Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

Murray is a guy who I would draft in the 3rd if he was there. I think Mettenburger is whatever.

Still don't think we should draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. But it definitely is worrisome. At the same time, it's his first year and he isn't missing a playoff game. But I have zero problem with them drafting a QB in the 3rd this year and one in the first the following year if EJ is still struggling staying healthy & progressing slowly.

i'm good with this also.

but lets just say, a QB who you absolutely believe is better than EJ is there in this years first round.....you picking him ?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly John...I told myself a while back that if he got hurt again...Especially if it was the knee...I would change my mind about Drafting a QB in 2014...My mind has officially changed... B-)

I agree. I'm not saying we should give up on Manuel, but this latest injury has me concerned.

I see Lewis & Tuel as back-up players only, we need to have a Plan B.

Murray, Mettenberger, Fales, or McCarron should be available in the 3rd round, and we should take one of them.

i'm good with this also.

but lets just say, a QB who you absolutely believe is better than EJ is there in this years first round.....you picking him ?

If they feel very strongly about (say Manziel for instance) and have reservations about Manuel... I hope they nab him in the 1st round. That would be a bold move.

i'm good with this also.

I don't really think there is a QB better than EJ this year. All of the guys will have knocks: Johnny Football (size/arm strength), Bridgewater (competition), Boyd (size), etc. I think a lot of people are naive that a rookie next year would come in and be much better than EJ was this year. Last year is liek the only year it has ever happened.

Use your first 2 picks to upgrade the talent around the QB. A full offseason for EJ. And then if it's clear he's not the guy next year, a QB will step into a pretty good situation.

i'm good with this also.

No. I am not fully convinced that there is a QB who is that much better than EJ right now. Including Bridgewater, Hundley & Manziel.

I'll admit that this year's QB class has depth, and we can get a decent-to-good QB in the 3rd round.

If Khalil Mack is available when the Bills pick, I would take him instead of a QB.

Seasons pretty much a wash for EJ. Let him heal completely in the offseason(I think his knees just need to heal completely).

Not too impressed with the QB class coming out, especially since the top QB (Bridgewater) is thinking of staying in school. Not that Bills would have a shot at him. I'd take one in the 3rd/4th though.

If he doesn't show any improvement next year, draft a QB in the first again.

I can understand wanting to draft another QB because you think EJ is injury prone.

But to advocate for taking guys who just tore ACLs is mind numbing stupid.

ACL tears are no longer career-threatening and they do not happen because of a player's frailty or decision-making.

OK...I'm officially 100% in on Drafting a QB in 2014 in the first few Rounds...

I like EJ a lot...I like his potential and he's going to be here for a while regardless...But 3 knee injuries in one season? If that's not a red flag I don't know what is...Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best... And I'm not comfortable with Lewis, Kolb, or Tuel as anything more than back-ups... B-)

I agree with your take on this. I also like EJ, and think he has the potential to be great, but there has been nothing shown so far to actual confirm my opinion on him. QB being the most important position by far, the Bills would be wise to grab one in the first 3 rounds.

I don't really think there is a QB better than EJ this year. All of the guys will have knocks: Johnny Football (size/arm strength), Bridgewater (competition), Boyd (size), etc. I think a lot of people are naive that a rookie next year would come in and be much better than EJ was this year. Last year is liek the only year it has ever happened.

Use your first 2 picks to upgrade the talent around the QB. A full offseason for EJ. And then if it's clear he's not the guy next year, a QB will step into a pretty good situation.

At the very least the Bills need to get a veteran FA. I don't mind building a shell of a team for a rookie to step into (Big Ben had a great supporting cast in Pgh when he came in) but having a vet to start the season/compete with EJ for the starting job would not be the worst thing.

With the current weather forecast looking sloppy (warm with rain) for Sunday, I think that Lewis gives the Bills a better chance to win. If EJ had trouble throwing in 5 out of 8 quarters in the FL games, how would he be able to perform in messy weather?

At the very least the Bills need to get a veteran FA. I don't mind building a shell of a team for a rookie to step into (Big Ben had a great supporting cast in Pgh when he came in) but having a vet to start the season/compete with EJ for the starting job would not be the worst thing.

Fair point but who is out there? Also, a vet we get would must likely be a stopgap. I think you see what you have in EJ and if he fails, you draft a rookie. Very rarely are you getting your franchise QB via trade/ FA. You have to draft one.

This is the same knee that he had the problem on first.

I asked this before but no one has a answer. What was wrong with

the knee originaly? Was he drafted with a bad knee? Marrone said

he knew but was not telling.

Why is it such a big secret? No transparency.

Even our GM did not know about one of his players last weekend

but Ron Brooks knew.

What is going on with your formatting? I feel like every post belongs in the haiku thread. What does the bolded mean?

I'm driving up 6 hrs from columbus to sit out in the freezing cold to watch backups on one of the worst teams in the NFL? Why do I do this to myself

Yikes! You do it because you're a sucker like the rest of us! Hopefully the results make it worthwhile for you!

Little point in Manuel even playing that game. Just consider him as being in the offseason and get the body healthy. Give Thad an audition for backup and see if he is Thad the Impaler or Thad the Impaled.

Agree

Shut him down, he clearly can't stay on the field this year. Get him healthy over the off season and give it another shot next year.

Just watch out for wet mats.

Fair point but who is out there? Also, a vet we get would must likely be a stopgap. I think you see what you have in EJ and if he fails, you draft a rookie. Very rarely are you getting your franchise QB via trade/ FA. You have to draft one.

Matt Flynn! That guy is awesome!

I can understand wanting to draft another QB because you think EJ is injury prone.

But to advocate for taking guys who just tore ACLs is mind numbing stupid.

lol

ACL tears are no longer career-threatening and they do not happen because of a player's frailty or decision-making.

So you would rather EJ tear his ACL and rehab than tweak his knee and be fine? If the Bills were still in the playoff race he would be playing with the sprain. Edited by YoloInTheBlo