LAMP--I have hesitated to post this, but...

Beerball

I know that there are many fine people here and you never know where your next opportunity will come from...

The company I work for will be closing its doors for good at the end of the month. I've had a wonderful ride for 20+ years, first with a major retailer and for the last 2 years with the company that my unit was sold to. I'm currently in Columbus, OH and would like to remain here, but, a job is more important than location.

I have a strong retail background, everything from buying, merchandising, planning and allocation, project management to operations. My last 7 years have been spent on the operations side of the house. I feel I'm qualified for any position within a retail organization or a distribution center. My operations and project management experience also open me up for opportunities in other businesses outside of retail.

If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone please feel free to PM me with specifics. Thanks!

I know you say you want to stay local, but let me offer the philly area, they have the former GSI Commerce, which has been bought by eBay, GSI runs most of the major online retailers that people visit, it was the company i moved up here for. My experience was pretty crappy, but that was more of a situational thing rather than one that i pin on the company. I gained a ton of valuable experience.

We also have QVC which is very strong and they are always looking for merchandise analysts, inventory/allocation analysts, buyers etc...i have a lot of contacts in there

Urban Outfitters, Davids Bridal, Destination Maternity are all headquartered here and I also have contacts in them.

You would love philly. Let me know if you need any help.

PJ

I know that there are many fine people here and you never know where your next opportunity will come from...

The company I work for will be closing its doors for good at the end of the month. I've had a wonderful ride for 20+ years, first with a major retailer and for the last 2 years with the company that my unit was sold to. I'm currently in Columbus, OH and would like to remain here, but, a job is more important than location.

I have a strong retail background, everything from buying, merchandising, planning and allocation, project management to operations. My last 7 years have been spent on the operations side of the house. I feel I'm qualified for any position within a retail organization or a distribution center. My operations and project management experience also open me up for opportunities in other businesses outside of retail.

If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone please feel free to PM me with specifics. Thanks!

Nursing home management is a growth industry. As a board moderator, you're uniquely qualified for the position.

That or pre-school teacher. The diaper changing will be a breeze!

Anyway... Best wishes!

If you are ever looking to ride the rivers... Towing companies are hiring:

https://careers-imtowing.icims.com/jobs/search?hashed=0&mobile=true&width=426&height=223&bga=true&needsRedirect=false

Sorry to hear that BB. I got "downsized " at the end of October and (right now) the plan is that I'll be joining Pooj in Philly starting January 6.

However, I do have a good lead on a position with Amazon in Seattle.

Sad to hear, but at the same time good to know that I'm not alone in this.

Hang in there, BB. The economy is coming around and I had a lot of leads on jobs (just nothing in or around Buffalo).

Sorry to hear that BB. I got "downsized " at the end of October and (right now) the plan is that I'll be joining Pooj in Philly starting January 6.

I heard a new euphemism for that recently. Something like "selected to participate in a corporate efficiency initiative."

Nursing home management is a growth industry. As a board moderator, you're uniquely qualified for the position.

Yep...

cleaning up ****

breaking up fights

making sure everyone behaves

The only difference is when the Alzheimer/dementia residents say they are leaving, you have to actually try to keep them there.