Wal-Mart is selling an ''Occupy Wall Street'' poster

principles...we don't need no stinkin principles! honesty, sincerity? what are those? the scarier thing however, is that people will buy stuff like this from from walmart, made and sold by slave wage workers and not see the irony.

I don't have tall enough boots to wade through this much stupid.

talk about a fish out of water! maybe you can pick up a "keep austin weird" shirt at your local walmart, too.

a fish leaving the water is supposedly what paved the way for the development of humanity, right? besides, I actually live in the neighborhood that the whole 'keep austin weird' thing comes from. here, if you want to be weird, you don't wear one. when I really want to stand out, I wear a Bills shirt. ;)

a fish leaving the water is supposedly what paved the way for the development of humanity, right? besides, I actually live in the neighborhood that the whole 'keep austin weird' thing comes from. here, if you want to be weird, you don't wear one. when I really want to stand out, I wear a Bills shirt. ;)

heard an artist interviewed on npr today about how fast austin is growing and that she contemplated leaving but couldn't find anywhere with better weather and so many progressives. but i'm pretty certain she was complaining about too many new folks like you...just a guess based on your posts. tolerance didn't seem to be her strong suit which i found interesting.

heard an artist interviewed on npr today about how fast austin is growing and that she contemplated leaving but couldn't find anywhere with better weather and so many progressives. but i'm pretty certain she was complaining about too many new folks like you...just a guess based on your posts. tolerance didn't seem to be her strong suit which i found interesting.

That is !@#$ing funny. :lol:

aside from a brief and terrible seven months spent in Dallas in '98-'99, I've lived in Austin since 1996. it's actually a great place overall. one or two places actually make pizza that you can eat, but the food is nothing like Buffalo. there's a lot of little shops around where I live that are so strange and specialized that I'm amazed that they've been able to stay open all these years. Austin is pretty leftist for a Texas city, but that's mainly due to state government bureaucrats and the UT campus. it's still right smack in the heart of Texas, so if someone comes here expecting a miniature San Fransisco, they're in for a rude awakening. still, I like it here. pretty much all my closest friends are leftists, or at least hold a philosophy to the left of mine, but that doesn't bother me unless they wear it on their sleeve and are bitter about it all the time. my biggest beef with them is that they seem to want to change the world and the behavior of those that they disapprove of, instead of learning to grow as an individual in order to better fit into the world around them. they're good people and their hearts are in the right place, so while I may disagree with their world view, I admire them for their caring, as inconsequential as it may be.

principles...we don't need no stinkin principles! honesty, sincerity? what are those? the scarier thing however, is that people will buy stuff like this from from walmart, made and sold by slave wage workers and not see the irony.

How lonely is it up on that tower? Care to enlighten us on the working conditions of third world countries that aren't exploited by the evil western firms? Let's say you didn't win the sperm lottery of being born into an entitled cocoon in the US, but to a dirt farmer in the Himalayas. Tell me about your moral outrage then.

How lonely is it up on that tower? Care to enlighten us on the working conditions of third world countries that aren't exploited by the evil western firms? Let's say you didn't win the sperm lottery of being born into an entitled cocoon in the US, but to a dirt farmer in the Himalayas. Tell me about your moral outrage then.

Leave him alone. He just thinks he's better than us, because he doesn't think he's better than everyone like we do.

:wacko:

c'mon. what walmart is doing here is the ethical equivalent of me selling a weight loss program that i know doesn't work. the consequences may be less but the principle is the same. the dirt farmer in the himalayas is confronted with his own moral questions as well. perhaps, he's tempted to sell watered down goat milk.

