Wal-Mart is selling an ''Occupy Wall Street'' poster

oh. that changes things. carry on. nothing to see here. and there isn't a single available drug that has shown sustained, significant weight loss to the extent that obesity is "cured". doesn't exist. it's pretty simple: if conventional medicine can't treat it, snake oil salesmen will tell you that they can.

So are you saying I've been wasting my money on Extenzze?

been considering the swsx festival as a vacation for a while. either that or nearly strictly bluegrass in san francisco. ever been to swsx?

I've been, but it's been a while since I was there to soak it all in, mainly because I'm sick of a lot of the music and I've grown to loathe crowds. we played two shows last year, but we learned our lesson and sat this past SXSW out. I can see how it would be fun to come here, get a nice hotel down town(which you have to reserve waaaaay in advance), and check it all out that way, but I generally avoid it due to the crowds and the down town road closures (entire blocks are roped off to allow for pedestrian traffic). there are some seriously good musicians in town normally, and SXSW brings a lot more of them in from all over the world. some are awesome, but a lot are really, really bad. ultimately it's not a good showcase for local acts, but you can still catch some really good shows here. if you're ever considering making the trip I'd be glad to make suggestions of where is good to go, where you want to avoid, and where the good restaurants are. the local entertainment/political newspaper, the Austin Chronicle, always has a yearly list of all official SXSW acts:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/

I've been, but it's been a while since I was there to soak it all in, mainly because I'm sick of a lot of the music and I've grown to loathe crowds. we played two shows last year, but we learned our lesson and sat this past SXSW out. I can see how it would be fun to come here, get a nice hotel down town(which you have to reserve waaaaay in advance), and check it all out that way, but I generally avoid it due to the crowds and the down town road closures (entire blocks are roped off to allow for pedestrian traffic). there are some seriously good musicians in town normally, and SXSW brings a lot more of them in from all over the world. some are awesome, but a lot are really, really bad. ultimately it's not a good showcase for local acts, but you can still catch some really good shows here. if you're ever considering making the trip I'd be glad to make suggestions of where is good to go, where you want to avoid, and where the good restaurants are. the local entertainment/political newspaper, the Austin Chronicle, always has a yearly list of all official SXSW acts:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/

thanks very much!

c'mon. what walmart is doing here is the ethical equivalent of me selling a weight loss program that i know doesn't work. the consequences may be less but the principle is the same. the dirt farmer in the himalayas is confronted with his own moral questions as well. perhaps, he's tempted to sell watered down goat milk.

You can't even get the analogy right. It's the not so rough equivalent of you selling the snake oil wight loss, but deciding to use an Appalachia labor force that costs $10/hr with no health benefits rather than importing union workers from New York which would cost you $30/hr w health benefits.

You know, kind of like when you were in charge.

You can't even get the analogy right. It's the not so rough equivalent of you selling the snake oil wight loss, but deciding to use an Appalachia labor force that costs $10/hr with no health benefits rather than importing union workers from New York which would cost you $30/hr w health benefits.

You know, kind of like when you were in charge.

http://www.indeed.co...ceptionist.html. that's an avg of $12.50 nationally. we started at $10 with full benefits and that was a few years back. maybe an office in manhattan is paying $30 but i doubt any in wny are paying anywhere near that.