World's fastest thread

The Big Cat

when I had one in Texas the turn off switch was easy to get to.

just like my gas grill if you aint using it shut it off

We're looking at -20 here in Chizzy tonight. So...I'll be using it almost nightly rather than run the bajeezus out of the gas heat.

I'd rather not have to trigger the pilot every time because--for whatever reason--it drives my dog NUTS. To the extent she burned off half her whiskers poking her snout in to bark at the flames once. Dummy.

Here she is with Mrs. Big Cat:

vYygo7zl.jpg

The pilot light may very well by code and certainly by design is meant to stay on. That way if the gas valve is opened accidentally or not closed properly the fireplace will simply ignite vs having your home fill up with gas and go boom.

Big Mrs Cat is very pretty though next time you might want to suggest a blue collar to go better with her fur color.

The pilot light may very well by code and certainly by design is meant to stay on. That way if the gas valve is opened accidentally or not closed properly the fireplace will simply ignite vs having your home fill up with gas and go boom.

Big Mrs Cat is very pretty though next time you might want to suggest a blue collar to go better with her fur color.

haha, that took long enough.

Yeah, the one in the yellow sweater wets herself during thunderstorms, too.

very pretty . Mrs Big cat and the dog.

If you have a fireplace use it. years back I rented a duplex with a FP, I'd have a cord of wood stacked out back, and we used it pretty much every day and evening in the winter. At bed time we let the fire die down and put the heat on to 68.

In Texas I'd load up the FP, turn the gas on until the fire was cooking then I'd turn the gas off.

Repeat the next morning.