aside from a brief and terrible seven months spent in Dallas in '98-'99, I've lived in Austin since 1996. it's actually a great place overall. one or two places actually make pizza that you can eat, but the food is nothing like Buffalo. there's a lot of little shops around where I live that are so strange and specialized that I'm amazed that they've been able to stay open all these years. Austin is pretty leftist for a Texas city, but that's mainly due to state government bureaucrats and the UT campus. it's still right smack in the heart of Texas, so if someone comes here expecting a miniature San Fransisco, they're in for a rude awakening. still, I like it here. pretty much all my closest friends are leftists, or at least hold a philosophy to the left of mine, but that doesn't bother me unless they wear it on their sleeve and are bitter about it all the time. my biggest beef with them is that they seem to want to change the world and the behavior of those that they disapprove of, instead of learning to grow as an individual in order to better fit into the world around them. they're good people and their hearts are in the right place, so while I may disagree with their world view, I admire them for their caring, as inconsequential as it may be.

know a few ut grads. have to say they're not the most liberal folks i've ever met but that's ok. they seem to have good intentions. anyway, have heard good things about austin except for the urban sprawl. the music scene sounds right up my alley.

know a few ut grads. have to say they're not the most liberal folks i've ever met but that's ok. they seem to have good intentions. anyway, have heard good things about austin except for the urban sprawl. the music scene sounds right up my alley.

not all UT grads are liberals, obviously. I think any liberal bent on the part of most of the students is more a symptom of youth and idealism, like it was with me. the urban sprawl isn't nearly as bad as it is in other places I've visited, but there's no excuse for the congestion on the highways. Austin wants to become a big city (and they're getting their wish....the place is growing like gangbusters) but they didn't want to build the highways when they had a chance to do it without too much disruption and displacement. IH35 is a nightmare. you either don't move at all or it's bumper to bumper at 70mph. on the other hand, if you like music, this is a great place to be. you can find nearly any genre here that you can think of, and there's clubs of all sizes that have music all week long. in fact, I'm involved in it too. I'm in a mildly popular metal band that plays once or twice a month. this saturday will be our last show until early spring.

Austin is a great place to live, despite being pretty much the most expensive place in Texas, provided you can live without snow every winter, and can handle 108 degrees in summer long enough to run from air-conditioning to air-conditioning.

c'mon. what walmart is doing here is the ethical equivalent of me selling a weight loss program that i know doesn't work.

Years ago there was some "miracle weight loss" pill advertised on TV. One day at Dicks Sporting Goods I saw it at the checkout lane. Read the box and sure enough the claim was there along with the small print of "following their food and exercise guide."

It's not Walmart you're buying from, it's one of their Marketplace retailers. Like eBay, you're not buying directly from eBay but someone that uses their services.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35/kw/marketplace

Years ago there was some "miracle weight loss" pill advertised on TV. One day at Dicks Sporting Goods I saw it at the checkout lane. Read the box and sure enough the claim was there along with the small print of "following their food and exercise guide."

It's not Walmart you're buying from, it's one of their Marketplace retailers. Like eBay, you're not buying directly from eBay but someone that uses their services.

http://help.walmart..../kw/marketplace

oh. that changes things. carry on. nothing to see here. and there isn't a single available drug that has shown sustained, significant weight loss to the extent that obesity is "cured". doesn't exist. it's pretty simple: if conventional medicine can't treat it, snake oil salesmen will tell you that they can.

not all UT grads are liberals, obviously. I think any liberal bent on the part of most of the students is more a symptom of youth and idealism, like it was with me. the urban sprawl isn't nearly as bad as it is in other places I've visited, but there's no excuse for the congestion on the highways. Austin wants to become a big city (and they're getting their wish....the place is growing like gangbusters) but they didn't want to build the highways when they had a chance to do it without too much disruption and displacement. IH35 is a nightmare. you either don't move at all or it's bumper to bumper at 70mph. on the other hand, if you like music, this is a great place to be. you can find nearly any genre here that you can think of, and there's clubs of all sizes that have music all week long. in fact, I'm involved in it too. I'm in a mildly popular metal band that plays once or twice a month. this saturday will be our last show until early spring.

Austin is a great place to live, despite being pretty much the most expensive place in Texas, provided you can live without snow every winter, and can handle 108 degrees in summer long enough to run from air-conditioning to air-conditioning.

been considering the swsx festival as a vacation for a while. either that or nearly strictly bluegrass in san francisco. ever been to swsx?