Kevin Kolb is still on the roster

boyst

With all the worries about QB and wondering if EJ is the guy or not, Kolb is still on this roster and has some talent.

I do not want to put odds on it, but there has to be a little bit of a chance he could start in 2014, or at least be there to play if EJ ***** the bed.

Why is it we are so quick to forget this?

Kolb does not have talent.

You can't cut a player unless he is medically cleared to play.

he did well for a few years a while back. And I know we can't cut him unless there is an injury settlement which he would use only if he could pass a physical

serious. People forget he is there. We have seen some bad QB performances. After what we have seen I reckon I could stomach a Kolb start.

He seems like he will take the Todd Collins career path and be the 3rd guy for a while. I am not wanting to see him be a starter in 2014 but with the options that we have right now and the coaching staff hired Kolb could put together enough to unseat EJ or at least be the backup.

You may have a concussion yourself if you're referring to Kevin Kolb as viable option to play QB in the NFL. Go through the concussion protocol before you post again.

If Kolb isn't done, he should be. How many suicides can we withstand? How many ex-players with early onset dementia can we create?

If that's a problem for you, you need to stop watching football.

(Note that it's approaching a problem enough for me that I've considered no longer watching football - we are literally watching some of these guys kill themselves on the field.)

Marrone has said multiple times and again yesterday from OBD , that he has not talked to or has heard anything at all from or about Kolb.

He is good as gone J .

move on.

Yes all those guys are on the roster still. I had forgotten about Dixon .

The rest of the season will be making up missed reps for EJ. He is 4 plus games behind schedule as far as live bullets.

These next two weeks should give us a much better feel for EJ. against two division foes. NE still at the top in the East and Miami who is relevant and a team we need to respect.

I say it everytime , but i sincerely mean it . Everytime. Most important game of the year coming up .

We need badly a back to back win. We need a division win . This would be part of the culture change i think is coming. Albeit slower than we had wished.

I am not sure we need a Vet QB JBOYST62 any more . I do think we need a qb coach or someone very much like one.

I had though Kolb would have been that opportunity. A damn shame about how the Bills Curse picked him to mess with.

Edited by 3rdand12

Absolutely does have talent. When he took that shot to the head in pre-season they were saying his career may be over from cumulative concussions. We'll see what happens but it wouldn't bother me in the least if he showed up at training camp. If healthy he's by far the best QB on the roster...which admittedly is not saying a lot. Thad Lewis may be a good option too given our situation.

EJ may have an average to good game on occasion but I just don't see him amounting to much in this league.

Absolutely does have talent. When he took that shot to the head in pre-season they were saying his career may be over from cumulative concussions. We'll see what happens but it wouldn't bother me in the least if he showed up at training camp. If healthy he's by far the best QB on the roster...which admittedly is not saying a lot. Thad Lewis may be a good option too given our situation.

EJ may have an average to good game on occasion but I just don't see him amounting to much in this league.

Jaybee methinks you conclude too soon on EJ.

Lot of factors here as you know.

Rookie OC the biggest one for me. So lets give it some time brother.

by the way , i was voting for Kolb to start the season. Manuel is still modeling clay.

But taking shape . Still soft though. so those issues he has can be smoothed over i will suggest. : )

Jaybee methinks you conclude too soon on EJ.

Lot of factors here as you know.

Rookie OC the biggest one for me. So lets give it some time brother.

by the way , i was voting for Kolb to start the season. Manuel is still modeling clay.

But taking shape . Still soft though. so those issues he has can be smoothed over i will suggest. : )

Could be. Could be. Yea maybe EJ got thrown into the fire too soon. It just kills me to see Frank Reich coaching the QB's in San Diego. Man I'd love it if he were EJ's QB coach ! I recall way back when Jim Kelly saying that he owed much of his success to Frank Reich. He said Frank used to point out things defensively that Jim never saw and it helped him tremendously.

A good QB coach might be useful for EJ.

Edited by jaybee

Could be. Could be. Yea maybe EJ got thrown into the fire too soon. It just kills me to see Frank Reich coaching the QB's in San Diego. Man I'd love it if he were EJ's QB coach ! I recall way back when Jim Kelly saying that he owed much of his success to Frank Reich. He said Frank used to point out things defensively that Jim never saw and it helped him tremendously.

A good QB coach might be useful for EJ.

A good QB coach might be good for EJ and Nathaniel Hackett. and ,..well ....the rest of us !

This is Kevin Kolb's best season:

9 146 253 57.7 1,955 7.73 9 73 8 7 33.9 81.1

This is EJ Manuel's Rookie year 2013

10 180 306 58.8 1,972 6.44 11 45 9 3 42.3

I repeat Kevin Kolb has ZERO talent to play QB in the NFL. There is not much evidence otherwise.

With all the worries about QB and wondering if EJ is the guy or not, Kolb is still on this roster and has some talent.

I do not want to put odds on it, but there has to be a little bit of a chance he could start in 2014, or at least be there to play if EJ ***** the bed.

he's a goner after the season

I agree that Kevin Kolb looked like crap when he was healthy and got injured at the drop of a hat, so there doesn't appear to be much reason to keep him.

However, he is almost certainly through the NFL concussion protocol by now so if the Bills were going to release him or arrive at an injury settlement they would have. To me this means that Kolb and the Bills are at least considering his playing next season, for better or worse.

This simply isn't true.

Yeah I didn't want to go in too hard but when EJ Manuel's rookie year eclipses the best year you ever had, it's a real hard stretch to say there is anything there at all.

Kevin Kolb is a never-was, just put it to rest already.

With having picked up the guy from Cleveland i see them cutting Kolb & saving them some money for other needs on the team !!

If he's having issues as a result of multiple concussions, he should probably retire for his own health. If anyone here remembers what happened to Al Toon, who kept playing through concussions during his career, and how debilitated his is now, then Kevin should hang it up before he gets another one.