Dude, I Don't Work Here!

There are no locks on the doors. People who don't know how to open the door may perceive it as "locked" but it's not, because there are no locks.

Having said that, getting from the airplane to the ground, without stairs could be a challenge. No doubt the crews are at fault. First the cabin crew who is responsible to see that the plane is clear before they leave, and then possibly Maintenance or Ramp, whomever powered the plane down at the end of the day. Both are supposed to walk thru. Mostly to look for any left behind personal items, or security issues, but in this case, to make sure nobody is on board.

can you really get locked inside? Hello, Emergency Door handle!!!

I was thinking more like a quick youtube search to see if they had a video showing how to deploy the inflatable slide. you may as well have a little fun in a situation like that.

He does look like he could "blend" in w/the seat!

LoL...

I was thinking more like a quick youtube search to see if they had a video showing how to deploy the inflatable slide. you may as well have a little fun in a situation like that.

Yeah... I was thinking that... But when it is in "park mode"... Do they call it that? Are features all still enabled?

Maybe the poster/member Marv's Neighbor (I think Marv's Neighbor, they are the one that flies/works airlines) could shed some light on this?

There are no locks on the doors. People who don't know how to open the door may perceive it as "locked" but it's not, because there are no locks.

Having said that, getting from the airplane to the ground, without stairs could be a challenge. No doubt the crews are at fault. First the cabin crew who is responsible to see that the plane is clear before they leave, and then possibly Maintenance or Ramp, whomever powered the plane down at the end of the day. Both are supposed to walk thru. Mostly to look for any left behind personal items, or security issues, but in this case, to make sure nobody is on board.

Ooops... Thanks... Just saw your post!

The only way to deploy an airliner Emergency Chute is if the Slide is "Armed." You may recall hearing a cabin call to set doors/exits for departure, or arm slides-usually when the plane is pushing back from the gate. Likewise on arrival something to the effect of; set doors for arrival, disarm doors, or set slides to "safe" etc. Any airliner that is parked, either at the gate, or the hangar, will have the slides disarmed. If a slide is mistakenly deployed, depending on the plane, it's several thousand to to replace the spent slide and replace it. Not a good thing to do in today's job market!

All the Boeing's have slide packs in the doors. There's usually a girt bar on the base of the slide pack that attaches to the floor of the cabin when the slide is armed. When they're dis-armed, the girt bar gets removed from the floor latches and usually snaps to the bottom of the slide pack where it's out of the way. Some slides are armed simply by the process of attaching the bar, while the wide bodies have a handle that arms the slide. Some of the Airbus's have slides outside the cabin, under the floor, below the door. You can't see the slide pack in the cabin because its actually under the floor and if deployed comes out it's own door on the side of the plane;

This passenger that fell asleep was stupid. He had a short flight from Corpus Christi to Houston. Maybe 20-25 minutes tops. It's not like the seats in the lawn darts are that comfortable. He already knows he has to make a connection in Houston, for God's sake man stay awake for :30 and be responsible for yourself, just a little!