have been if our ST didn't get fooled by a high school trick play. Bills could have made a deep run that season.

More than 4 years ago I posted about the curse that befell the team on Black Thursday when the team released Andre, Bruce, and him. Interesting to see that Thurman feels the same way.

not a coincidence.

actually, our discussion for the story i put together a year ago helped inspire this one. ... guess i coulda put a double-byline on it, eh?

jw

not a coincidence.

actually, our discussion for the story i put together a year ago helped inspire this one. ... guess i coulda put a double-byline on it, eh?

jw

Yeah you coulda :)

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