bByrd fined

bisonbrigade

text book i thought. never thought they would reinforce this with a fine after reviewing it.

This is a mess .

So how bout we just cant tackle a QB at all. we put some flags on his hips when he runs and when he passes defenders can only jump up and down trying to block the throw.

I'm gonna puke over this fine. The call was what the NFL expects but the fine is absurd.

As I recall didn't he tackle just below the knees??

if memory serves, byrd hit the qb somewhere around mid thigh. but glennon is so damn tall and lanky the the trajectory of byrd laying out for the tackle probably made it look a lot worse than it was. i thought it was a good, clean hit. but, i am not an nfl referee.

on a side note, i am waiting for someone with extreme roid rage to throat-punch a ref for a bad call.

Byrd not only was called for roughing the passer, but now is fined for it. If you saw the play it was delayed safety blitz and he tackled him at the waist. Complete BS call and fine. What a joke.

http://espn.go.com/b...ned-for-low-hit

10 posts in we have "waist" "mid thigh" "just below the knees" and "ankles"

Seems like a case of needing a replay before complaining about it being clean

10 posts in we have "waist" "mid thigh" "just below the knees" and "ankles"

Seems like a case of needing a replay before complaining about it being clean

We do indeed. But the replays showed a clean effort from Byrd. IMHO

regardless of the rules and regardless of Eugene , Byrd has always been a clean efficient tackler. Never an over aggressive fellow . Just plays the game as it was taught to him. Play smart . he did. I dont care where he ended up hitting dillweed he was protecting the fellow and wrapping nicely. Textbook . and a gentlemans tackle

Can't go at the QB knees and the tackle was at the knees. I know, ridiculous (and agree that it should NOT be a penalty or worse a fine) but that's what in the rule book these days. Can't go at the knees nor the head of the QB. I am not surprised at the fine. This is the "cheapness" of the new NFL and it will continue to only get worse over time.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The NFL has outlawed defense. Simple as that. Get used to it or watch another sport.

Sadly, this schity rules are leaching into the college and HS game. That is what really pisses me off. I could care less if the NFL ruins its product, but to ruin all of football, that's blasphemy!!!

The NFL has outlawed defense. Simple as that. Get used to it or watch another sport.

Sadly, this schity rules are leaching into the college and HS game. That is what really pisses me off. I could care less if the NFL ruins its product, but to ruin all of football, that's blasphemy!!!

You nailed it with this comment.

Byrd's hit was clean and legal. It was a BS call, and the fine is ridiculous.