Why do they call this a Confirmation Hearing??

You know I can see where Boxer voted against Condi.  There seems to be some real hate there, between the two.  However, Kerry who has been very silent during the whole preceedings also voted against Condi.  Is this just poor sportmanship on his part?  My guess is it is.  Even the uber-liberal who sits a few desks down thought it was very spiteful.

211168[/snapback]

I think it's racism.... :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Dr. Rice passed the commitee with a 16-2 vote. Guess who the two pin heads were who voted no to Condi????

Oh no big surprise here....it was one freak from the left coast (boxer) and another freak from the right coast (kerry).

Let me aska question: If these two losers were not working in the US senate do you think that they could even get hired by any for profit company? I really doubt it, they are on the wrong side of just about everything, and they are exactly the type of people who get thier ases fired because they act as a cancer to the team.

By the way Dr. Rice passed the commitee with a 16-2 vote. Guess who the two pin heads were who voted no to Condi????

Oh no big surprise here....it was one freak from the left coast (boxer) and another freak from the right coast (kerry).

Let me aska question: If these two losers were not working in the US senate do you think that they could even get hired by any for profit company? I really doubt it, they are on the wrong side of just about everything, and they are exactly the type of people who get thier ases fired because they act as a cancer to the team.

211178[/snapback]

You want a loser just check out your avatar. He lost the Iraq war because he failed to provide the neccessary man power, equipment and strategy to do the job right.

You want a loser just check out your avatar. He lost the Iraq war because he failed to provide the neccessary man power, equipment and strategy to do the job right.

211188[/snapback]

He provided what was asked for by the commanders who drew up the plan.

Who says they're on the wrong side? So the 48% that voted for Kerry don't count? Our views should be supressed for the next 4 years? I know you'd like that, but someone has to hold this administration's feet to the fire over their mistakes. Too bad for you, we're not going away.

And the people in this administration are the type that in private business are the 'yes men' that say what their bosses want to hear even when their bosses are wrong, but the people that have to work with them hate them and their kiss-ass attitudes.

And the people in this administration are the type that in private business are the 'yes men' that say what their bosses want to hear even when their bosses are wrong, but the people that have to work with them hate them and their kiss-ass attitudes.

211206[/snapback]

Thankfully the Democrats are filled with contrarian leaders. [/sarcasm]

Nope, you've still got that title.  Won't stop him from working harder for it, of course...

211167[/snapback]

Well, the bar needs to be raised after all, otherwise the standards are so low that anyone can crawl under. And there are enough bottom-dwellers here already. They only hunt in packs of course, don't have the guts to stand alone and all like to try to pile on when they can. Then the pat themselves on the back, thinking anyone gives a rat's ass what they say.

:P

My jokes are far funnier than RIOs AND I am not a thief.

Well, the bar needs to be raised after all, otherwise the standards are so low that anyone can crawl under.  And there are enough bottom-dwellers here already.  They only hunt in packs of course, don't have the guts to stand alone and all like to try to pile on when they can.  Then the pat themselves on the back, thinking anyone gives a rat's ass what they say.

:P

My jokes are far funnier than RIOs AND I am not a thief.

211273[/snapback]

Your facts are pretty funny too.

211188[/snapback]

What???

are you under the influence or are you always this silly?

We have lost nothing pal........the war in Iraq just like the war on terror is a work in process. By what measure do you say we have lost there?

Hmm, I guess that you are the audience that boxer, kerry, luger, and the rest of the nutjobs were chasing yesterday.

Thankfully the Democrats are filled with contrarian leaders.

I'm not looking at this as a Democrat / Republican issue, this is a problem with THIS administration. Previous administrations from both parties had people around their presidents who offered alternative and sometimes opposite views on important issues. Who is there left in this administration who will offer an opposing view to Cheney and Rumsfeld? Powell tried but was outnumbered.

I'm not looking at this as a Democrat / Republican issue, this is a problem with THIS administration.  Previous administrations from both parties had people around their presidents who offered alternative and sometimes opposite views on important issues.  Who is there left in this administration who will offer an opposing view to Cheney and Rumsfeld?  Powell tried but was outnumbered.

211354[/snapback]

More than that, it's a problem with the system. The executive branch tends to breed yes-men at higher levels. From what I've read, Clinton's administration was little different...

Your facts are pretty funny too.

211299[/snapback]

Facts? Who needs facts nowadays? The govt & media have taken facts out of the picture. It's all "we have reason to believe" this & "unconfirmed reports say" that.

More than that, it's a problem with the system.  The executive branch tends to breed yes-men at higher levels.  From what I've read, Clinton's administration was little different...

211397[/snapback]

I've yet to be in a large organization that celebrated opposing or significantly different views. I lost my last job for similiar reasons -though it is humorous that barely 14 months later I've been proven ABSOLUTELY correct and virtually everyone who opposed me has now been relieved.

What???

are you under the influence or are you always this silly?

We have lost nothing pal........the war in Iraq just like the war on terror is a work in process. By what measure do you say we have lost there?

Hmm, I guess that you are the audience that boxer, kerry, luger, and the rest of the nutjobs were chasing yesterday.

211316[/snapback]

We've lost 2,000 troops to due to poor intelligence. Then that nutjob in the oval office proceeds to give Medals of Freedom to the nutjobs that fubared the WMD information. Foolish doesn't even begin to describe Bush's actions.

We've lost 2,000 troops to due to poor intelligence. Then that nutjob in the oval office proceeds to give Medals of Freedom to the nutjobs that fubared the WMD information. Foolish doesn't even begin to describe Bush's actions.

211494[/snapback]

You're just a walking soundbite, aren't you?

211188[/snapback]

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.............he thinks everything over there is going just swell, big success. Hip, hip hooooooraaaaaayy. Don't spoil it for him, he has so few pleasures in life.

I like how she says she is going to rebuild our alliances and yet can't acknowledge that the administration's policies are why they are broke and need rebuilding in the first place. I am not saying he should have therefore changed those policies, just be honest that they came at a cost as far as our "allies" are concerned and they she should be honest about that.

Minor point, I know but it is a slow day.