Contract Extension means Saban staying at Alabama

26CornerBlitz

What the hell are they smoking out there in Austin?

Did you see the list of coaches being named the media thinks UT should go after?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20131216-who-s-in-the-running-who-s-out-the-master-list-of-the-candidates-in-the-texas-longhorns-coaching-search.ece

Due note, this was published on Dec 16, 2013. By that time, Saban had already said signed his extension and said NO.

The paper has updated the list since then, but the names being thrown out there make you want to go WTF.

The list:

First Call

Saban - updated, not happening.

A-List

Urban Meyer, Ohio State (possible, don't think it's very probable)

Mike Tomlin, Steelers - updated, "a source close to Tomlin said the coach's inclusion on the list was 'absurd.'"

John Harbaugh, Ravens - :lol:

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers - updated, when asked about the Texas position during a press conference: "Are you trying to be funny?"

Art Briles, Baylor - Just signed a 10 yr extension (possible, extension was signed before Texas job opened up)

Gus Malzahn, Auburn - updated, says he's a good fit at Auburn, and just signed an extension (personally, I would not rule him out. If he wins the NC, he's being severely under paid at $3M+ a year. Despite what Aubbie's think, Auburn does not have the resources to get into a bidding war with Texas.)

David Shaw, Stanford - updated, says he's staying at Stanford (Personally, I think this guy's next move will be to the NFL)

Jimbo Fisher, FSU - Signed an extension in December (long shot. IMHO, IF he moves, it will be to the NFL)

Chip Kelly, Eagles - updated, "I haven’t spoken to anybody, nor will I speak to anybody," (Chip still has time left on his 18 month "show cause" penalty)

Les Miles, LSU - :doh:

Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M - (it will be interesting to see how Sumlin and the Aggies are AFTER Johnny Football leaves)

Pete Carroll, Seahakws - :lol:

Mike McCarthy, Packers - :lol:

B-List

Charlie Strong, Louisville -

Jon Gruden, NFL Analyst - (a longer shot than Jimbo Fisher. Don't see it happening)

James Franklin, Vanderbilt -

Mike Gundy, Okie State -

Kirby Smart, Bama DC - (media might be interested in him, I don't think UT is though)

Dabo Sweeny, Clemson -

Mark Dantanio, Mich State - (texas native)

Jim Mora, UCLA - (turned down Washington Job for an extension)

IMO, out of all those people, I think Texas needs to take a close look at:

Dantanio, Strong, Sweeny, Gundy, Franklin, Briles and Malzahn

What the hell are they smoking out there in Austin?

Did you see the list of coaches being named the media thinks UT should go after?

http://www.dallasnew...hing-search.ece

Due note, this was published on Dec 16, 2013. By that time, Saban had already said signed his extension and said NO.

The paper has updated the list since then, but the names being thrown out there make you want to go WTF.

The list:

First Call

Saban - updated, not happening.

A-List

Urban Meyer, Ohio State (possible, don't think it's very probable)

Mike Tomlin, Steelers - updated, "a source close to Tomlin said the coach's inclusion on the list was 'absurd.'"

John Harbaugh, Ravens - :lol:

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers - updated, when asked about the Texas position during a press conference: "Are you trying to be funny?"

Art Briles, Baylor - Just signed a 10 yr extension (possible, extension was signed before Texas job opened up)

Gus Malzahn, Auburn - updated, says he's a good fit at Auburn, and just signed an extension (personally, I would not rule him out. If he wins the NC, he's being severely under paid at $3M+ a year. Despite what Aubbie's think, Auburn does not have the resources to get into a bidding war with Texas.)

David Shaw, Stanford - updated, says he's staying at Stanford (Personally, I think this guy's next move will be to the NFL)

Jimbo Fisher, FSU - Signed an extension in December (long shot. IMHO, IF he moves, it will be to the NFL)

Chip Kelly, Eagles - updated, "I haven’t spoken to anybody, nor will I speak to anybody," (Chip still has time left on his 18 month "show cause" penalty)

Les Miles, LSU - :doh:

Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M - (it will be interesting to see how Sumlin and the Aggies are AFTER Johnny Football leaves)

Pete Carroll, Seahakws - :lol:

Mike McCarthy, Packers - :lol:

B-List

Charlie Strong, Louisville -

Jon Gruden, NFL Analyst - (a longer shot than Jimbo Fisher. Don't see it happening)

James Franklin, Vanderbilt -

Mike Gundy, Okie State -

Kirby Smart, Bama DC - (media might be interested in him, I don't think UT is though)

Dabo Sweeny, Clemson -

Mark Dantanio, Mich State - (texas native)

Jim Mora, UCLA - (turned down Washington Job for an extension)

IMO, out of all those people, I think Texas needs to take a close look at:

Dantanio, Strong, Sweeny, Gundy, Franklin, Briles and Malzahn

I guess anything is possible but can't see that happening

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.