If you build it, will they come?

Bronc24

That's Green Bay not Buffalo. Those people own their team and are die hards for their green and gold. You can't even get tickets for a Green Bay game. You have to get on a waiting list and it takes years to get tickets. You can't compare Green Bay fans to any other fans in the NFL. They breath, talk,and live Packers.

Edited by littlelouie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

simply put, if the Bills were say 9-5 or tied with Miami at 8-6 the Ralph would be sold out for this weeks game.

They have to put a better product on the field. The Bills fan base is one of the best in the league. All they have to do is win . The fans will do their part.

The organization has to do theirs.

That game was played not only right AFTER the holidays (Cristmas spending could've had an effect), but also it was only a week after the Bills got hammered by the same Houston team 27-3. The Bills were also without Jim Kelly (he got hurt the week before) and Cornelious Bennett, so I'm sure that played into it. It's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

9 whole days after Christmas!! :doh:

Yes, there's always an excuse, or three, why the greatest fans in the NFL can't buy a friggin' ticket.

"ewwww, it's cold, and they lost last week, and Kelly's hurt, and they lost two Super Bowls already, and I'm not spending another nickel on this team until they get serious about winning!"

PTR

If it were a football organization to be proud of the place would be sold out every week and the team would have a lot more unshared revenue options.

The trouble with your comment is you don't have any proof.

There was a football organization to be proud of on 1/3/1993 and the the place was not sold out. There was a football organization to be proud of on 1/15/1994 and the place wasn't sold out.

That game was played not only right AFTER the holidays (Cristmas spending could've had an effect), but also it was only a week after the Bills got hammered by the same Houston team 27-3. The Bills were also without Jim Kelly (he got hurt the week before) and Cornelious Bennett, so I'm sure that played into it. It's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

Excuse. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why did they have to play games in Milwaukee when they sucked?

How about kc last season compared to this year? Same with Washington in reverse...

Remember when new Orleans was in danger of relocation just before they became good?

The Milwaukee part of the pack's schedule was in existence for over 60 years, not just when the team wasn't good. I think they only stopped playing games there because of the design of the Brewer's new stadium or something. It wasn't conducive to football/baseball use. Strictly a baseball park.

Late season games in Buffalo have always been a tough sell, even in the glory years. The fact is the weather in WNY in November and December freakin' sucks This is not a difficult concept to grasp! The average temp here is probably lower in that time period than any NFL city other than Green Bay, where tickets are almost unattainable. That's a unique football situation in GB. Most people don't enjoy arctic temps and refuse to freeze to watch a football game. Factor in the poor performance on the field and it's a wonder they sell as many tickets as they do. A retractable roof, Lucas Oil type stadium is in order here. It would help boost attendance in the last half of the season, as more folks would be willing to go. Around 62,000 seats would be about right. Higher ticket prices would weed out some of the riff- raff that likely keep some fans with means from attending.

9 whole days after Christmas!! :doh:

Yes, there's always an excuse, or three, why the greatest fans in the NFL can't buy a friggin' ticket.

"ewwww, it's cold, and they lost last week, and Kelly's hurt, and they lost two Super Bowls already, and I'm not spending another nickel on this team until they get serious about winning!"

PTR

There has to be some sort of limit on the number of times one can repeatedly post the same thing.

Event tickets are a completely different animal now.

Perceived sellouts and increased resale value, along with the Internet drive ticket sales.

Like someone mentioned. Compare the bad years of the 8th attendance with now.

Now you factor in 13000 less seats, plus 15% from rochester, and 15% from ontario.

I have little doubt that, at these prices, they would need to cap season tickets and the sth would gobble up most of the box office tickets for friends and resale.

And no, I don't believe we are the greatest fans or anything. We are a decent sports market whose actual size is constantly understated, with a good deal of bandwagoners hiding in the woodwork.

Let's hope the bills test all this out

The trouble with your comment is you don't have any proof.

There was a football organization to be proud of on 1/3/1993 and the the place was not sold out. There was a football organization to be proud of on 1/15/1994 and the place wasn't sold out.

I've heard this whine from fan ***ers like yourself about that playoff game before but first of all..... remember that Buffalo fans weren't intending AT ALL to be playing that Sunday.

The Bills shockingly were destroyed by Houston and Miami beat NE in the final week of the season......costing the Bills both homefield throughout the playoffs and the division title. The Bills then had 3 days to sell out a game nobody really anticipated. And this wasn't the age of convenient online ticket purchasing either.

But I will also add that the fanbase and popularity of the franchise was different then.

The fans who were filling those seats during the SB run were also largely the same fans of the teams from the 1980's.

THIS is much more important to reference than that aberration of a playoff game.

Why you ask?

Well, for instance..........did you know that in 1984 the home opener drew a whopping 48,000 fans..........just TWO SEASONS removed from a playoff berth.

And the last game of the season......December 2nd.........drew 20,000.

Mostly the same fans set the NFL single season attendance record in 1991.

Now let me ask you.............how do current Bills fans...........14 years removed from the playoffs........compare to those mid-80's thru 90's Bills fans?

I have a hard time respecting the Bills knowledge of any fool that doesn't realize the difference between the popularity of a Bills ticket now versus then.

I've got some advice for you.......listen to Promo less.........and start taking my word for it. You will look a lot better informed. :thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Bills fans continue to support the team because they are afraid the team will move. The FO knows this, and has no reason to spend a lot of money building a winning franchise. They have their profit engine in place (fear), no need for anything to change.

Bills fans continue to support the team because they are afraid the team will move. The FO knows this, and has no reason to spend a lot of money building a winning franchise. They have their profit engine in place (fear), no need for anything to change.

I guess that's where I have a major problem. If I'm the owner, regardless of my age, I'd want to go out a winner and would spend the money to do it. If I am looking to leave a legacy for my heirs, how about a franchise that is highly regarded and, subsequently, worth more than a perennial loser?

But that's me.

I guess that's where I have a major problem. If I'm the owner, regardless of my age, I'd want to go out a winner and would spend the money to do it. If I am looking to leave a legacy for my heirs, how about a franchise that is highly regarded and, subsequently, worth more than a perennial loser?

But that's me.

Ditto here.

But I think as a stingy business owner, I'd care first about profits. So I can understand why our FO is ok with how things are going right now. Even if I don't like it. :/

Ditto here.

But I think as a stingy business owner, I'd care first about profits. So I can understand why our FO is ok with how things are going right now. Even if I don't like it. :/

You're right. Reshuffle the chairs on the deck of the Titanic. Happy frigging holidays.